X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dshimel
    What's the topic again?

Oh yeah..... DCA's themes suck hard... What would you replace them with?
    The worst part of DCA is Paradise Pier. Screamin can stay but I was in charge. I would gut Paradise Pier. Fill up the Lagoon and get rid of all the attractions and shops and start from the beginning again. It looks so cheap.
    I would bring the Aerosmith Rock and Roll coaster from MGM for a start.
    I also would change the name of the land as well. Any ideas for attractions and a new name?
    Sure is wow you got me. This is however an opinion question not a concrete fact. Beauty/Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes the overwhelming majority agrees something is ugly. Sometimes they don't. If there was a fact posted about how something did not operate correctly, the ride had a glitch and it was fact then yes you could end this post with a concrete right or wrong answer.

But ugly is not a concrete objective answer. Its subjective. Can we agree its subjective, or does your view somehow supercede the rest of ours? Can we agree to disagree I ask again?

Comment

• Just a note people (including you dshimel):

Be nice to each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by dshimel
        Truely, beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder, 'cause it looks like cheap, ugly, run-down crap to me.....
        On the other hand, Monterey has similar ugly, run-down crap, yet it is a tourist mecca. Guess some people appreciate those sort of aesthetics and others don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evil Minion
          Just a note people (including you dshimel):

Be nice to each other.
          Thanks for saying that, this thread was getting hostile.
          You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

Comment

• Sorry :bow: :bow: :bow:

Comment

• My problem with DCA is that it's theme is not interesting & needs to be more lavished and animated. Love it or hate it, DCA had too many corners cut when designing it and now it's paying the price with low attendance & complaints.

Comment

• Well, just so we have a better idea about what we're talking about, please be sure to vote at this link:

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=2030
                See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

• Originally posted by Importance
                  On the other hand, Monterey has similar ugly, run-down crap, yet it is a tourist mecca. Guess some people appreciate those sort of aesthetics and others don't.
                  Very, positively, 100% true. Some don't see it that way, though. I was raised around aviation, and like the feel of Condor. It could use some more excitement, but I love the theme and the buildings. It's a bit of history, in fun surroundings. I also appreciate the wharf and pier sections. I think wharf is WAY under-used, but throw some attractions into the pre-existing facade, and it would be a great area. It's all about opinions, and no two are alike.

Look at the castle at Disneyland as it looks right now. Some like it, some hate it. I like it during the day, but hate it at night. If you come to me and say you feel the opposite, it doesn't make me right and you wrong, or vice versa. It's simply a matter of opinion and perspective...

Since none of us here work for Disney Corporate, TDA, or Imagineering, all we have is opinion. That's what boards like this are for - to discuss our opinions with others. It's a shame that some people have problems separating fact from opinion, and seeing that opposing views aren't hostile views. Just different...
                  Honor those who fall under the sword.
                  But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evil Minion
                    My problem with DCA is that it's theme is not interesting & needs to be more lavished and animated. Love it or hate it, DCA had too many corners cut when designing it and now it's paying the price with low attendance & complaints.
                    Exactly! There's no need to bulldoze areas of the park, they only need to take some time and money to add more into the more dead areas. It's really as easy as that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaver
                      It's a shame that some people have problems separating fact from opinion, and seeing that opposing views aren't hostile views. Just different...
                      I'd vote for you if you were running for anything ever, based purely on that quote.

Although I've been a long time lurker here and posted on a few other boards, so far I've found MC to have some of the most well-thought out, well reasoned, well intentioned posts re Disney anywhere.

Sorry, bit OT but I though worth mentioning.

(Next time PeaJay18 continues his exploration of MiceChat with his first foray into the Litter Box!)

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
                      Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaver
                        Exactly! There's no need to bulldoze areas of the park, they only need to take some time and money to add more into the more dead areas. It's really as easy as that!
                        DCA is like that scrappy little Christmas tree Charlie Brown brought home on the Peanuts Christmas Special. If every give it a little love and time it will blossom. I think I just called Eisner- Charlie Brown? Ok now everybody get up and dance around and do the dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ah schucks
                          DCA is like that scrappy little Christmas tree Charlie Brown brought home on the Peanuts Christmas Special. If every give it a little love and time it will blossom. I think I just called Eisner- Charlie Brown? Ok now everybody get up and dance around and do the dance.
                          Eisner can be the Charlie Brown, because as we all hopefully remember, Charlie Brown isn't the real hero of the story. What DCA needs is its Linus.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

• Originally posted by ModHatter
                            Eisner can be the Charlie Brown, because as we all hopefully remember, Charlie Brown isn't the real hero of the story. What DCA needs is its Linus.
                            Matt Quimet!!!!!!! Dud du du da du da *everybody do the Peanuts dance*

Comment

no he can't well at least not until he's depressed and we all stand around reminding him of every single thing he's failed at in life and keep telling him how stupid he is (seriously those kids set him up for failure)
                              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

• Not to mention Snoopy. Snoopy always added the fun and silliness to the Peanuts shows & strips. You can't quite call him comic relief, because it was all funny at times. He was just the Zany fun of the gang. And DCA needs some zaniness right now.

Comment

Matt Quimet!!!!!!! Dud du du da du da *everybody do the Peanuts dance*
                                  I'm reserving judgment on that. I need to see what happens to the Sub Lagoon, and need to be reassured that Monsters will either not happen, or be VERY temporary.

-- Walt Disney

Comment

I'm reserving judgment on that. I need to see what happens to the Sub Lagoon, and need to be reassured that Monsters will either not happen, or be VERY temporary.
                                    the purple construction wall seems to suggest it will happen...
                                    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                                    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pyrateslife4me84
                                      the purple construction wall seems to suggest it will happen...
                                      Well, in just about a week, hopefully we will be told that the Monsters theme was just a big April Fool's joke, and HPB will actually get a decent Hollywood-themed ride instead.

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Says the man who has slung more mud with far more cutting insults and injury. At least Rever is trying to be funny, you are just being sad and pathetic.

Ugly is opinion. Beautiful is opinon- can we agree to disagree? Is that even possible? or must you be Last Word Larry? Is it possible there is no right or wrong answer? Does it have to be black and white?
                                        Originally posted by dshimel
                                        What's the topic again?

Oh yeah..... DCA's themes suck hard... What would you replace them with?

Good Grief!! The testosterone levels have shot through the roof!

ah shucks - Yes for some people life is in black and white. do not hate them for their shortcomings. It is Very tempting to be the one to have the last word in an arguement. *aHem*

dshimel - Yes, DCA erred in the direction of being overly cheap. However the California Theme seems to be pleasing to most people on this board. I do not hear much clamor for replacement as much as for enhancement.

Now that having been said -
                                        CAN'T YOU TWO BOYS PLAY NICELY???

A Bit off topic, I've often thought that a well designed indoor waterpark would suit Disney. It would be a natural tie in for the California Theme, and being indoors would keep it open year round. Put it in the much maligned Timon lot and you have a nice DCA expansion.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

odds are it won't be temporary (does disney even know what temporary means? tons of things that were supposed to be temporary turn into big perminent things but that's moreso at WDW)

I am hoping that Monsters Inc will have a cleaver tie in to the HPB
                                          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X