This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Jingle Cruise - Disneyland Holiday Overlay to the Jungle Cruise

Here's a bit of news from today's Editors Note. I think you all will enjoy this one:

TDA is working on the final phases of a stealth plan to add one more Christmas overlay to Disneyland this season. Dubbed the "Jingle Cruise", it features a decorative holiday overlay to the original Jungle Cruise with the skippers delivering a new spiel and holiday jokes. It doesn't have the big budget that the Haunted Mansion or Small World holiday overlays get, but it could be clever with the right skipper at the helm.

Sounds fun. So, let's practice our holiday jokes.

Thoughts?
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Jingle Cruise - Disneyland Holiday Overlay to the Jungle Cruise

Now that's a fun idea! While I love the jokes on the Jungle Cruise, it'll be refreshing to hear some new material! Even though there doesn't seem to be a lot of love for the holiday overlays here on MiceChat, I personally would love to see this happen!
    My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

Haha so I saw the title of this and immediately had to think about the date to see if it was April 1st...

Comment

Originally posted by jsanch2 View Post
        Haha so I saw the title of this and immediately had to think about the date to see if it was April 1st...
        How funny, I actually did the same thing! :lmao:
        My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

It's a great idea -- could be a total hoot!

"And there on the African Veldt -- a pride of ravenous lions, a pack of hungry hyenas, and eight tiny delicious reindeer."

"Let's all sing along: You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout as the piranhas tear this boat to pieces in less than 30 seconds."

"Look! Lurking near that native village... tall elves with spears!"

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
            "Let's all sing along: You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout as the piranhas tear this boat to pieces in less than 30 seconds."
            :lmao:

*Exiting the boat* "Please watch your step as you exit. And if you do miss it, you better watch out, you better not cry. Better not pout, I'm telling you why....there are children around."
            Stopping in the middle is
            DISTINCTLY
            UNPATRIOTIC!

Comment

I felt Disneyland was missing just one more Christmas themed overlay for the holidays ... So, I'm thrilled to hear about this.

I was sad we lost Country Bear Jamboree .. and with it .. the annual Christmas overaly ... and I also remember a Roger Rabbit Christmas show in a tent .. in the ranch area behind Big Thunder.

Now that the Fantasyland Theatre is back ... hopefully we'll see Christmas themed shows, along with HM, Small World ... the addition of Jingle Cruise should complete just enough fun stuff for the holidays.

(And I also think Disneyland needs one more annual Halloween theme overlay to a ride. I think Big Thunder would be perfect. What they could do in the indoor sections of the ride, could be similar to what Knott's does with the Calico Mine Train, and Timber Mtn. Log Ride)
              MY SIGNATURE:
              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by jsanch2 View Post

I am too lazy to look in the archives, but I could swear that Al did this in one of his April 1 posts a few years back...lol. That is what came to my mind also.

I think it could be done correctly if they just put a few props in the queue to reflect christmas as it would have been seen by explorers back in the early 20th century, but I am having a difficult time imagining christmas stuff in the actual ride without it seeming ridiculous. The jokes could be good, though.

Comment

Why can't they just leave the rides alone...
                  Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Maybe because most people like the changes/overlays.
                    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Comment

I love it! And to anyone who doesn't - good news: It's temporary!

Wish I could get there to experience it myself. I hope it's a success and makes it's way into the regular rotation of holiday overlays!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                      KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Yeah, not overly excited personally...but for APers and locals this will be welcome i am sure.

Change can be good...even thankfully temporary ones.

This seems a tad silly to me.....which is perhaps the point?

Comment

Sounds pretty fun actually, new corny jokes instead of the old corny jokes haha
                          There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                          -Dr. Strange

Comment

Q. What Christmas Carol is a favorite of parents?

• A. Silent Night. Ain't it the truth?

Q. What does Santa call reindeer that don't work?

A. Dinner.

Q: What do you call Frosty the Snowman in May?

A: A puddle!
                            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Oooh! I love puns and silly jokes. I just can't think up any good ones. I'll have to look for some good Christmas jokes online. I bet there are good puns with things like mistletoe and antlers and chimneys and things. Those skippers are certainly clever. They will think of loads of them that I never could think up.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X