Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

More Water Rides at DCA

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] More Water Rides at DCA

    Maybe it is just me, but DCA needs more water type rides. They already have the "get you wet" type ride, with the Grizzly rafts, but that is it. They have a big lake, but that is only used for water shows. My biggest suggestion, which I am sure has been mentioned before, is adding "real" water to the Little Mermaid ride (the feeling your shell is "floating" on water would be awesome!). I still think they need to add a "slow" boat type ride as well, possibly in a Bug's Land area (what does a bug see while floating down the river on a leaf?). Would be cool to add some kind of water effect at the beginning of Screamin. They should also add some type of flying/water ride where you are sailing in the air over Grizzly Peak & come flying down like you are going to splash in to the water near Paradise Pier. Just some of my opinions. So what do you think, does DCA need more water type rides or should we leave them all to Disneyland?

  • #2
    Re: More Water Rides at DCA

    They kinda had a water effect for Screamin' - there were (are)? wave generators back by the coaster launch, and they would create waves for the lagoon.

    I'd be down for more water rides. If they MUST go thrill, Disney could do a really good water coaster - imagine Atlantis from SeaWorld done with full theme and likely more show scenes.
    Boggard LIEEEEF!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: More Water Rides at DCA

      Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
      They kinda had a water effect for Screamin' - there were (are)? wave generators back by the coaster launch, and they would create waves for the lagoon.

      I'd be down for more water rides. If they MUST go thrill, Disney could do a really good water coaster - imagine Atlantis from SeaWorld done with full theme and likely more show scenes.
      +1

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: More Water Rides at DCA

        OP, now would be the time for full disclosure if you work for the Metropolitan Water District

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: More Water Rides at DCA

          Originally posted by sean317 View Post
          Maybe it is just me, but DCA needs more water type rides. They already have the "get you wet" type ride, with the Grizzly rafts, but that is it.
          Grizzly River Run is such a generic raft ride, it feels like any other raft ride at any old amusement park. In fact, the raft ride at Great America here in the Bay Area is better than Grizzly. At the very least, it should have more theming unique to Disney. It's been talked about before here on another MiceChat thread, and I too feel the ride is lacking; it feels cheap and has no tie in to anything Disney. The addition of any forest Disney characters along the way as you go along on the ride would be nice, or even just non-character animatronic animals would be good.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: More Water Rides at DCA

            I really like GRR. I still wish Pooh would have been the mini raft ride like the early concept art shows. They could totally use the early pooh ride idea for a bugs land and have you floating in bottle caps or something through a show building

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: More Water Rides at DCA

              I think GRR is enough water for me when it comes to DCA.
              Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.











              Comment


              • #8
                Re: More Water Rides at DCA

                I think the enormous lake is a waste of space. A smaller lake with more land available for rides would have been the best scenario IMO but adding an attraction to the existing water area could be great as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: More Water Rides at DCA

                  Overnight was thinking on this one, and for some reason a Journey to Atlantis water coaster just sticks. Lenghty detailed show sequences involving an enclosed set building built around track and multiple verticle lift points leading to the inevitable "something goes wrong" into the coaster parts... it could take a tech unused in any Disney park and give it a serious run.
                  Boggard LIEEEEF!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: More Water Rides at DCA

                    Originally posted by sean317 View Post
                    Maybe it is just me, but DCA needs more water type rides. They already have the "get you wet" type ride, with the Grizzly rafts, but that is it. They have a big lake, but that is only used for water shows. My biggest suggestion, which I am sure has been mentioned before, is adding "real" water to the Little Mermaid ride (the feeling your shell is "floating" on water would be awesome!). I still think they need to add a "slow" boat type ride as well, possibly in a Bug's Land area (what does a bug see while floating down the river on a leaf?). Would be cool to add some kind of water effect at the beginning of Screamin. They should also add some type of flying/water ride where you are sailing in the air over Grizzly Peak & come flying down like you are going to splash in to the water near Paradise Pier. Just some of my opinions. So what do you think, does DCA need more water type rides or should we leave them all to Disneyland?

                    They should bring back the S.S. Rustworthy:mob:
                    "Raiders Suck"
                    -Walt Disney

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: More Water Rides at DCA

                      Have you ever noticed that every land in DL has a water ride except that afterthought toontown? Almost every land has a mountain too.

                      Water and mountains for all is the way to go!
                      Be Cool Stay in School!
                      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: More Water Rides at DCA

                        Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                        Have you ever noticed that every land in DL has a water ride except that afterthought toontown? Almost every land has a mountain too.

                        Water and mountains for all is the way to go!
                        Great observation! Never thought about that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: More Water Rides at DCA

                          Originally posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
                          Grizzly River Run is such a generic raft ride, it feels like any other raft ride at any old amusement park. In fact, the raft ride at Great America here in the Bay Area is better than Grizzly. At the very least, it should have more theming unique to Disney. It's been talked about before here on another MiceChat thread, and I too feel the ride is lacking; it feels cheap and has no tie in to anything Disney. The addition of any forest Disney characters along the way as you go along on the ride would be nice, or even just non-character animatronic animals would be good.
                          I remember my reaction after the first ride: "Wait, no Grizzlies? Are we at Disney?"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: More Water Rides at DCA

                            Originally posted by ScottG View Post
                            I think the enormous lake is a waste of space. A smaller lake with more land available for rides would have been the best scenario IMO but adding an attraction to the existing water area could be great as well.
                            The WORLD OF COLOR platforms take up almost the entire footprint of the lake.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: More Water Rides at DCA

                              .
                              Last edited by CaliforniaAdventurer; 11-12-2013, 05:16 PM.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X