Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aladdin and Jasmine's Storytale Adventures

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aladdin and Jasmine's Storytale Adventures

    The new Aladdin's Oasis show opens tomorrow. Is anyone going?
    Last edited by thirdwish; 03-23-2005, 10:45 AM.

  • #2
    There is a new smoke effect from the tiger cave that is cool but i though the show had some problems. For one thing Kazoo tells the audience that the cave is not real! I don't think Walt would like cast members saying things in his park are fake! There are many other things in the show that i had problems with but i would like to hear other comments first.

    Comment


    • #3
      Do they still have the "Little Mermaid on DVD" joke? 'Cause it's not on DVD anymore and that annoyed me.
      "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by xfkirsten
        Do they still have the "Little Mermaid on DVD" joke? 'Cause it's not on DVD anymore and that annoyed me.
        It will be on dvd next year


        Comment


        • #5
          i remember going when i was about 5 or 6. i just remember very good macaroni and cheese, old people and...fear

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by thirdwish
            There is a new smoke effect from the tiger cave that is cool but i though the show had some problems. For one thing Kazoo tells the audience that the cave is not real! I don't think Walt would like cast members saying things in his park are fake! There are many other things in the show that i had problems with but i would like to hear other comments first.
            It's not supposed to be a recreation... the five year old girl in pigtails carrying a cardboard Jafar fake is not meant to be real either. As its name implies, its a storytime of something that "really" did happen.
            Joey AKA "dlfreak"
            www.mouseinfo.com

            I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
            If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
            Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

            With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

            Create your own Virtual pet today!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dlfreak
              It's not supposed to be a recreation... the five year old girl in pigtails carrying a cardboard Jafar fake is not meant to be real either. As its name implies, its a storytime of something that "really" did happen.
              It still seems tacky!

              Comment


              • #8
                They never did this before.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dlfreak
                  It's not supposed to be a recreation... the five year old girl in pigtails carrying a cardboard Jafar fake is not meant to be real either. As its name implies, its a storytime of something that "really" did happen.
                  Pluse this is not quite the same as the storytime with the princesses. In the guide it is listed as a show! i don't think they should point out the fact that things are fake, just humor the kids a bit.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by thirdwish
                    It still seems tacky!

                    It is tacky, thank you for pointing that out! :bow:
                    I am so sick of these stupid "storytelling" things. They are so pointless!!
                    Tom Sawyer Island even has a spot for it!! Let the kids read the books!!!!!!
                    I do like the kind of humor the Aladdin storytelling presents, but that cn be accomplished at Jungle Cruise. They need to better utilize the space.
                    My mind won't rest
                    and I don't sleep
                    Not even in my dreams...
                    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                    written by Stevie Nicks

                    Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                    1985-2005

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sorceress1986
                      It is tacky, thank you for pointing that out! :bow:
                      I am so sick of these stupid "storytelling" things. They are so pointless!!
                      Tom Sawyer Island even has a spot for it!! Let the kids read the books!!!!!!
                      I do like the kind of humor the Aladdin storytelling presents, but that cn be accomplished at Jungle Cruise. They need to better utilize the space.
                      Can't say I agree with ya there sorceress1986 (says that guy who's picked a Minstrel for his Avatar). Storytelling is a real folk art - and I think it's pretty cool that DL has found a way to add it to the adventure. Kids can read books at home -- but where can they have these experiences (O.K. - well there's summer camp, and the local storytellers clubs and so forth -- too bad none of our kids do that anymore [too busy with da Video Games and da Chat Rooms....oh, wait a minute....)

                      Anyhow - if it helps you; just think about all those families wasting their time at the Storyteller hours while you are standing in line for Indy, again.
                      ---Life's Too Short: Sing along---

                      Di by dee by deedee doh doh. De by diddi O!

                      Duitn Duitn Duitn Doo-bee-Doo. Dittin Duitin by dee be doh!

