This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Tomorrowland Renovation

Originally it was reported that announcements would be this month. That didn't happen. So what's the current state of this rumor? Are plans being consider on an alternative tomorrowland idea? Are announcements near? Does anyone have any information to report?

Re: Tomorrowland Renovation

Star Tours.........stays the same.

Buzz Lightyear...........Zurg replaced with Boba Fet.

Astro Orbiter............Rockets replaced with Tie Fighters and X wings.

Starcade.................Princess Lei meet-and-greet.

Space Mountain........Death Star Escape.....Cm's dress up like Storm Troopers; Rockets are escape pods.

Innoventions............Rebel Base Hoth (walk-thru)

Peoplemover............Speeder Bikes

Autopia...................Land Speeders

Submarine Voyage.....Finding Jar Jar

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Strange how cool most of those ideas actually sound!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I heard they are going to expand the DVC booth, add some more Outdoor Vending Carts and replace Captain EO with a dancing Ewok show.

Comment

Heard that Innoventions was becoming a princess meet and beat!
          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckyDelite View Post
            I heard they are going to expand the DVC booth, add some more Outdoor Vending Carts and replace Captain EO with a dancing Ewok show.
            The Horror.AVI - YouTube
            Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

All Ewoks, all the time. They are hiring right now if you know any 8-year olds who can fit in the Ewok costume. The pay isn't that great ($0.35 above minimum wage) and they get beat up all the time by park guests, but there's no homework!
              Disneyland Cast Member
              Outdoor Vending
              1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

I think Space Mountain would work with a Star Wars theme. It really could be an escape pod blasting out of a Star Wars ship, or some kind of a Star Wars transporation ship taking you to another space station or something.

Comment

Originally posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
                  I think Space Mountain would work with a Star Wars theme. It really could be an escape pod blasting out of a Star Wars ship, or some kind of a Star Wars transporation ship taking you to another space station or something.
                  I think Space Mountain is better as a stand alone away from the Star Wars theme.
                  Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
                    I think Space Mountain is better as a stand alone away from the Star Wars theme.
                    I totally agree with you there. I think that redoing Tomorrowland into a Star Wars land is a very bad idea.

Comment

Just keep your fingers crossed they are reconsidering "Star Warzing" Tomorrowland to death ... and do a proper renovation in the future ... that involves a world of Tomorrow that is for us Earthlings .. and not of a past for a humanoid society in a galaxy far, far away!
                      MY SIGNATURE:
                      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

If they put back the 67 version I would be ecstatic and it would be a million times better than it is now but thats not going to happen!

Failing that:

put back some kind of people mover
                        move the rockets or orbitron back up high where it used to be
                        replace autopia cars with electric ones that can self drive if you choose and redo whole area as a scaled futuristic town that is all really solar powered that you drive thru
                        put in some kind of futuristic audio animatronic showride in the carousel
                        put back in some kind of travel in to space ride
                        scrap buzz and put anything else in there.....
                        put in a VR gallery where you can revisit lost attractions like Adventure thru Innerspace via high res Virtual REality

no more star wars stuff save that for a 3rd gate here somewhere, (possibly gut toontown for a star wars area or better yet gut all of DCA and make it star wars world.)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

sigpic

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
                        — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                          Just keep your fingers crossed they are reconsidering "Star Warzing" Tomorrowland to death ... and do a proper renovation in the future ... that involves a world of Tomorrow that is for us Earthlings .. and not of a past for a humanoid society in a galaxy far, far away!
                          As it turns out, there may not be much difference (as Earthlings are concerned) between the Death Star and Monsanto's House of the Future. The latter turned out to be too expensive for Earthling families. And, the Death Star would require the wealth of the entire planet to build, many times over.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                            Heard that Innoventions was becoming a princess meet and beat!
                            Only if you get to role play Anakin Skywalker and Amadala. *dun dun ching*
                            This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Comment

Originally posted by DL714 View Post
                              As it turns out, there may not be much difference (as Earthlings are concerned) between the Death Star and Monsanto's House of the Future. The latter turned out to be too expensive for Earthling families. And, the Death Star would require the wealth of the entire planet to build, many times over.
                              Also, much like the Death Star, you can destroy the House of the Future by aiming a photon torpedo into a small exhaust port.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X