This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Where is Nemo?

So this is a topic that has been thrown around so much on Micechat even I have thrown it around before. I have recently received confirmation that Finding nemo will close on January 6th and will remain closed until late 2014 and I wanted to know what you guys think will come out of this refurbishment?

Re: Where is Nemo?

The ride will probably end up staying closed so they can take out the attraction for Star Wars Land.

Comment

What is *known* publicly is only that the ride is closing for refurbishment. That much is posted on Disneyland's website.

Speculation ranges from simple refurb through draining it, filling it with salsa and getting a Tostitos sponsorship. Take your pick anywhere from within that spectrum, say "Star Wars" somewhere in your impassioned response, and join the fun!
      Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

According the the Disney Parks Blog, the ride will return in late 2014 as Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

'Star Wars Salsa Cantina'
          Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Assuming that it doesn't become the "Star Wars Salsa Cantina: brought to you by our friends at Tostitos" I can definitely see this as being a convenient excuse to add things regarding "Finding Dory". Then again... salsa/star wars/franchises!

Comment

It will become the underwater area of NABOO.

Comment

mee-sa no like dat idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jchamb268 View Post
                  It will become the underwater area of NABOO.
                  Change that to undersalsa and I'm willing to work with it.
                  Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

There is an ongoing discussion on this topic.
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...frame-now.html

Comment

So here's a question:

You are the Walt Disney Company -

You spend 173 million dollars and 4 years to overhaul the Submarine Voyage - And all of a sudden decide to demolish it 6 years later? With Finding Dory due in theaters in a couple of years?

This rumor of demolishing the subs for Star Wars is so ludicrous ....

This company is so notorious for watching every penny ....

to entertain ourselves with this rumor of Star Wars in that area seems a waste of our brain cells.
                      MY SIGNATURE:
                      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

I think some of us are just skeptical given the history of the subs closing before and not re-opening.
                        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                        My company had a special night at the park
                        WdW trip report with WWoHP
                        NYE 2011 trip report
                        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                        Leap year 24 hour report
                        New DCA trip report
                        NYE 2012
                        HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                          I think some of us are just skeptical given the history of the subs closing before and not re-opening.
                          Agreed, how do we know for sure that history will repeat itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                            [...]You spend 173 million dollars and 4 years to overhaul the Submarine Voyage [...] to demolish it 6 years later? With Finding Dory due in theaters in a couple of years?
                            This. Exactly what I've been saying. NONE of the math on this rumor that it is closing/changing adds up at all. None of it.

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                            History? It happened once. And that was under Pressler. Hardly precedent setting.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

My personal belief is that it will close for all these months, and eventually reopen with an attraction that is virtually identical with what we have now, but with all the mechanisms etc. fine tuned and freshened up. Perhaps some heavy duty scrubbing and such inside and out, but that's about it.
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X