                      (thump, thump, thump, thump) heh_heh_heh_heh_heh

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sorceress1986
                        It is tacky, thank you for pointing that out! :bow:
                        I am so sick of these stupid "storytelling" things. They are so pointless!!
                        Tom Sawyer Island even has a spot for it!! Let the kids read the books!!!!!!
                        I do like the kind of humor the Aladdin storytelling presents, but that cn be accomplished at Jungle Cruise. They need to better utilize the space.

                        Not to pick on ya sorceress just using this as an example:

                        (climbs onto soapbox)
                        Do any of you who dislike the storytelling have kids?
                        I'm guessing not...(not to be rude just an assumption)
                        why am I assuming this?
                        because when we go we are in the parks for 5 days with 2 kids, and attractions like the Aladdin & Jasmine storytelling, the Princess storyelling, Buzz lightyear show, Fantasyland theater,and countless other story telling opertunities are wonderful ways for the kids to still participate in the park yet take a moment away from the chaos that oftain is happening.
                        Crowds can be very overwhelming for children, waiting in line for hours is difficult for adults...almost impossable for kids. I think an important part of Disneyland is the small groups calm things for children. It adds some intamacy and magic.
                        Not everything has to be some amazing ride. there is so much wonder and Magic in DL.

                        I have a challenge for all of you who hate/dislike the storytelling....
                        Go and sit through one, but don't watch the CM's and Charactors....watch the kids listening and paricipating, you will see a whole new level of magic that you may have missed or forgotten.

                        and for the record if DL was all rides and no extra little touches of magic I wouldn't go, I could just go to sixflags for that,(and I hate sixflags) what seperates Disney is that it is for the whole family with thrills, magic moments, enchantment, and all

                        (steps down from soapbox)
                        procrastibating

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That was beautiful, Tink.*sniff* Yes, the storytelling IS a nice break for the younguns.

                          I was skeptical about seeing the Aladdin show the first time and found myself pleasantly surprised. It was interactive w/ the kids up front and chosen for parts (my boy got to hold the "combination huka/coffee maker" and received a special button for his participation-woo hoo!) and it was witty. Part script/part improv. and, like the DCA Aladdin show, used jokes about current headlines.
                          I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                          That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
                            Not to pick on ya sorceress just using this as an example:

                            (climbs onto soapbox)
                            Do any of you who dislike the storytelling have kids?
                            I'm guessing not...(not to be rude just an assumption)
                            why am I assuming this?
                            because when we go we are in the parks for 5 days with 2 kids, and attractions like the Aladdin & Jasmine storytelling, the Princess storyelling, Buzz lightyear show, Fantasyland theater,and countless other story telling opertunities are wonderful ways for the kids to still participate in the park yet take a moment away from the chaos that oftain is happening.
                            Crowds can be very overwhelming for children, waiting in line for hours is difficult for adults...almost impossable for kids. I think an important part of Disneyland is the small groups calm things for children. It adds some intamacy and magic.
                            Not everything has to be some amazing ride. there is so much wonder and Magic in DL.

                            I have a challenge for all of you who hate/dislike the storytelling....
                            Go and sit through one, but don't watch the CM's and Charactors....watch the kids listening and paricipating, you will see a whole new level of magic that you may have missed or forgotten.

                            and for the record if DL was all rides and no extra little touches of magic I wouldn't go, I could just go to sixflags for that,(and I hate sixflags) what seperates Disney is that it is for the whole family with thrills, magic moments, enchantment, and all

                            (steps down from soapbox)

                            I have kids - although they are adults now. I am around friends and family's kids. My wife is a storyteller. I do not go to Disneyland to sit and listen to storytellers. I go for entertainment. I want to experience the story, not have some castmember narrate it or attempt to be funny. (even the jungle cruise spiels get old after a while)

                            I think you are absolutely wrong about the kids - I sat through one excruciating Buzz Lightyear show and the vast majority of the kids sat there either slack-jawed, or squirmy and wanting to go DO something. There was a very small minority who sat there and were actually engaged with the show. I will not be sorry to see the storytelling go the way of the Rocket Rods...





                            sigpic

                            I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jennidisneyfer
                              That was beautiful, Tink.*sniff* Yes, the storytelling IS a nice break for the younguns.

