This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Things you've always wanted to do that are against the park rules

So I'm sure lots of us on here have things they see in the park that they always wistfully wish they could do if it weren't against Disneyland park rules. Whether it's diving into the submarine lagoon, skateboarding around the park, riding the Tinkerbell zipline, etc.

For me I think the one thing that stands out the most is that I always wanted to do was to spend the night in the Swiss Famly Treehouse. Of course, I'd need them to turn off the polka music, but I always thought that would be so much fun.

Another thing that comes to mind is riding the Haunted Mansion alone. I'm talking about going down the elevator by yourself, walking down the hallway, and then boarding the one lone doom buggy and taking a ride through. I've always kind of hated that you can see all of the other doom buggies and even hear the narration coming from some of the ones in front of you. It takes away some of the immersiveness of the theme. Ditto for Pirates.

Even though I don't think there was ever a time that I thought that the gold and jewels were real on Pirates, I've always wanted to jump out in the treasure room scene and play with all of the fake treasure. Toss some gold coins up in the air, slide down a hill of gold and jewels, etc. Now I realize that chances are all of that stuff is glued down.

Walk through Club 33!!! Even as a cast member who knew two of the girls that worked there I was absolutely not allowed to do that.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Re: Things you've always wanted to do that are against the park rules

For as long as I can remember, I've always wanted to stay the night on Tom Sawyer's Island!!!

Comment

Switch places with the Tahitian dancers in It's A Small World!

Comment

Jump the rails on Autopia AND MAKE TRACKS FOR TIJUANA!

Or just drive around the park like a Shriner all day. That'd be good too.
        Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Do a walk thru on most of the rides, pausing long enough to let it really sink in. Then I'd go swimming in the Rivers of America with Belle.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Mine is definitely to ride the Haunted Mansion at midnight with a very small, select group of friends... like 5 or 6 of us. And the doombuggies would go through at half speed, so there would be time to really get a good look at everything. Yeah. Then chocolatey dessert and coffee time in the fastpass garden. With Maynard to serve. Yeah, that would do it.
            sigpic
            “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
            but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
            ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

Swim in the Sub Lagoon. I've wanted to do this for as long as I can remember. Used to try to figure a way I would be able to 'accidentally' fall in when I was a kid, but my nefarious schemes all came to naught.
              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Ohhh, I want to jump out of a dark ride (actually, any ride really), and to explore the attraction at my own leisure!
                My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

Swim in the submarine lagoon and take an inner tube through Splash Mountain. I'm sure I would end up nice and bruised.

Comment

Walk the Peoplemover track, cruise the park in an Autopia vehicle, take over Tom Sawyer Island. Walk through PotC and HM. Never thought of inner tubing Splash Mountain, the final drop would be a bitch. Walk through Thunder Mountain RR just to see the detail. Walk through the area where Cascade Peak used to be.
                    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Originally posted by MRaymond View Post
                      Walk the Peoplemover track, cruise the park in an Autopia vehicle, take over Tom Sawyer Island. Walk through PotC and HM. Never thought of inner tubing Splash Mountain, the final drop would be a bitch. Walk through Thunder Mountain RR just to see the detail. Walk through the area where Cascade Peak used to be.
                      Realistically, I think the drop is so steep, you'd probably fall off of the innertube and seriously injury yourself or even die.

I have never thought of driving through the park in an Autopia vehicle, but now that one's on my list too!!!
                      Disneyland Cast Member
                      Outdoor Vending
                      1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

I want to spend the night at the dream suite, or sleeping beautys castle, put on a mermaid tail and swim around the lagoon, and get off on pirates in the wench scene and see if anyone can tell the difference.
                        "Who's she?!?"
                        "Oh her? Oh, that's Wendy!"
                        "A girl?!"
                        "What's she doing here?!"
                        "..and in her nightdress too!"
                        "...We were only trying to drown her..that's all."sigpic

Comment

Great question.

For starters, I'd love to be able to walk the track of the Fantasyland dark ride Pinocchio, and take as many pictures as I can.

I'd love to be able to slide down the pole in the firehouse.

Ride on a float in a parade with my favorite character Jiminy Cricket.

Roller skate down Main Street and through the castle.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Run from ride to ride!!
                            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Watch the fireworks from the top of the Matterhorn.

Drive a Main Street Vehicle down Main Street.

Ride Peter Pan continuously for as long as I want without having to get off until I say so.

Play hopscotch in Town Square.

Cook Mickey Mouse Pancakes in River Bell Terrace Restaurant.
                              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X