Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

military salute disneyland tickets

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] military salute disneyland tickets

My husband was just recently released from the military meaning he technically isn't retired but is a veteran with an ID. Are we still eligible for the 3 day military tickets? If not are we eligible for discounted tickets from our base.

http://www.facebook.com/DisneylandGirlsPage

Re: military salute disneyland tickets

I really salute your husband AND you (I understand it takes a special kind of person to be a military spouse). I don't know if this will help, but I did hear a rumor a few weeks ago on Pinterest, that you can actually get a discount if you purchase tickets through your local air force base. (It sounds weird, I know, and I'm not sure if this is valid or not, I just thought I'd try and help ) the person who posted this information said that you did NOT have to have been in the military to get this discount, but then again, this is just something I came across.
    "Who's she?!?"
    "Oh her? Oh, that's Wendy!"
    "A girl?!"
    "What's she doing here?!"
    "..and in her nightdress too!"
    "...We were only trying to drown her..that's all."sigpic

Comment

at least we will be able to get some kind of a discount

http://www.facebook.com/DisneylandGirlsPage

Comment

Ask at the ticket booths (or give them a call). I think you have to be either specifically retired or active duty and have a current military ID, but don't quote me on that. My Mom is a disabled retired veteran with an orange ID, and she was able to get their three day deal, and they did specifically check her military ID. It was $125 for three day Hopper tickets.
        Last edited by Malina; 10-10-2013, 12:43 AM.
        Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

You could always call your local MWR office as well to find out. Are you still able to come on base?
          Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
          Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
          Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
          Neverland since 1996.
          ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Comment

The 3-day park hopper ones are for active and retired military only. As far as the park enforcing the ID check at the gates, I'm not sure how much that is enforced. This is always a topic that comes up here and there.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-discount.html

Comment

If you and/or your husband have a valid ID and are eligible to go on base you will be eligible for the military tickets. I used them last October before I got out and had a difficult time obtaining them from my base, so I wound up having to get them at the parks when I arrived in California. As long as one person has the ID to buy the tickets you should be fine. The best way is to go on base and visit the MWR office and see if they are selling the tickets. If not contact Disney and make sure you can buy them at the ticket offices outside the park when you arrive.

Just make sure the ID holder is with you at all times while entering the parks. If you aren't entering with the ID holder who bought the tickets they won't let you in. Just fyi.

And yes, as mentioned, they are available for active duty, active reserve, and retired military only. If you or your husband hold a civilian CAC card for DoD or civilian contractor you are not eligible for the discounted tickets.
              Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X