This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradise Pier rethemed as Pleasure Island

How hard would it be to re theme this area as Pleasure Island from "Pinnochio"?

Further... What do you guys think if they converted Pizza Oom Whatever and the area where the Dinosaur Sunglasses are to a couple of restaurants/night clubs with dance floors and DJs or live bands over looking the lagoon. At night you could park at Paradise Pier Hotel and use the crosswalk, it could be open after DCA park hours and while Paradise Pier is still lit at night.

Too bad House of Blues is not overlooking Paradise Pier.

Re: Paradise Pier rethemed as Pleasure Island

Sure... I've always wanted to be a donkey
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Walt Disney tried to make Pleasure Island as nasty a place as he could. It was a place that was to typify everything that Disneyland would NOT be, lurid, phony, sleazy, and decadent. It sounds too much like what Paradise Pier is already!

I think that some charm and pleasantness would work better for that area. I don't want to describe the exact theme, but pretty much a complete redo is called for.
      Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

JKF words are true.

This is Imagineering at it absolute worst. I wouldn't
        want a shred of a reminder of this area when something
        else rematerializes in it's place.
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
          How hard would it be to re theme this area as Pleasure Island from "Pinnochio"?

Further... What do you guys think if they converted Pizza Oom Whatever and the area where the Dinosaur Sunglasses are to a couple of restaurants/night clubs with dance floors and DJs or live bands over looking the lagoon. At night you could park at Paradise Pier Hotel and use the crosswalk, it could be open after DCA park hours and while Paradise Pier is still lit at night.

Too bad House of Blues is not overlooking Paradise Pier.
          Not really a good fit if you ask me. Pinocchio is Italian and California Adventure is . . . uhhhhh . . . Californian (kinda).
          Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin
            This is Imagineering at it absolute worst. I wouldn't
            want a shred of a reminder of this area when something
            else rematerializes in it's place.
            Ha ha the Route 66 area is awful and bound to be removed but I doubt they will ever remove the main aspects of the Paradise Pier, this is another anti-DCA pipe dream...I expect renovations that add charm, not the complete removal of one of the areas that has become an image associated with the park.

Comment

ugh, why is everyone so against DCA...Pleasure Island probably wouldn't work. we just need to amp up what is already there, not totally re-do it
              MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Replace Paradise Pier with the Neverland Ranch...:mob:
                Last edited by Barbossa; 01-29-2006, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Pleasure Island?!?? Are you serious? Aren't there enough a$$e$ already?

Comment

I actually like your idea, because I saw where you were getting from. I just think that California Adventure needs something more major in this part of the park. I would prefer Pleasure Island over it though, at least it seems more Disney orinated
                    Jeff Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff
                      I actually like your idea, because I saw where you were getting from. I just think that California Adventure needs something more major in this part of the park. I would prefer Pleasure Island over it though, at least it seems more Disney orinated
                      Disney orinated yes but is it the right kind of Disney orinated? Pleasure Island as part of a larger villians themed area would be fantastic but unto itself it could be misinterpurtated...it also is NOT represented in California so it hinges on a name change mostly...

Otherwise it needs to be improved and enhanced borrowing from the sea side carnival atmospher of places like San Fransico, Santa Monca, Belmont Park in SD, Hotel Del, and even old Sacramento- all built with icing-cookie- Victorian beach look

Comment

And, The Pike in Long Beach.
                        "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

I too see where you are coming from... maybe they could add something like what Orlando has maybe?

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

I always thought that changing PP to PI could be really cool if the park coverted to a "disney studio" concept. If you added some of the key Pleasure Island iconorgraphy - - the roughhouse, the cue and stick, the the cigar store indians, the clown, etc it could be really cool. And they could sell donkey ear hats and tails!

Comment

^Yes, I agree, the Paradise Pier would work as Pleasure Island if there were a couple of night clubs and the place was open late...

It doesn't have to become rough like a real Sunset Strip / Viper Room crowd but it could be Disney's adult zone at night and cater to that Villains demographic that wants a whole land or park dedicated to villainry... which I think is a bit more than DisneyFamilyfriendlyCorporation is ready to do.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X