Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG... when did Disneyland became so incredibly expensive?!?!?!?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] OMG... when did Disneyland became so incredibly expensive?!?!?!?

Last year.. .February... I recall paying $179 for a 3 day Park Hopper.

This year... I'm paying... $260 for the same ticket?

Am I wrong?!?!?! Is this really happening?

Suddenly, going to Vegas is cheaper than Disney!

Re: OMG... when did Disneyland became so incredibly expensive?!?!?!?

I don't recall seeing $179 for a 3-day in recent years, unless they are only offered to locals. I think the special they have at Safeway (up here) is usually $249 for a 3-day.

Comment

I could certainly be wrong, but I don't remember paying $260 for a 3 day pass. I'm actually sure I paid $180, tops. Am I mistaken?

This could be a deal breaker. I could go to the Mandalay Bay... and it'd be cheaper than the Anaheim Plaza + DL.

Comment

Just looked back at my credit card charge from February of last year for some three day park hoppers I purchased. I paid $425.00 for two three day park hoppers. One adult and one child.

Comment

At this point it's clear they want basically everyone on annual passes.

Comment

Originally posted by fjhuerta View Post
            Last year.. .February... I recall paying $179 for a 3 day Park Hopper.

This year... I'm paying... $260 for the same ticket?

Am I wrong?!?!?! Is this really happening?

Suddenly, going to Vegas is cheaper than Disney!
            Feb 2012, a 3 day park hopper was $224. There was a special deal in the spring for a promotional ticket that expired prior to Cars Land opening for $199.
            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

​It's been going up in bits and starts. I'm priced out at this point, except for a few isolated visits now and then.
              I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Originally posted by Van Hammersly View Post
                At this point it's clear they want basically everyone on annual passes.
                Considering they jacked up their prices too and block-out most of the AP's all summer and the parks are still packed with people paying the high prices, I don't think so. They will continue to raise al​l ticketprices until it adversely affects profits.
                The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by fjhuerta View Post
                  I could certainly be wrong, but I don't remember paying $260 for a 3 day pass. I'm actually sure I paid $180, tops. Am I mistaken?

This could be a deal breaker. I could go to the Mandalay Bay... and it'd be cheaper than the Anaheim Plaza + DL.
                  I don't think Las Vegas and a Disneyland trip are comparable...they are just two very different offerings, for my family at least.

Las Vegas hotels offer very cheap rooms because they expect people to be gambling. I've been to Vegas a few times and there was not much there for me. I don't gamble. It was a very cheap vacation because the room rates were ridiculously low and we got a flight and room package deal. The food there was cheap too and we went to a lot of buffets. I enjoyed being by the pool and I had a nice time, but I would have rather gone to Disneyland.

Comment

Back in 2009, a three-day summer ticket was a mere $99, and you could upgrade it to a hopper for a ridiculously low price ($15 I think?).

Comment

I remember that in 2009 I got a three day hopper ticket for something like $130 - it was some promotion where everyone got to pay the kids' ticket price. Did they run that promotion again, maybe?
                      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Saturn View Post
                        Just looked back at my credit card charge from February of last year for some three day park hoppers I purchased. I paid $425.00 for two three day park hoppers. One adult and one child.
                        Last edited by fjhuerta; 10-15-2013, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Ever since Eisner took office.
                          And when Iger started ... the prices have been making absurd jumps.
                          MY SIGNATURE:
                          Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

I'll probably visit this time, and I'll have to visit once every two years from now on.

Absolutely ridiculous. And I still haven't considered the cost of dining and souvenirs. For the price alone of DL tickets I could take a pretty nice vacation somewhere else. Incredible.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly how you figured out your expenses, but I go to Las Vegas every month or so.

When you say the Beatles show, I'm assuming you mean LOVE. I see LOVE on almost every trip and am looking at my ticket stubs from last month- $119.25 each for decent seats (and that's with a discount), so basically $240 for 1 1/2 hours of entertainment for 2 not counting a visit to their gift shop with comparable pricing as Disneyland. So by the time you've bought a ball cap or T shirt and factored in dinner, that's over $300. Or for a family of 4, $480 in tickets alone.

For one evening.
                              Last edited by FlubberZorro; 10-15-2013, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X