This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barbaraann's Short but Sweet Halloween Trip Report

The Mark Twain was not running that day, but the Columbia was. I didn't board either vessel. In fact, I ran across a sign for a third water vessel. Yes, you guessed it right, if you said Canoes. Frankly, I' have yet to ride a canoe at Disney. I don't want to be that close to the water. Makes me nervous, and I can't swim.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

It was back to the New Orleans Train Station, where I rode the train to Main Street.

My next stop was DCA. I wanted to see WOC that night, so I needed to obtain my fastpass.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

OOOOOH! This trip report was super awesome. I really loved the Adventureland sign photo. I have been looking for a really good photo of this, and this is the first one I have ever seen that I really liked. I think it's gorgeous. GREAT JOB BARBARANN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
          :yea: Trip report!!! And not only a trip report... but a Barbaraann trip report!!!!
          Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
          wonderful keep them coming
          Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
          Great trip report, Barbaraann! Always enjoy "sharing" your trips. Thanks.
          Originally posted by kirstenh View Post
          Yay!! Trip Report! Makes me want to go to Disneyland during Halloween that much more....
          Originally posted by Princess Victoria View Post
          Wonderful, Barbaraann. I enjoy the commentary that accompanies your photos.
          Originally posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
          OOOOOH! This trip report was super awesome. I really loved the Adventureland sign photo. I have been looking for a really good photo of this, and this is the first one I have ever seen that I really liked. I think it's gorgeous. GREAT JOB BARBARANN!!!!
          MiceChatters. A great reason to do a trip report.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

The Newsboys put on a great show. I love watching them. I might have been headed to the WOC Fastpass machines, but I had to stop and watch this talented bunch sing and dance.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Wow looks like s stupendous time Barbara Ann!!

Facebook me!
              Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

I love your trip reports!! They always make me feel like im there!! Thank you for taking the time to do them!

Comment

After I enjoyed the Newsboys Show, I walked down the path near Soarin, and I caught the show with the Fly Girls. Minnie and her Fly Girls is really cute entertainment. I understand the show is nearing it's end, and I will miss it.

The WOC fastpass machines are located just past Grizzly River Rapids, so I snapped a quick picture of that. I am too chicken to ride that ride, but I do like watching other people enjoying the drop at the end.

I did not want to miss getting my picture taken with Walt and Mickey. I love the new statue in DCA, and the Photopass Photographers stationed there, always take good pictures.

I did not ride the Trolley this trip, but I snapped a few photos as it went by near Carthay Circle.

I headed back over to Disneyland, where I was planning to stay until 6 p.m. That was the official closing time for the park on this particular day. As I crossed the Esplanade, I took a picture of the Compass, which is one of my favorite Esplanade features.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Minnie looks really cute in her "Pumpkin Attire". I did not tire of taking lots of pictures of the pumpkins above the main entrance to the park.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Upon reentering Town Square in the early afternoon, I browsed in the Disney Gallery. I believe that's the correct name. I photographed some of my favorite artwork. I also looked at the prints for sale, but they were way over this girl's budget.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

The Marketplace has now become a Starbucks, and I did go inside to check it out. I am not a coffee drinker at all. I suppose I could have tried their tea. I noticed signage for both beverages, and snapped these photos.

It was just past noon, and I did want to get to Bigh Thunder Ranch, so I could catch a "Billie Show". I hurried along my way, and snapped a few pictures along the way.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

The Billies Show was a lot of fun as usual. They are very talented, and they always make me laugh.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

I promised myself that I would return and spend more time here looking at the Pumpkin Carvings. Pumpkin carving is an art, and there was a lot to check out at a later time.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

After the Billie's Show, I headed back to Fantasyland where it was now just past one o'clock. I have finally figured out the best way to navigate the park back to Big Thunder Ranch. I always took the Long Way around before, and I now enter from Fantasyland instead.

I paused for a brief time to listen to the music that this group was playing behind the castle.

After this, I headed over to the new Princess area, where I stood in the back for the final few minutes of the Tangled Show. I think the new area is very nice.

When the Rapunzel performance was over, I rode the Horse drawn Streetcar down Main Street. Sitting in the front row provides a rather "Up Close and Personal View of the Back End of a Horse". There were quite a lot of Main Street Vehicles operating on this day, and I was glad for that. I really enjoy that experience a lot. Although because of the shortness of my trip, I just rode the double decker bus, and the Horse Drawn Streetcar. I did not get a chance to ride the firetruck or the car.

After arriving in Town Square, I was looking for the Dapper Dans, but they were not singing on this particular afternoon. So I used the time to get my picture in front of the Huge Mickey Pumpkin in Town Square.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

I headed to Plaza Inn, for a late lunch. I had the pot roast. I took my time eating the huge portion of food. There's enough pot roast on that plate for two people. I always feel bad not cleaning my plate, and eating every last morsel.

Special Halloween Party Decorations were starting to pop up around the park.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 10-23-2013, 06:33 PM.
                                BarbaraAnn

Comment

I always watch the Parade in Town Square. This day was no different. I will let the pictures speak for themselves. I really like the Soundsational Parade. I have seen it many times now.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Now that the Parade was over, I spent the last hour in the park, on that day, just enjoying the Halloween Atmosphere, and taking some Halloween themed photos. I also wanted to get some pics of the Mickey Floral, if I could. A cast member helped me out with that one.

...and this last one. I don't remember if this is Disneyland picture, or if I took it in DCA<

Coming up next are pictures of my Night in DCA. I had a great few hours there. Especially since I viewed WOC for the first time in a while.
                                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

I figured if I wanted to see WOC, I should do it on the first night of my trip. I had a ticket for the Yellow section. I entered DCA at 6 p.m., but the Fastpass said that I should arrive between 7:30 p.m., and 8:30 p.m., for the 8:30 show. I love the parks at night, and even better is that my newer camera takes much better night pictures than the old one did. Now, if I could just figure out how to take pictures, with no flash indoors on a moving vehicle. Nearly impossible.

I walked through the Carsland area. It is especially fun to do that at night with all the neon lights. Lightning McQueen had a long line for pictures, so I did not stop there this trip. Actually, I did not ride any rides on this particular evening. Even the Little Mermaid line was long. Longer than I have ever seen.

Paradise Pier looks amazing at night, and I never get tired of taking pictures in that area of the park.

I actually got in line for Little Mermaid, but I soon got off when I discovered just how long a line there really was. I decided to walk around Paradise Pier instead, and enjoy the scenery. It was a beautiful night, weather wise. Not cold at all.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

I have never been brave enough to get on Jumpin Jellyfish, but it sure is a pretty ride, especially at night.

I first chose this spot to watch WOC, but then later on, I changed to a much better one, more near the center, and behind the wet zone.

I snapped a few pictures in the early part of the show, and then I put the camera away until the very end. I really enjoyed the show, much better this time, because I was closer.

I find it very annoying when people put their children on top of their shoulders, thus spoiling the view for those behind them.

I love the end, when they play the World Color theme song. Brings back good memories of the World of Color television show that I watched a lot.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

The first day of my trip was now over, and as I exited DCA, I took a few random pictures.

I boarded my bus for my hotel, and when I got off at Harbor Blvd and Orangewood, the fireworks were going off at the park. I tried to get a few shots, but the fireworks are too far away.

I had a great first day.

Stayed tuned for day two of my three day trip.
                                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Working...
                                          X