Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

EV charging station?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] EV charging station?

    Hi guys. I have a hybrid plug in car and I'm heading to the resort on Saturday. Does any one know if Mickey and Friends or the Toy Story lot have charging stations? And if they do, are they free or do you have to pay? Do you have to bring your own cord? Thanks for any help!

  • #2
    Re: EV charging station?

    According to Disney, unfortunately, "There are currently no EV charging ports in the parking lots."
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: EV charging station?

      Originally posted by ratoncitaloca View Post
      Hi guys. I have a hybrid plug in car and I'm heading to the resort on Saturday. Does any one know if Mickey and Friends or the Toy Story lot have charging stations? And if they do, are they free or do you have to pay? Do you have to bring your own cord? Thanks for any help!
      Why would you want one with a plug-in hybrid? What a pain it would be to go back to the garage to unplug it when your charge is complete to free up the spot for someone else. I hope you are not suggesting you'd just leave it there after the charge completes. That's a big no-no for vehicle charging etiquette.

      (Full disclosure, I have two fully electric cars... no gas at all for me.)

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: EV charging station?

        Originally posted by HeavyAaron View Post
        Why would you want one with a plug-in hybrid? What a pain it would be to go back to the garage to unplug it when your charge is complete to free up the spot for someone else. I hope you are not suggesting you'd just leave it there after the charge completes. That's a big no-no for vehicle charging etiquette.

        (Full disclosure, I have two fully electric cars... no gas at all for me.)
        What IS the etiquette? I never really thought about this. There is a Tesla dealer in a shopping mall near me. They have a four car parking lot (in a parking structure) where they have chargers. I suppose the car tells you how long a charge will take and you plan accordingly. But what happens if you can't get back in time? Is it "okay" for another car owner to unplug from your car and use it themselves?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: EV charging station?

          I know with some of the newer hybrids they just need an adapter to plug into a regular wall socket which the M&F structured is lined with them on the inner walls. I don't know how well that it charge though.
          Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
          http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: EV charging station?

            Originally posted by Mojave View Post
            What IS the etiquette? I never really thought about this. There is a Tesla dealer in a shopping mall near me. They have a four car parking lot (in a parking structure) where they have chargers. I suppose the car tells you how long a charge will take and you plan accordingly. But what happens if you can't get back in time? Is it "okay" for another car owner to unplug from your car and use it themselves?
            Most electric cars have a charge indicator. If an electric car indicates a full charge, then unplugging is fine. Most of the electric cars will notify the owner via e-mail and/or text message when the charge is complete, so that you know when to move the car. But you usually have a pretty good idea how long it will take when plugging in in the first place anyway.

            Another good thing for EV owners to do is to place contact information in the windshield, indicating expected charge completion time, and a way to reach them should they need the charger.

            There are plenty of etiquette guides online a short google away for more information.

            As for your specific example of the Tesla charge points in the mall, do keep in mind that those are *private*, not public charge points. They are owned, operated, and paid for by Tesla. Those would have different rules, of course. For private charge points, obviously ask before plugging in! Though private charge point owners do tend to be a sharing bunch. (The actual costs of charging a car are very modest.)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: EV charging station?

              I have seen a car plugged-in in the Chip & Dale section of the garage along the North wall right next to the motorcycle parking.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: EV charging station?

                I saw about five Fiats plugged in at Mickey and Friends. They were on the top level on the up-ramp side. They were all plugged into a standard wall socket. There was one in each section. I'm not sure how they did it, but it was definitely going on.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: EV charging station?

                  Thanks! My car does plug in to a normal outlet. I don't want to be sneaky and just plug in, I was just hoping there was a way to do it that is endorsed by Disney.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: EV charging station?

                    Folks might want to add a comment to this blog post about Disney's environmental practices at Disneyland:
                    VIDEO: Disney’s Environmentality at the Disneyland Resort « Disney Parks Blog

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: EV charging station?

                      I do not have an EV so I'm totally clueless, but do some businesses not appreciate people plugging their cars into their outlets? Isn't that kind of like siphoning electricity?

                      Not trying to troll or anything! I am totally ignorant on how much electricity it uses, the "etiquette" of it all, etc.


                      Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                      KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X