This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reaver
    It always amuses me when people refer to Six Flags as a derogatory example. Last I checked, Six Flags has more parks than the mouse, and their coasters are the world leaders.
    And they've lost $274 million over the last 3 years on an average $1.1 billion a year total revenue. You can buy the whole company for $390 million plus taking on their $3 billion in liabilities.

Compare this to DLR parks and resorts division averaging over $6 billion a year in revenue, $1 billion a year operating income, and $300 million a year profitability.

They don't add these great coasters every couple years because they want to. They are forced to add these or see their revenue plumit.

Compare this to DL which can pull 12 million people a year even without having added a major new ride in the last 10 years.

Originally posted by Reaver
    As for the pier, it was designed to reflect that sort of thrill ride beach side park, and it does it well. Again, whether you like it or not - whether you think it's ugly or beautiful, is all a matter of opinion. I disagree with you, but that doesn't mean you're wrong...
    Those sea-side generic amusement parks that were so finacially sucessful that almost all of them are now gone.

It is not opinion that these generic sea-side places really exist, but few people actually bother to go see them, and none are willing to pay $53 a person per day for the oppertunity.

Repeatedly, I've tried to keep the discussion away from personal opinion. For every person that says they like it, someone else will sy they don't, and vise-verse.

The entiritey of my argument is that these places exist, are easy to visit, are much cheaper than DCA, and still they (the real versions) fail to pull crowds. No one has attempted to refute this....

They fall back to "hey, I like it". Great, if Disney was seeking to please a couple dozen on-line fanatics, they've done that well.

However, if they were actually trying to build a park that millions of people would be willing to pay full price for.... Not so much.

Comment

• Last edited by Awe_inspired; 04-02-2005, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• When I first saw this thread back at the top of the board, I cringed.... No need to open old wounds...

Then I read the post that resurected the topic from the dead...

Simply wonderful. April fools my arse.... Nothing foolish about this dream at all. More like an awesome concept for resurecting the park from the dead.

Likely to happen? Unfortunatly, probably not..... But awesome to read and dream about.... Now that is a park that would be worth $50+ to get into!

Comment

• They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
          With a pink hotel, a boutique, and a swingin' hot spot
          Don't it always seem to go
          That you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
          They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
          ------------------------------------
          They took all the trees, and put em in a tree museum
          And they charged the people a dollar and a half to see them
          No, no, no
          They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot
          -----------------------------------------
          Hey farmer, farmer, put away your DDT
          I don't care about spots on my apples,
          Leave me the birds and the bees
          Please
          Hey now, they paved paradise to put up a parking lot
          Why not?

Listen, late last night, I heard the screen door slam
          And a big yellow taxi took my girl away
          Well, don't it always seem to go
          They paved paradise to put up a parking lot
          Why not?
          Hey hey hey
          Paved paradise and put up a parking lot

April Fools Sucka- You thought I was gonna argue!
          This one's for MM!

Comment

• Thanks shimel!! I've enjoyed reading this thread!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X