Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Greetings!!

    So I have decided to take advantage of the 25% off of Disney Hotels offer and book a room for my boyfriend and I at the Disneyland Hotel. Now, I have never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel itself, however, I have stayed at the other two locations. We will be reserving a concierge resort view room--has one reserved such a room, and, if so, how was it?? Pictures??

    Thanks!!
    xxxAngel

  • #2
    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Originally posted by AAyala View Post
    Greetings!!

    So I have decided to take advantage of the 25% off of Disney Hotels offer and book a room for my boyfriend and I at the Disneyland Hotel. Now, I have never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel itself, however, I have stayed at the other two locations. We will be reserving a concierge resort view room--has one reserved such a room, and, if so, how was it?? Pictures??

    Thanks!!
    The room is about the same as every other room, except you will usually be in the Adventure Tower, floors 9-11.



    Fireworks from the room (tv has the soundtrack)

    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

      Same as above - same as the rest most likely. Are you getting E-Ticket Club in addition?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

        Originally posted by kkocka View Post
        Same as above - same as the rest most likely. Are you getting E-Ticket Club in addition?
        They said they booked concierge, so that comes with the E-Ticket Club.
        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

          The room at concierge level is the same, as others have said (although it might come with nicer toiletries, towels, bedsheets, etc.). It's the access to the concierge lounge that you are paying for. I was lucky enough to stay in a concierge level room at the Grand Californian, and they have some really nice things to offer in their lounge. They have a really good breakfast spread with hot scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, etc. along with the typical cereal, muffins, and the like. They have some pretty good snacks and drinks set out during the day. Mostly it's a nice refuge to get away from the crowds, and it also makes you feel like a VIP.

          Oh, also, the first time you get in the elevator, it probably has a key-card slot that you have to put your room key in to get the elevator to even go to that level.
          Disneyland Cast Member
          Outdoor Vending
          1996 - 1999

          My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

          http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

            Thanks for the replies and photos!

            On more thing, has anyone ordered Disney birthday cakes? Apparently there is a way to but a) I don't know how and b) I haven't seen a price/flavor list.
            xxxAngel

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

              Call the concierge, that's one of the things they are there for. Get your money's worth!!!
              Disneyland Cast Member
              Outdoor Vending
              1996 - 1999

              My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

              http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

                Originally posted by AAyala View Post
                On more thing, has anyone ordered Disney birthday cakes? Apparently there is a way to but a) I don't know how and b) I haven't seen a price/flavor list.
                For info on ordering cakes, call Disney at (714) 300-7526, then choose option 2. Mickey Mouse cakes are $62 for a 10" cake. They also have other cakes that start at $39 for a 6" cake. Ask them for a price list for their cakes and other amenities such as Mickey Mouse cookies, baskets, etc.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

                  Originally posted by Big D View Post
                  Call the concierge, that's one of the things they are there for. Get your money's worth!!!
                  Just verify that you wont get hit with a bigger bill because they did it for you instead of you doing it yourself. Lord knows Disney loves to add automatic gratuities to everything they can.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

                    Originally posted by evergreen View Post
                    For info on ordering cakes, call Disney at (714) 300-7526, then choose option 2. Mickey Mouse cakes are $62 for a 10" cake. They also have other cakes that start at $39 for a 6" cake. Ask them for a price list for their cakes and other amenities such as Mickey Mouse cookies, baskets, etc.
                    Or drive up the road to Fullerton and buy a Costco cake for $14 ; )

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

                      Originally posted by stevek View Post
                      Or drive up the road to Fullerton and buy a Costco cake for $14 ; )
                      Once you have a cake made at the resort (based off my wedding cake, anyway) you will never make that suggestion.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

                        Originally posted by Big D View Post
                        They have a really good breakfast spread with hot scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, etc.
                        How long ago did they have this? They haven;t had this the times I have been there. Generally it is hard boiled eggs, various breads, cereals, fruits, ham and cheeses, etc... I have never seen scrambled eggs and bacon.

                        Oh, also, the first time you get in the elevator, it probably has a key-card slot that you have to put your room key in to get the elevator to even go to that level.
                        This too must have changed as we only needed are key to enter the club, not to get to the floor.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

                          Originally posted by AAyala View Post
                          Thanks for the replies and photos!

                          On more thing, has anyone ordered Disney birthday cakes? Apparently there is a way to but a) I don't know how and b) I haven't seen a price/flavor list.
                          Last edited by Malcon10t; 11-08-2013, 07:31 PM.
                          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

                            Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                            How long ago did they have this? They haven;t had this the times I have been there. Generally it is hard boiled eggs, various breads, cereals, fruits, ham and cheeses, etc... I have never seen scrambled eggs and bacon.

                            This too must have changed as we only needed are key to enter the club, not to get to the floor.
                            It was a few years after it opened, 2003 I think. Things definitely might have changed since then, but considering the prices that the Grand Californian charges I'd be dissapointed if they're cutting back on anything.
                            Disneyland Cast Member
                            Outdoor Vending
                            1996 - 1999

                            My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

                            http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

                              Originally posted by Big D View Post
                              It was a few years after it opened, 2003 I think. Things definitely might have changed since then, but considering the prices that the Grand Californian charges I'd be dissapointed if they're cutting back on anything.
                              When we stayed there last, (June) it was as I listed above. The Concierge rooms are on the 5-6 floors. No key is needed in the elevator to reach the 6th floor with the Craftsman's Lounge. We didn't stay there the first couple years it was open, but I know they haven't had scrambled eggs since at least 2006. The Craftsman Lounge is quite nice. If I take my granddaughter, we might prefer it, as they have storytellers in the lounge. However, we prefer the DLH with her as she enjoys the characters so much.
                              If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X