Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which rides and shows close if it's raining?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Which rides and shows close if it's raining?

I apologize in advance because I am sure this has been asked before, but...

When it is raining in the parks, which rides do not operate, and which shows do not play?

I'm planning a visit with my family this week where rain is likely that day, but we cannot change the day of visit.

My guesses:
    Mad Tea Party
    Radiator Springs Racers
    Mark Twain and S.S. Columbia
    Storybook Canal boats
    Autopia
    Silly Symphony Swings
    Luigi Flying Tires
    Mater Junkyard Jamboree

Fireworks show
    World of Color
    any outdoor "street fair"type of show like for the Latino Christmas celebration

Those are the ones we care about, to the best of my memory.

Can people who have experience with visiting on a rainy day please comment?

Thanks, everyone.

Re: Which rides and shows close if it's raining?

add Alice in Wonderland to that list

Comment

I've been on RSR during a light rain before. However it wasn't a very long shower, I am pretty sure it closes. I don't believe Autopia closes. The only one that I know for sure closes is Mad Tea Party. I guess Alice does too. Mark Twain will close during a heavy rain, but often stays open. Tarzan's tree house will. I think Mater's does. I have seen videos of Luigi's open during the rain though.
      I don't see why World of Color or the fireworks would be canceled. They do cancel parades, or modify them depending on severity.
      Last edited by Quentin; 11-19-2013, 04:49 PM.
      Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Jedi Training Academy also shuts down, however, when it rains they bring out the cast and you can meet and greet and get photos with the Jedi, Stormtroopers, Vader and Maul.
        Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
        Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
        Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
        Neverland since 1996.
        ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Comment

If I am not mistaken, no rides close when it is raining, but it would really depend on how bad the weather is. We went one day to DCA in the morning when it was raining & RSR was closed for a little bit in the morning, but all other rides were working.

Comment

I visited DL on a rainy day once and I believe they only closed Mad Tea Party. I didn't visit DCA that day.
            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

I've been during the rain as well. I rode RSR and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree in the rain. I think it depends on the duration and how heavy the rain is. If it's light and doesn't last too long I think they keep most stuff running as long as they can.
              Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

You can also add Fantasmic to the show list. It's a safety issue for the Cast Members.
                sigpic

Comment

I've been several times in the rain and never noticed anything closed down, other than refurbs. I know fireworks/Fantasmic/WOC can be cancelled due to weather (not just rain but high winds or other things). I think some of the tall/all outdoor rides would likely be shut down if lightning were expected, but just plain rain? I don't think they stop anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
                    You can also add Fantasmic to the show list. It's a safety issue for the Cast Members.
                    There are videos on YouTube of Fantasmic shows running in a downpour. It isn't always the case, but it has been done during rain before.
                    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

What happens in the event of inclement weather?
                      In the event of inclement weather during your visit to the Disneyland Resort, most attractions and indoor shows will continue to operate. For the safety and comfort of our Guests and Cast, some outdoor attractions may temporarily close until the inclement weather passes. These attractions may include:
                      Disneyland Park
                      Please visit City Hall on Main Street, U.S.A. during your visit for updated information.
                      Disney California Adventure Park
                      Please visit Guest Relations during your visit for updated information
                      It's worse when it's windy too. Stops more rides and shows.
                      Be Cool Stay in School!
                      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Everything outdoors shuts down when there's lightning within a certain vicinity of the area as well.

Comment

When I was young (10 or so) Tom sawyers stayed open during a crazy downpour. Island was a muddy mess, and a lot of people were hiding in the caves and the fort. This was in 86, so I am sure rules have changed.

Comment

WOC is very rarely cancelled really only HIGH, HIGH winds (happened once this year), and as long as it's not heavy rain, fireworks should be fine as we'll. I assume you are planning to come later this week and it's mostly light rain predicted, iirc, so you should be fine with mot things.
                            Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Thanks for everyone's help! Hopefully the rain won't be too strong, and more attractions and shows will stay open throughout the day.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X