Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to Disneyland for first time by myself. What rides have single rider?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Going to Disneyland for first time by myself. What rides have single rider?

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting here. I just found the site, and have to say it is pretty great! I live in San Diego and am going to head up to the park this coming Wed by myself for the first time. I want to do ghost galaxy and my usual group (husband, and two friends) cant get out of work. Hopefully I wont feel like a total creeper.

What rides have single rider access? From others experience, will I feel totally out of place going alone? Thanks for any advice and input!
    David.

BTW title should read going by myself for first time. Not my first time there by any means. I go multiple time a year.
    Last edited by tigtat77; 10-27-2013, 07:56 AM.

Re: Going to Disneyland for first time by myself. What rides have single rider?

The list on Wikipedia is accurate:
    • Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    • Matterhorn Bobsleds
    • Splash Mountain
    • California Screamin'
    • Soarin' Over California
    • Grizzly River Run
    • Goofy's Sky School
    • Radiator Springs Racers

And you can still visit any other attraction by yourself, there just isn't a designated single rider line. Whether it'll be comfortable or not just depends on your own behavior and your own perceptions. From what I can tell, most people who are willing to visit the parks alone end up having a good time.

Comment

You may never want to go with other people again. ;-)

And no, you will not feel out of place. You will fill blissfully free to explore whatever and whenever you want. It will seem like "magic."

On those attractions where you don't see an obvious single-rider line go up to the CM at the greeting position with your index finger held up and say "single rider?" And smile. For most rides they'll give you a ticket that says "Single Rider" and direct you where to go. On rare occasions they will tell you it's not available due to some reason or other, but on a Wednesday I can't imagine that would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
        You may never want to go with other people again. ;-)

And no, you will not feel out of place. You will fill blissfully free to explore whatever and whenever you want. It will seem like "magic."

On those attractions where you don't see an obvious single-rider line go up to the CM at the greeting position with your index finger held up and say "single rider?" And smile. For most rides they'll give you a ticket that says "Single Rider" and direct you where to go. On rare occasions they will tell you it's not available due to some reason or other, but on a Wednesday I can't imagine that would happen.
        Thanks. Yea, I plan on doing the rides I usually would not due with my usual group, because they don't like them. I think I will be fine once I get there and get over this notion that I will feel totally out of place. In all my years of going I have never been into the Golden Horseshoe for lunch or the show. I might just have to do that.

Comment

I go there by myself all the time and I have no problem. You should be fine.

Comment

I would love the opportunity to visit the park alone sometime. We always compromise our day to accommodate our family members - which is totally wonderful - but I would love to explore and sit and do whatever I felt like. Enjoy your day!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X