This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dshimel
    I will gladly compare IQs with you ANY time you want. Last time I took one, I tested at 148.....Highly Gifted.... About 1 in 1,000.

I scored in the top 1% on the SAT... Of course, I was the top student in both my AP Calculus and AP Pysics classes. When I joined the Navy I scored in the top 1% on the ASVAB, advanced to E6 in the Navy in 5 years (average is 10 years), earned a BSCS in 3 years with a 4.0 GPA, while working full time in the Navy....

After graduating college and getting out of the Navy, my income rose from $30K a year to $70K a year in less than 5 years. I've not collected a single unemployment check.

I was working on an MBA for a while, and maintinaing a 4.0 GPA, but found the whole "deceit and confusion" aspects of management to be to unappealing, so returned to computer programming.

As for the cocaine comment, I don't even drink alcohol. Nothing stronger than caffine in carmel colored sugar water for me thanks.
    And you feel the need to list all of this because...?

I was referring to the post dropping the IQ level, not the person making it. In any case, I don't need a list of your accomplishments to prove you're intelligent. It's obvious you are, and this is a difference of preference, not intellect. You feel a certain way about DCA, many of us do not. I'm not trying to change your mind, you shouldn't try to change ours. Because you believe something doesn't make it fact. Your ideas for how Walt was flawed in his planning is your opinion, and not mine. For one to assume their ideas are fact simply because they believe them to be true is foolish. We all have opinions and ideas. We should be sharing, not arguing.

And just so you know, my last Mensa test ranked me at 152, in Oct of last year. Granted, I had been eating a lot of carrots that day...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
      Thanks, schucks, for you ever witty and lighthearted remarks on this site. You never cease to amuse me!
      Its what I do *shrugs* I tried to get a job as a skipper cause I do great impression and I am sarcastic but NOOOOO apparently you have to audition on your interview, someone failed to mention this to me and I got stuck riding inside Autopia cars with little kids who get scared by the gas petel *sighs* :lol:

Thanks for the respect (hint hint I need some street cred on here, throw me a bone on the rep status if you like the funny) :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
        Its what I do *shrugs* I tried to get a job as a skipper cause I do great impression and I am sarcastic but NOOOOO apparently you have to audition on your interview, someone failed to mention this to me and I got stuck riding inside Autopia cars with little kids who get scared by the gas petel *sighs* :lol:

Thanks for the respect (hint hint I need some street cred on here, throw me a bone on the rep status if you like the funny) :bow:
        Hey those gas petal's scare me! I'll steer, you'll do gas, k?
        Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
        Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
        Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
        Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
        Marge: Pink.
        Homer: D'oh!
        Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

It's the brakes of the person in front of me that scare me!

Comment

I've never been to any Disney theme parks except for the ones in California. Although TOT is short, I stil enjoy a lot...

But wait, why should they start you in an old crappy hotel? Couldn't you just go down the street and visit any of the crappy hotels that have been there for 50 or so odd years! Dusty boiler rooms are boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
              Walt was flawed in his planning is your opinion, and not mine.
              It is the opinion of DisCo. This is why they added Space Mt and Star Tours.... Non-education, pure-fun-fiction rides. It is why DLP does not have a Tomorrowland. It is why they attempted to remake Tomorrowland with TL'98 (A project that was the victim of budget, not theme).

My opinion that Walt's idea for Tomorrowland is not "just my opinion". It is the only conclusion supported by 50 years of amusement park data. Educational rides age poorly and need to be replaced frequently. This makes them non-ideal since MAX-PROFIT is the ideal, and max-profit is not acheived when attractions must be replaced frequently.

Getting back to DCA's theme...... Magic is illusion. California is reality. They are simply not compatable. That is not my opinion, that is "by definition".

I go to DCA. I enjoy many of the rides at DCA.... The mundane, generic, non-magical reality theme sucked the chrome off the bumper of my pick-up the last time I drove down Katella past Six Flags Paradise Pier.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian
                I've never been to any Disney theme parks except for the ones in California. Although TOT is short, I stil enjoy a lot...

But wait, why should they start you in an old crappy hotel? Couldn't you just go down the street and visit any of the crappy hotels that have been there for 50 or so odd years! Dusty boiler rooms are boring!
                Dude have you ever read Steven King's "Shining"- the basement/boiler room in ToT always scares the beegeez out of me. Just me I suppose.

