Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pendleton Shirts, Other Western Wear, Back in Frontierland!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Pendleton Shirts, Other Western Wear, Back in Frontierland!

The ‘Wild West Side’ of Frontierland Stores at Disneyland Park « Disney Parks Blog

Re: Pendleton Shirts, Other Western Wear, Back in Frontierland!

About time they get back to what we all have missed since Paul and Cynthia ran the shops into Walmart lite.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
      About time they get back to what we all have missed since Paul and Cynthia ran the shops into Walmart lite.
      Hey, let's not insult Walmart. At least there you get crap at a reasonable price! lol

Comment

My mother used to beeline for the Pendleton Shop during the 1960's. She considered Disneyland Park a babysitter for me and my brother as she browsed Pendleton.

Now, living in Oregon where Pendleton is based, I wish them well. Except when they make stuff in China. When I want stuff made in China I go to Walmart like everyone else.
        "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

Comment

I was very excited to read this, until I saw the pictures. 4 Pendleton Shirts, and then turn the corner, loads of generic Holiday Mickey merchandise!!

It is exciting to see land-appropriate merchandise return to the park, but I don't think a rack of shirts is what I meant when I said I really miss the Pendleton Store inside Disneyland.

Comment

Where's the civil war era hats?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckyDelite View Post
              I was very excited to read this, until I saw the pictures. 4 Pendleton Shirts, and then turn the corner, loads of generic Holiday Mickey merchandise!!

It is exciting to see land-appropriate merchandise return to the park, but I don't think a rack of shirts is what I meant when I said I really miss the Pendleton Store inside Disneyland.
              Well, at least on the bright optimistic side, one could see this as a baby step back into the old ways. We may or may not get rid of generic merchandise entirely, but these small steps are still ever so welcomed. I hope these same baby steps are applied to the other major lands. It would be interesting to see what they would procure and sell.

Total Tender Rides: 20
              Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
              Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
              Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

Originally posted by DuckyDelite View Post

As a fan of Frontierland's Pendleton store, I had the same reaction -- a Pendleton "nook" surrounded by mega amounts of generic Mickey merch, which has no business being in Frontierland. Looks like another of those Disney "story that doesn't live up to the headline" things.
                "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by DobbysCloset View Post
                  My mother used to beeline for the Pendleton Shop during the 1960's. She considered Disneyland Park a babysitter for me and my brother as she browsed Pendleton.

Now, living in Oregon where Pendleton is based, I wish them well. Except when they make stuff in China. When I want stuff made in China I go to Walmart like everyone else.

Our mothers must have been separated at birth! Dad used to cringe when Mom took us to DL 'back in the day' because he knew she'd hit the Pendleton shop heavy! Even back then Pendleton wasn't cheap! But we still have some of the things she bought back then and they still look good as new.
                  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

It might be a small step, but its a good step anyway. Just need people to buy the stuff now to see it expand.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                      ...But we still have some of the things she bought back then and they still look good as new.
                      We still have wool comforter blankets purchased there in the 70s that look good as new. I loved shopping in that store -- the wood floor, the staircase, the muffled sound of the Golden Horseshoe Review music next door, the wonderful staff... the whole experience was quintessentially Frontierland.
                      "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

I am actually really happy about this, the company Christmas party this year is country themed and my friend/co-worker is grumpy about the theme, but since we are going to be in the parks on Dec 7-8, perhaps I can convince him that it's less lame of a theme because we bought the stuff from Disneyland. Alternatively, he is trying to convince me that the "Woody Hoodie" is acceptable attire. lol

Comment

I'm sure it's a test, no company would bring in a product like that to take over the whole store without knowing whether it would be successful or not. If the shirts there are there right now sell better then the quicksilver t-shirts or whatever other generic merch they have, then they will expand and add more. Eventually we might have a whole western themed shop again. But guaging guest desire for pendelton t-shirts or anything else at the park is probably going to be determined soley by sales. There's probably someone at the company who wants to see more western wear in Frontierland, and they're having to prove to accounting that the shirts will sell, and this is their test. If you want to see more of this, then maybe you can support that person and buy some of the shirts. A note to City Hall that you're happy to see them back would probably help, but all the notes in the world won't matter if they don't sell.
                          Disneyland Cast Member
                          Outdoor Vending
                          1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

I hope they're getting back to their "specialty shop" roots. This is exciting news. Now if only they'd also include other Pendleton items like bags or blankets!

Facebook me!
                            Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Didn't they put in an awkward non-period appropriate tv in there or something. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X