Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

    When was the last time they couldn't provide a date 3-4 months in advance? How could it be so vague STILL?

    I'm ready to book mid Feb and am going to be super bummed if in a few weeks they announce "Feb 28th"!!

    I care but I don't. Love the ride but can't wait to book any longer!!!!!


    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

    -Walt Disney

  • #2
    Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

    I'm sure certain circumstances are preventing that from happening (aka CAL OSHA).

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

      A few possibilities come to mind;

      1) Since calosha has found its latest gold mine, it's entirely possible that they are doing everything in their power to make life hard for DL. I've spent 39 years in the heavy construction trades; believe me, osha can indeed make a 3 month project take a whole year.

      2) If structural problems were found, most likely there are a multitude of educated idiot engineers busily at work on it. And each one is mostly trying desperately to make himself look better than the rest.

      3) TDC could easily be the problem here. In any number of ways......

      4) All of the above.

      More than likely, the main problem boils down to politics, not actual progression of hands-on work.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

        Originally posted by micromind View Post
        A few possibilities come to mind;1) Since calosha has found its latest gold mine, it's entirely possible that they are doing everything in their power to make life hard for DL. I've spent 39 years in the heavy construction trades; believe me, osha can indeed make a 3 month project take a whole year. 2) If structural problems were found, most likely there are a multitude of educated idiot engineers busily at work on it. And each one is mostly trying desperately to make himself look better than the rest. 3) TDC could easily be the problem here. In any number of ways......4) All of the above. More than likely, the main problem boils down to politics, not actual progression of hands-on work.
        This makes perfect sense really, the state is hurtin' for money and Disney has a boat-load of it!!


        "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

        -Walt Disney

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

          Having dealt with cal OSHA.....they can make life hell

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

            I like the simple answers - they do not know.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

              You know, it also might be that they don't want to box themselves into a deadline. They had a concrete date before and couldn't meet it; they might not want to disappoint anyone again by failing to meet a second date.

              IMHO I feel this is better - I would much rather that they take the time they need to ensure that EVERYTHING is okay, than to try to race to meet a specific date. I can totally understand how it would be frustrating and problematic for anyone trying to book a vacation right now, though.
              Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

                Originally posted by Malina View Post
                You know, it also might be that they don't want to box themselves into a deadline. They had a concrete date before and couldn't meet it; they might not want to disappoint anyone again by failing to meet a second date.

                IMHO I feel this is better - I would much rather that they take the time they need to ensure that EVERYTHING is okay, than to try to race to meet a specific date. I can totally understand how it would be frustrating and problematic for anyone trying to book a vacation right now, though.
                You have a good point here. By far the worst hazard I face on any job is being rushed. Reasonable deadlines are just that; reasonable. I really wish I'd see just one sometime......

                Lol.

                And even if the deadline were to be reasonable, some idiot with more power than brains would move it up to the point of impossible.

                I'd much rather see a delayed opening than on time with endless breakdowns due to overly rushed construction.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

                  People making CalOSHA comments should probably be knowledgable enough to know that Disney is making these changes voluntarily and are not being fined...

                  But it sounds better...
                  WELCOME ABOARD
                  THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

                    Part of it is the original rework was designed and planned around before the new OSHA regulations came out. Disney is going back in now and redoing work so that they can bring the ride up to new OSHA standards. It's a voluntary thing, but really a good move on their part to get ahead of this before the fines really come.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

                      The DLR Media page has an opening date of 2/15/2014 listed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

                        Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
                        People making CalOSHA comments should probably be knowledgable enough to know that Disney is making these changes voluntarily and are not being fined...

                        But it sounds better...
                        The guy that fell off of Space Mountain resulted in a proposed fine of $234,850 against Disney. (By the way, this is roughly Bob Igers pay for one month.....)

                        From my experience, this fine was very likely reduced to somewhere around $50,000 to $75,000.

                        This is just one example, I bet there are more.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

                          Originally posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
                          The DLR Media page has an opening date of 2/15/2014 listed.
                          I searched. Do you have a link?


                          "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

                          -Walt Disney

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

                            Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
                            People making CalOSHA comments should probably be knowledgable enough to know that Disney is making these changes voluntarily and are not being fined...

                            But it sounds better...
                            I highly doubt they are "voluntarily" making Cal OSHA changes. More like making these changes in order NOT to be fined.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Why can't they provide a date for BTMRR re-opening yet?

                              Originally posted by Malina View Post
                              You know, it also might be that they don't want to box themselves into a deadline. They had a concrete date before and couldn't meet it; they might not want to disappoint anyone again by failing to meet a second date.
                              This^

                              There is little upside to announcing a definite date and nearly a million reasons not to
                              Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X