This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Slightly Off-Topic Security Question

I have tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party on Halloween, I'm dressing up as the 11th doctor from Doctor Who and I'm bringing a sonic screwdriver with me that lights up and makes a noise when you press a button. The rules say that you can't bring anything that would be mistaken for a weapon I'm a little nervous that they'll have to tell me to get rid of the screwdriver because it might look like a weapon.

http://www.abctoy4me.com/images/Elev...crewdriver.jpg

This is what the toy looks like in case you were wondering.

So does it look too bad?

Re: Slightly Off-Topic Security Question

You should be ok. I know CMs that have the 10th and 11th sonic screwdrivers. Plus a lot of the vapor cigarettes look like that or bigger

Comment

I've seen people bring Sonic Screwdrivers to the Parks before, and it was just a regular day (meaning no special events). So I BELIEVE you'll be fine!
      My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

Thanks because I've been wanting to dress like the doctor for Halloween ever since I started watching Doctor Who this year.

Comment

and slightly off topic to your topic, I could total go as your companion. My real name is Amy Pond
          “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

Comment

Originally posted by Acpisme View Post
            and slightly off topic to your topic, I could total go as your companion. My real name is Amy Pond
            Slightly off topic to your slightly off topic, do you have red hair?

Comment

Originally posted by Acpisme View Post

Do you also have red hair?

EDIT:

Bwahaha, oops! minivan2 and I posted the same question at the same time I'm glad to see there are some Whovians here on the MiceChat board!
              My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post

Bwahaha, oops! minivan2 and I posted the same question at the same time I'm glad to see there are some Whovians here on the MiceChat board!
                What are the odds of that! I can't believe all the people who are Whovians on micechat either!

Comment

my buddy was a ghostbuster a few years ago and they wouldnt let him in cause of his proton pack....they considered it a weapon since he could had hidden weapons within it....they asked for a manager on staff and they still wouldnt let him in....ironically, a week or so before the incident....a group of ghostbuster people went into the park without a problem.....

Comment

Originally posted by minivan2 View Post
                    What are the odds of that! I can't believe all the people who are Whovians on micechat either!
                    We are a growing subset! Personally, I'd be equally thrilled and terrified to see The Doctor in Disneyland, since wherever he shows up, bad things tend to happen.

"Don't even blink in It's a Small World!"
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

You just never know how they will rule on a costume until you get there.
                      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I would think you'd be fine. I think the rule of anything similar to a weapon applies more to fake guns, knives, grenades, Freddy Krueger type hook hands, etc..
                        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

As a matter of fact I have strawberry blonde, but curly
                          “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

Comment

My husband, son, and 2 grandsons went to the Halloween parties as different doctors last year. Each of them had a sonic screwdriver and they did not have a problem. You should be fine.
                            :lol:

Comment

Doesn't look anymore threatening than the lightsabers they sell.

And on that note....it looks like a lightsaber with a nipple.
                              "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X