Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Other] Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

    I was just at the Disneyland Resort this past week and on our last day their (Friday) I was making a purchase of 2 items at the World Of Disney store and used my Premier annual pass to get a discount on what I was purchasing. As soon as the cashier guy gave me my total, I turned to my wife to get the cash (since she was holding our money in her purse) then attempted to hand it over to the cashier guy and the cashier guy tells me that he cannot accept my cash and that I have to be the one paying with my own money. He said that it was a new policy to deter annual passholders from buying things for others who don't have an annual pass and getting the discounts. I was kinda of confused at first, as this guy was determined not to take the cash my wife had just handed to me from her purse. Thankfully, I did have a credit card that I had used to book our room with, so I used that. But just to warn everyone, in case it hasn't been mentioned here yet, so you don't get stuck not being able to buy something if YOU don't pull out the cash or credit/debit card from your own wallet/purse.

  • #2
    Re: Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

    Originally posted by DZLAND View Post
    I was just at the Disneyland Resort this past week and on our last day their (Friday) I was making a purchase of 2 items at the World Of Disney store and used my Premier annual pass to get a discount on what I was purchasing. As soon as the cashier guy gave me my total, I turned to my wife to get the cash (since she was holding our money in her purse) then attempted to hand it over to the cashier guy and the cashier guy tells me that he cannot accept my cash and that I have to be the one paying with my own money. He said that it was a new policy to deter annual passholders from buying things for others who don't have an annual pass and getting the discounts. I was kinda of confused at first, as this guy was determined not to take the cash my wife had just handed to me from her purse. Thankfully, I did have a credit card that I had used to book our room with, so I used that. But just to warn everyone, in case it hasn't been mentioned here yet, so you don't get stuck not being able to buy something if YOU don't pull out the cash or credit/debit card from your own wallet/purse.
    Wow, that would have saved me money. At that point I would have told them where they could put whatever I WAS going to buy.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

      Thank you for sharing. This sounds for the most part like a good thing.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

        Caught me off guard as I had a few dollars in my wallet (not enough to cover the purchase) but my wife had the majority of our money with her. I know other annual passholders buy gifts for friends or relatives while at the parks so pretty soon they will probably start asking you about everything your buying ("Is this for you or someone else.....Is this for you or someone else......).

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

          Originally posted by Mackster View Post
          Wow, that would have saved me money. At that point I would have told them where they could put whatever I WAS going to buy.
          Yeah, we were on our way out to our vehicle and in a hurry otherwise I might of asked to speak to a manager about this or just left the stuff and went to another area to buy it. First time I've heard of Disney not wanting to take your money!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

            Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
            Thank you for sharing. This sounds for the most part like a good thing.
            It's got flaws. When I go out, I don't carry money - I just don't. My SO has her wallet and carrying accoutrements, she does. Frequently I'll be the person interacting with the register jockey because I'm the person with the available armspace to carry larger items. I'm also deeply tetchy about things like this - it would have instantly resulted in me dropping the armful of merch on the register and informing them I'm going where they'll accept my purchases.

            I've done it for less.
            Boggard LIEEEEF!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

              That's bizarre. So what, a sale is a sale.. I don't think they are going to lose millions by letting Annual Passholders buy stuff for other people.

              The thing that's going to happen (at least what I'd do) is, I'd NOT buy a thing.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

                I think we've seen this kind of story posted a few times in the past few months. Its an unfortunate side-effect, but I imagine the amount of people actually abusing the system is high enough that they're willing to accept the consequences of situations like this one.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

                  Originally posted by DZLAND View Post
                  Caught me off guard as I had a few dollars in my wallet (not enough to cover the purchase) but my wife had the majority of our money with her. I know other annual passholders buy gifts for friends or relatives while at the parks so pretty soon they will probably start asking you about everything your buying ("Is this for you or someone else.....Is this for you or someone else......).

                  Interesting. Soooo, what if you WERE buying something as a gift for someone else? Like say a male APer wanted to buy a handbag or a female-oriented clothing item for his wife/SO/Mom. I would assume as long as the money/card comes directly from you to the cashier that would be OK, right?
                  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

                    Originally posted by Mackster View Post
                    Wow, that would have saved me money. At that point I would have told them where they could put whatever I WAS going to buy.
                    Yeah... that would have accomplished nothing. I don't understand that mentality that if you're unhappy you insult and/or yell at the one trying to help you. The individual you're dealing with is at the lowest position in the company, they are simply doing what those above them are telling them to do. It's just like people who call customer service or whatever and yell at the individual on the phone. I've worked both sort of jobs when I was younger, and yelling at us or insulting us accomplishes absolutely nothing... Why in the world would we want to help you out after you've just yelled/insulted us..?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

                      Wow.. and i don't mean that in a good way. I will have to check this out for myself.So that means if I have a guest and they don't have a AP if they want a souvenir they cannot get my discount even if they use cash

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

                        I'd like to think that an $_______ sale (<--insert amount after discount) is better than $0.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

                          Originally posted by Jellybelly View Post
                          Wow.. and i don't mean that in a good way. I will have to check this out for myself.So that means if I have a guest and they don't have a AP if they want a souvenir they cannot get my discount even if they use cash
                          When we ate in the parks, I ordered the meals and drinks, showed my annual pass for the discount and got the total, then let my wife take out our money that was in her purse to pay. No one said anything to me at those times. If your gonna implement this then post something around the registers specifically stating that if your purchasing something and use your annual pass to get a discount then you better be pulling the payment out of your own pockets/purse. Don't just surprise customers out of the blue with this situation and say "Oh I cannot take that money because it is not from you".

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

                            Originally posted by moregumboplease View Post
                            I'd like to think that an $_______ sale (<--insert amount after discount) is better than $0.
                            :thumbup:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Annual Passholder Discount Crackdown

                              Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                              Interesting. Soooo, what if you WERE buying something as a gift for someone else? Like say a male APer wanted to buy a handbag or a female-oriented clothing item for his wife/SO/Mom. I would assume as long as the money/card comes directly from you to the cashier that would be OK, right?
                              From what I have seen from other past posts. This is correct and it is common. You must have the money to buy if you are the card holder. I know I read a post where someone had a child with a PAP and he just had a deluxe. Whenever they buy something he has to give the money to his kid to buy it to get the discount. It has to do with people loaning other people passes just for a discount. For example I cant give my pass to my friend to buy something, I have to buy it then give it to him. he can give me the money prior, but I have to have the money before I get to the cashier.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X