This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] When to see WOC in December

I will be in the parks on Dec 5, 6, and 7. It will be my DIL's first trip to DLR EVER! She wants to see both fantasmic and WOC. I know that Friday and Saturday are going to be crazy busy days. We will not get to the park until about 11 on Thursday so I am pretty sure that the WOC tickets will be gone by then. If you had to choose which day would be better for WOC. I was thinking that Saturday might be easier just because everyone will be over at DL at the Candlelight Ceremony. Any thoughts or suggestions. We have a lot to do in just three short days. :-(

Re: When to see WOC in December

Since it's a big first trip, you should consider getting one of the dining packages for WOC. We've done the Carthay Circle one a couple of times- the food is outstanding and you will literally not find a better location for WOC- plus, you won't have to worry about getting the fastpass tickets. Just be sure to reserve early- like now-ish.

Comment

Take my advice, go at night!

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
        Take my advice, go at night!
        I will take that advice. I honestly had not that about doing the dining package. But are the seats that great?

Comment

Just letting you know that it is not the original WOC. It is going to be World of Color Winter Dreams those nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Deedlebug View Post
            I will take that advice. I honestly had not that about doing the dining package. But are the seats that great?
            for the most part there are no seats for WOC. you can sit on the floor until about 30 minutes to show time, then everyone has to stand. there is some seating in the reserved handicap area, but you need to get one of those guest accommodation cards or what ever they are called now. and there is VIP seating and I have no idea who you have to know to get those.

there are several dining packages that include tickets for WOC. I think I heard something about the picnic lunch option being deleted or cut back, that was the lowest cost option.

edit: just checked the picnic option is no longer offered.
            Last edited by gary94080; 11-08-2013, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deedlebug View Post
              I've seen it from just about every section, and the reserved dining area is the best, hands down. The downside to the water projection is that if you're not looking at it head-on, you get a fuzzy, blurry "Oh, hey, I think that's Ariel" view. Most sections the view is okay, but honestly, for me, the reserved area makes the show easily 10X better. The visuals are much more clear and you can see things that span the entire width of the water that you can barely make out from the sides.You can see EVERYTHING.

If you do go for it, the best spot we've found in the section is ABOVE the big round main section, leaning up against the fence that separates the upper viewing section from the rounded area and the wet section. The higher vantage point gives you a better view of the whole area.

You'll also want to be as close to the center of the projection area as possible- easy way to figure out where the center is- count the tall trapezoid-things at the back of the fountain grid (you'll know them when you see them) and place yourself in front of the middle one (I think there are five or six)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X