                              I was skeptical about seeing the Aladdin show the first time and found myself pleasantly surprised. It was interactive w/ the kids up front and chosen for parts (my boy got to hold the "combination huka/coffee maker" and received a special button for his participation-woo hoo!) and it was witty. Part script/part improv. and, like the DCA Aladdin show, used jokes about current headlines.
                              The new "show" does not have as much of the whit as it use to. There is no improve and no current headlines :confused: why did they take these things out? Now the show seems dull and long. I miss the Disney refs it use to have. Why try to fix something that is fine the way it was? I feel these changes were a step in the wrong direction.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                They should get a new creative team on this thing! It lacks charm and heart!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Sorry to keep replying but is this a show or storytelling? I always thought of storytelling like the thing the princesses do in the toyshop. They consider the Brother Bear thing a show and this seems more like that. A small show but still a show.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Sambo
                                    I have kids - although they are adults now. I am around friends and family's kids. My wife is a storyteller. I do not go to Disneyland to sit and listen to storytellers. I go for entertainment. I want to experience the story, not have some castmember narrate it or attempt to be funny. (even the jungle cruise spiels get old after a while)

                                    I think you are absolutely wrong about the kids - I sat through one excruciating Buzz Lightyear show and the vast majority of the kids sat there either slack-jawed, or squirmy and wanting to go DO something. There was a very small minority who sat there and were actually engaged with the show. I will not be sorry to see the storytelling go the way of the Rocket Rods...
                                    Absolutely? Or just partially. General statements based off the Buzz Lightyear show is hardly grounds for saying that all the story telling is a waste of effort. First and foremost, the Buzz Lightyear show was based off the television and hardly any children watched it so I can only assume it lost them.

                                    I think story-telling is a terrific tradition we have lost with the invention of television and da computer games and da chat room (*nods to Alan-A-Dale) and the proof that the loss of story-telling has had on children is evident by the lack luster stories our children read now a days, the horriable kids shows, vastly terriable movies being made (and that coming from a screenwriter).

                                    If Disneyland stripped out these minor attractions, the stories and street performers and the small attention to detail that they have applied it would lose a lot of the magic. Walt himself was a fan of storytellers- because that is what he was in a grand sense.

                                    So maybe our storytellers at Disneyland today need some work but to simply do away with them is in my opinion another terriable by-product of progress.






                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by ah schucks
                                      Absolutely? Or just partially. General statements based off the Buzz Lightyear show is hardly grounds for saying that all the story telling is a waste of effort. First and foremost, the Buzz Lightyear show was based off the television and hardly any children watched it so I can only assume it lost them.

                                      I think story-telling is a terrific tradition we have lost with the invention of television and da computer games and da chat room (*nods to Alan-A-Dale) and the proof that the loss of story-telling has had on children is evident by the lack luster stories our children read now a days, the horriable kids shows, vastly terriable movies being made (and that coming from a screenwriter).

                                      If Disneyland stripped out these minor attractions, the stories and street performers and the small attention to detail that they have applied it would lose a lot of the magic. Walt himself was a fan of storytellers- because that is what he was in a grand sense.

                                      So maybe our storytellers at Disneyland today need some work but to simply do away with them is in my opinion another terriable by-product of progress.

                                      (I wish there was a clapping smilly to put here)

                                      exactly, exactly, exactly...thank you!

                                      the storytellers are criticly important to the 'whole' experience of Disneyland it's not all E-ticket type entertainment, nor should it be.
                                      the 'minor' attractions and experiences add so much to Disneylands charm.

                                      and isn't that why we like Disneyland, because it's unique and charming? It has it's quaint moments, and it's thrills,and It's well rounded. I know it's why I like it.
                                      procrastibating

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        I agree not everything should have a blaring soundtrack and strobe effects. It's nice to have simple story telling that provides something to do and a use of the otherwise purposeless Aladdin's Oasis. Not to mention makes use of a popular franchise.
                                        Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                                        www.mouseinfo.com

                                        I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
                                        If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
                                        Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

                                        With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

                                        Create your own Virtual pet today!

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X