• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Disney Dollars

Some cool new Disney Dollars designs coming soon to DLR:

New Disney Dollars!
    --Jonathan

Re: New Disney Dollars

I just found a couple of old Disney Dollars from when Toontown opened. They were tucked into a copy of E Ticket, and are in great shape. I want to find a way to mount them into a small frame.

Comment

I only have one Disney dollar that I got when I was four or five, it's from Toontown and it's really cool.

Comment

I just hope they don't go back to giving you change in Disney Dollars!

Comment

those are so cute!! are they dollar for dollar? I would like to buy one for my scrap books!

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla
            those are so cute!! are they dollar for dollar? I would like to buy one for my scrap books!
            Yup, available at any of the listed locations for the cost of the exact denomination. Also what's good is that you can use a credit card (get mileage/points for reward programs). I usually stop by Emporium and pick up $40 Disney Dollars with my Visa for "incidentals"; small purchases at ODV carts (that don't take credit cards) when at DLR. It beats the ATM and for any transaction change is made in cash.
            Last edited by DOOM BGI; 01-29-2006, 03:48 PM.
            --Jonathan

Comment

WOW! That was quick! I normally do not follow the Disney Dollars but do they usually change up the design ths often?? The ones out now came out about the time the 50th started correct?

Comment

I've got one from my 2nd trip to Disneyland in 1988. It says it's series 1987A, it has Mickey on the front and Sleeping Beauty's castle on the back. It's in near mint condition.

Is there a website with photos of Disney bucks? I was wondering how they evolved throughout the years.

When did they start printing Disney Dollars?

Comment

I remember my parents getting Disney Dollars when I was a lot younger, I didn't understand the concept though, I remember saying something like "Why would exchange real money for money you can't use outside Disneyland?" They said something about enhancing the experience or something like that, but I still didn't understand them, still don't actually lol.

Comment

Mickey should be on the $1 bill.

Comment

I just got two of the $10s on Sat. night. I wanted a $1 but they didn't have any. I figured it was because they were out of them not because they hadn't come out yet. The $1 that he gave me was just a normal one and he was out of the $10s so he had to go in the back to get them and they were the 50th ones. They are very cute. They are for my parents to give to two of their grandchildren for their birthday (one happens to be my son), so I may trade him for a regular $10 bill before he uses it.

Comment

Originally posted by PinBrian
                        I just found a couple of old Disney Dollars from when Toontown opened. They were tucked into a copy of E Ticket, and are in great shape. I want to find a way to mount them into a small frame.
                        I think I still have some Geoffrey Dollars from Toys R Us! (they were replaced by gift cards several years ago) Compared to Disney Dollars they suck! They were just cheap paper; Disney Dollars actually feel like real currency, and the designs by Disney are very intricate. I'm glad they still make Disney Dollars; I don't mind the new DLR "gift cards" as long as they keep Disney Dollars!
                        --Jonathan

Comment

Thanks for info
                          :crazylegs

Comment

Originally posted by ManaByte
                            Mickey should be on the $1 bill.
                            He used to be.

Originally posted by Barbossa
                            I've got one from my 2nd trip to Disneyland in 1988. It says it's series 1987A, it has Mickey on the front and Sleeping Beauty's castle on the back. It's in near mint condition.
                            Ah, I have this from 1990, as well as two Goofy fivers (Cindy's Castle and Spaceship Earth on the back) and and Minnie $10 that's stamepd with the 35th Anniversary logo (Disneyland collage on the back)

Comment

Just recently I found a whole bunch of Disney Dollars from 1998. I didn't even know I had those.
                              We've been...dying...to have you.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X