Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Indy Question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question that's been bugging me for a while after riding Indy for the first time (and many many more after that): How does the entire giant boulder scene at the end work? I've heard different explanations, and none of them really match up with what happens while you're on the ride (or I might not be understanding it that well). I just think that entire scene in the ride is truly breathtaking and my favorite part in the entire ride

Comment

Originally posted by darkincite
      I have a question that's been bugging me for a while after riding Indy for the first time (and many many more after that): How does the entire giant boulder scene at the end work? I've heard different explanations, and none of them really match up with what happens while you're on the ride (or I might not be understanding it that well). I just think that entire scene in the ride is truly breathtaking and my favorite part in the entire ride

There was a Thread yesterday called "How does that work" and the answer was in there...
      Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

Comment

I happened to be on Indy once when it broke down and they walked us out right by the boulder. The boulder spins in place and I was told that the walls move back.
        o A mouse a day, keeps the blues away. o

Comment

MellyMouse, thanks for the information on where to find the answer, I can't believe I overlooked that!

Comment

We were lucky enough to go to the Indy event where we rode with the lights on (lots of closets along the track) that was great!!!! As far as the wheel it never spun from before day one and it does nothing for the attraction, there is a random program for each transport. It used to me like 1000 of diffrent programs (of course some were just bumps in diffrent spots) from what I have heard it is more now.

As far as the Doors go,
            Spoiler
            the wall moves with the doors and the side walls. They have lines painted on the floor to look like track so no matter which door you go through it looks like the other doors have tracks. There is only one track you take, when you see the car in front of you go through one the room shifts so the facade of what ever door you are about to go through is infront of the same room w/diffrent lighting. There are only 3 doors so the wall does not have to move that much.

As far as the rolling ball,
            Spoiler
            you sit in one place and the transport moves in place to feel like your moving. The actual walls slid away from you at first to feel like you are backing up. Then move toward you so it seems like the ball is coming at you. If you sit in the back row just look off to the side on the floor.

J :monkey:
            Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

Originally posted by darkincite
              MellyMouse, thanks for the information on where to find the answer, I can't believe I overlooked that!
              I would have done like Jerm did and re-posted it in here but I didnt know how to do the spoiler bar. That spoiler bar is pretty cool!
              Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

Comment

Great explanation of Indy!
                sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

the Indiana Jones Ride is so cool.
                  There needs to be an Indy type ride at DCA...
                  "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

one more thing

just to add one more thing about the tracks at the beginning of Indy, if you look on the ground when you first head into the room with the 3 doors you can see a real track going straight, towards the mirrors, but the vehicle turns right into the room with the doors.

The track that goes straight heads back into the vehicle maintenence room which is right behind those doors, which is why once you head into the room with Mara in it you are going up a floor, because underneath you is backstage maintence.
                    Infinity and Beyond:
                    The technology of today is changing the media of tomorrow.
                    http://www.infinityandbeyond.tabert.com/

Comment

The doors never move,the real secret to the shifting doors is that there are 5 total,you only see 3 at a time.You always pass through door one consider the below examples with X being doors hidden by moving walls. The dot at bottom shows the "path" you take

X X 1 2 3
                      ___*___
                      X 1 2 3 X
                      ___*___
                      1 2 3 X X
                      ___*___
                      as you can see in each example the dot is in the same position but the number changes, the moving walls change what you see and are aided by changing colored lights over each door but, by changing colors over the doors the illusion makes you see the three doors. If you doubt what I say look where the "tracks" come back to a central point and you will see 5 "tracks" converging but your path is always up the central one
                      REMOVE TAG BEFORE FLIGHT

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X