This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Blackbeard POTC 2013

Possible update. Not sure if it's true or not, but I don't think Blackbeard is in the Disneyland ride anymore. As was said before, both Davy Jones and Blackbeard inhabited the ride's "waterfall effect" back in 2011. Now I see someone posting that only Davy Jones is in the ride nowadays. Now hypothetically speaking, should this be true, that means Blackbeard now only appears at Disney World while Davy Jones appears everywhere else.
    Again, I have no idea how accurate it is, as I don't have real (or official) evidence...it was a random post. :shy:

Also, should this be true, can anyone provide Mr. Beard's dialogue from the ride? If not, perhaps someone who goes to Disney World in Orlando regularly can provide some. Prefer to have a video or some sort of audio, but any help would be great! I mainly need in this page, for archiving puposes. Did the same thing with Davy Jones, but that was after over-examining the POTC audio videos found on YouTube.

ETA:
    Ok, just checked to see if I could spot any video evidence on YouTube. There was...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1g9vDt_I3E (around the 7:40 mark)

So I guess if you wanna see Blackbeard on the ride, you needs to go to the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. Otherwise, Disneyland parks at California and Tokyo have Davy Jones.
    Last edited by CJSFan; 11-10-2013, 11:57 PM.

Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
    My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Re: Blackbeard POTC 2013

Good Riddance imho.

Comment

Davy Jones was the better of the two. This is positive.
      Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

I thought the addition of Blackbeard was a bit silly. I think it was done mainly as a promotional thing for POTC: On Stranger Tides and it stuck around a bit too long. He was in there when I last rode in May, but it alternated between Blackbeard and Davy Jones.

But to help with your question, the dialogue I remember from Blackbeard is:

"If ye be brave, or fool enough, to face a pirate's curse... proceed."

"Aye, tales be aplenty in this cursed place."

"Take ye, your wretched curse. Your fate is sealed."

"You never tell what dangers lie on stranger tides. Mark my words, we will meet again."
        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I can confirm the last two time I rode it, last week, and the week before he was not on it. I also noticed he was missing but just thought it was a glitch or something, but after riding twice he's not there anymore.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Comment

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
            I thought the addition of Blackbeard was a bit silly. I think it was done mainly as a promotional thing for POTC: On Stranger Tides and it stuck around a bit too long. He was in there when I last rode in May, but it alternated between Blackbeard and Davy Jones.
            Truthfully, the whole thing would be silly, as I recall they started adding the movie characters when the second movie came out. Still, I'm one not to mind these things, so to each his or her own. Just as long as they keep the majority of the audio and scenery, I'm good.

And thanks for the quotes you could provide. There's bound to be more(looking at how much Davy Jones has said), but now we're much closer.

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
              Good Riddance imho.
              I agree

Comment

Maybe they'll remove Davy Jones next, and then Jack Sparrow after that!

Comment

Considering Davy Jones is much more supernatural than Blackbeard will ever be, I'm glad he's gone. Voodoo and controlling ships using a sword isn't enough to convince me that he can project himself in that way. Plus a floating human head looks ridiculous.

And maybe I'm biased since I'm a fan of Bill Nighy!

Comment

Last time we rode it, Blackbeard was most definitely missing from the misting scene, however, he still has dialogue at the end of the ride on the way up the ramp. They need to remove that too, as I find it silly.
                    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
                    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
                    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
                    Neverland since 1996.
                    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Comment

Originally posted by WildeNight View Post
                      Last time we rode it, Blackbeard was most definitely missing from the misting scene, however, he still has dialogue at the end of the ride on the way up the ramp. They need to remove that too, as I find it silly.
                      Really? Most intriguing...and quite silly, indeed.

And if I may ask, do you recall the dialogue at the end. The stuff he says at the waterfall is obviously noticeable, as it's pretty much on par with Davy Jones save for one or two pieces. Just don't know the last bits, whereas Davy Jones' is heard all over YouTube.
                      Reasons for need is stated as per my original intro post.

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

One less movie change. This is a positive reversal, although it's not too major.

Comment

I don't have great memory recall on the specific line for Blackbeard. It's along the lines of "Now you can tell everyone you've sailed with Blackbeard!" And I always think, well, whoopie do. LOL.
                          Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
                          Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
                          Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
                          Neverland since 1996.
                          ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Comment

I'm glad he's gone. He was truly uninspired let alone brought any real entertainment (both movie character and ride add on)
                            Des douze coups de minuit aux matines sonnantes,
                            Nous valserons ensemble, macabre débutante.

Comment

Originally posted by WildeNight View Post
                              I found it preferable to Davy Jones's self-promotional, Isn't me repeating my name several times, scary? rant that his Up-ramp dialogue was. The whole self-referentiality thing that came with the film characters in 2006 bothers me far more than had they just dropped a few Jack Cameos and called it a day. They don't even try to hide that they see the ride as a marketing vehicle for the movie. There's nothing subtle or seamless about it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X