Comment

I got stuck riding inside Autopia cars with little kids who get scared by the gas petel *sighs* :lol:
                  Hey those gas petal's scare me!
                  Not sure if this is a joke I'm missing, or a pair of misspellings.....

gas pedal or gas flower part?

Comment

*envisions Stitch banging his head on the wall of the animal shelter, hard enough to knock the bick loose, and sympathizes*

I have a headache...

Comment

Hay, we meigh not be as smhart as sum...but we've got...WALK..personality..TALK..personality...
                      Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                      Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

Comment

Everybody Sing....

Comment

I'm not hearing any singing people....

Comment

That is correct. His vision for Tomorrowland has proven to be an unsustainable mess. His vision of a real EPCOT would have bankrupt the company.
                            It wasn't Walts vision that was the problem.

Comment

Not sure if this is a joke I'm missing, or a pair of misspellings.....

gas pedal or gas flower part?
                              Ok smart IQ guy...some of us are DYSLEXIC! You try growing up not being able to tell the difference between left and right. "Oh just make an L with your hand." people would say "Oh gess (sarcastic)" Holds his hands up and makes an L on each "Oh great I am dyslexic, hey which one jerk?" :lol:

You tell me east, west, south, north and I will get you there, say left and right and I dwiddle my thumbs and whistle.

My strength isn't my Mensa score, my IQ score, my ability to be even in the 10% of the SATs---I got imagination in spades and humor up the wazoo (what is a wazoo by the by?) :confused:

So mock my misspelling all you want, Albert Einstein was said to be a bad speller too!

Albert Einstein- The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian
                                The crappy hotel is telling the story... The hotel is haunted. A big chunk of it is missing.

Granted, the point of the story is SUPPPOSED TO BE that you're transported in time from the crappy haunted hotel as it is today back to the 1930s to see the hotel as it was in its hayday. The point of the boiler room it to highlight this transportation, making it not only temporal but spacial.

In MGM's ToT, you go through the boiler room and load into a service elevator. The shaft and doors are all run down and ugly looking. You go up the shaft seeing the scenes similar to DCA's. Then you float through the 5th dimension room (THE TWILIGHT ZONE) into the guest elevator shaft. Up-down, up-down, etc.

When the wild ride stops, you're in a nice clean looking elevator shaft with nice and clean looking doors.... The doors open and your in the spick and span, hotel lobby... in the 1930s!!!!

DCAs.... load in a service elevator in a boiler room into a run down elevator shaft... Up-down, up-down, etc. End in the same run down elevator shaft... Doors open... You're in the same ugly cement hallway you were in when you loaded. You weren't transported temporally or spacially.

For DCA, the crappy building and boring boilrer room do not tell the same story that they tell in MGM's version of the ride.

And I agree. There was no reason to make it an ugly boiler room in DCA's version. Another room like the library would have been MUCH more interesting since we don't need to highlight the transportation from service elevator to guest elevator.

Comment

Ok smart IQ guy...some of us are DYSLEXIC!

Like most engineers, I'm a horrid speller..... I wasn't pointing out a spelling error... I truely didn't know if there was a joke I was missing... No intent to insult or correct was intended.

Albert Einstein- The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination

By which he meant, ability to imagine the possible patterns, then select the correct one (pattern identification) is the true sign of intelligence, not ability to memorize. In fact, most people that are good at one, really suck at the other. I'm the imagination, not the memorize end of the scale....

This is exactly why so many great engineers are truely horrid spellers!!!

What's the pattern? There isn't one, you have to memorize every word separately! Oh screw that, I'm going back to math and science class!

Comment

By which he meant, ability to imagine the possible patterns, then select the correct one (pattern identification) is the true sign of intelligence, not ability to memorize. In fact, most people that are good at one, really suck at the other. I'm the imagination, not the memorize end of the scale....

This is exactly why so many great engineers are truely horrid spellers!!!

What's the pattern? There isn't one, you have to memorize every word separately! Oh screw that, I'm going back to math and science class!
                                    I am sure you knew what he meant, you and Al go wayyyyyyyy back! :bow:

Comment

ba dum bum!

Comment

ba dum bum!
                                        I need you to follow me around with a snare and symbol---that would certainly punch up all my conversations, te he he :lol:

Comment

I need you to follow me around with a snare and symbol---that would certainly punch up all my conversations, te he he :lol:
                                          Will do, chief! I can do all sorts of sound affects too! (hey, by the way, is this a paid gig?)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X