This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] The worst FastPass lines

This came up in another topic and I thought it would be interesting to get other opinions on the subject. Which attraction(s) do you think have the worst FastPass lines?

For me personally, I think Indiana Jones is the absolute worst. There really isn't a major advantage to having a FP. I got one after waiting in a very long standby line earlier in the week and I was pretty surprised to see that the FP basically just merges you into the standby line for the last half of the queue. It only shaved maybe 10min off the standby time. I have used the FP for Indiana Jones in the past and I didn't remember it being like that.

Which are the worst for you guys?
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Re: The worst FastPass lines

Indiana Jones just skips waiting outside the temple, like how Space Mountain skips waiting on the roof with barely audible vintage EPCOT Center music. It does kinda suck once you eventually hit the line, but at least it has a great queue.

I personally think the Fastpass line for Roger Rabbit sucks because you miss that queue, which is also great. It's an important part of the experience.

Comment

I feel the same with Indy, but also with Autopia when the line barely utilizes the queue space in the grand stand.

Comment

Hmmm, I think the worst one for me was Splash Mountain. I don't know why, but it seemed like it moved slower than molasses in January! We weren't all that far back from the load area but for whatever reason they were really loading the FP line slowly. Indy seemed OK but I think we hit it right after it had reopened after a breakdown so maybe there just weren't a lot of people in the FP line.
        "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I think Star Tours is the worst. It seems like they just let waaaay too many FP per hour out so the FP wait time is still really long; not much shorter than Standby.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
            Hmmm, I think the worst one for me was Splash Mountain. I don't know why, but it seemed like it moved slower than molasses in January! We weren't all that far back from the load area but for whatever reason they were really loading the FP line slowly. Indy seemed OK but I think we hit it right after it had reopened after a breakdown so maybe there just weren't a lot of people in the FP line.
            Splash Mountain is one of my favorite FP attractions. I am usually only in line maybe 10min.

Comment

In terms of how much the line is held up, I would say that HMH suffers the most. With FP, I was in the courtyard outside the Mansion for almost 20 minutes, and in the outside queue next to the Mansion for 30. Without it now, I'm only there for 20 minutes total before entering the first room.

Roger Rabbit is the best in terms of getting you on ASAP, but it does skip the most important elements of the ride: the storyline and the setting.

In terms of how much queue you skip, I agree that Indy skips the wait that would turn guests off more, but unlike Roger Rabbit, at least both lines experience the main queue. I would say the same for Tower of Terror, but the queue after the merging of both lines isn't as long as Indy's.

And lastly, in terms of "Why is there one for this anyways?", I would tie between Autopia and Goofy's Sky School. Kind of self-explanatory on both of them.
              Last edited by DisneylandMaster; 11-25-2013, 07:33 PM.
              Stopping in the middle is
              DISTINCTLY
              UNPATRIOTIC!

Comment

It has got to be Star Tours. At its worst the line to get into the fastpass line curves around towards the hub. I was surprised to see this even after the new FP changes. When it does get like this, it is a mess. There is no control over that line. Once or twice I have walked from inside of tomorrow land right to the fastpass entrance only to be pointed to the end of the line to the left and the CM always seems to have that "no duh" attitude about it. Then at other times there are people in that "line" and it turns out its just people standing there and its not a line at all.

Thankfully, the entrance to tomorrow land is so roomy to walk through
                "Nice work, pal" :thumbup:

Comment

Tower of Terror is probably the worst, it doesn't appear like it saves you much time at all unless there is a really long outdoor queue forming. Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain are also contenders since it absolutely creates havoc on the stand by line.

Comment

For me, I always get FP on the worst times on Space Mountain. I don't know why. I think it's because I ride it at night, I dunno. But when I get FP there, the lines seems longer than the non FP line. -___-
                    Princess Jasmine's trainee

Comment

I'm just going to jump on the bandwagon here and say Indy.
                      All right, listen! I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smolder.

DLR Annual Passholder, Disney nerd
                      Trip Reports:
                      From California to Walt Disney World: The Road to Orlando (Coming soon)

Comment

Originally posted by GagarianPrincess View Post
                        For me, I always get FP on the worst times on Space Mountain. I don't know why. I think it's because I ride it at night, I dunno. But when I get FP there, the lines seems longer than the non FP line. -___-
                        I've never had issues with the Space Mountain FP line. I refuse to ride it without a FP.

Comment

Roger Rabbit.
                          The queue has a joke every three feet, and you miss most of them while being rushed throught the fastpass queue.

Comment

haunted mansion because it is always not available

Comment

It's probably just my luck. :P
                              Princess Jasmine's trainee

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X