This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
    Will do, chief! I can do all sorts of sound affects too! (hey, by the way, is this a paid gig?)
    I'll get back to on that one *get in his car, tires squelling as he peels out*

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
      I'll get back to on that one *get in his car, tires squelling as he peels out*
      *hangs head and sadly pulls away giant gong*
      Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
      Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
      Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
      Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
      Marge: Pink.
      Homer: D'oh!
      Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

I am sure you knew what he meant, you and Al go wayyyyyyyy back! :bow:
        I've had long discussions (longer than discussions about how badly the mundane reality theme of DCA really sucks) about quantum strangeness and my buddy Al's search for the theory of everything.....

Not only did I spend a man-year reading books and science journals trying to find the fatal flaw of quantum strangeness, but I spent another man-year reading on Al and his distaste for quantum mechanics that I too share...

I'm sorry, but a particle has a finite state and location whether we know the specific state or location... The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is a statement as to the limits of human knowledge, not a statement of how the universe works....

Or as my buddy Al put it, "God does not play dice with the universe".

In the end, the data forced me to accept the same conclusion that physicists have been forced to accept for the past almost 100 years.... The universe is not real as we usually think of the term.... It is indeed simply the current result of a very complex probability formula.

Al, and I (and almost everyone on earth), were wrong about the basic underlying mechanisms upon which the universe is based.

The point is, yeah, Al and I go way back.

And yes, this kind of thing is what I do for fun when I'm not at a theme park.

Comment

Originally posted by dshimel
          And yes, this kind of thing is what I do for fun when I'm not at a theme park.
          (referring to a long drawn out explanation of his strong emotional and mental connection to the man who liked to stick his tongue out at the camera)
          *Looks around at the rest of the people in the thread* whispearing real horsly
          "Psssssss I think he's talking to you!"

*manic Robin Williams impression* I made a joke- a funny- evoking slight tender laughs often refered to online as Laugh out Loud (LOL) or Laught My Off (LMAO) :lol:

Comment

*Looks around at the rest of the people in the thread* whispearing real horsly
            "Psssssss I think he's talking to you!"

*manic Robin Williams impression* I made a joke- a funny- evoking slight tender laughs often refered to online as Laugh out Loud (LOL) or Laught My Off (LMAO) :lol:

I miss the joke agian.

I have read more than enough about Albert Einstein to know many of his quotes, and the context of them.

I've seen the quote many times in literature and on the net the way you gave it.... "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination". However, I was never able to track down a reference to an actual speach or text where he used that quote.

What he did say quite often is "Imagination is more important than knowledge".

I wasn't going to point out the difference in the quote, because the intent is the same. With imagination, you can figure things out... which is the true sign of intelligence. With knowledge, you're just taking someone else's word for it.

Comment

Paradise Pier stays, SuperStar Limo returns, that dinosaur get's a new pair of sunglasses and everyone is happy.

Comment

humor; n. The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement; One of the four fluids of the body, blood, phlegm, choler, and black bile, whose relative proportions were thought in ancient and medieval physiology to deter...umm not that last meaning.
                Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                Marge: Pink.
                Homer: D'oh!
                Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Originally posted by George Washington
                  Paradise Pier stays, SuperStar Limo returns, that dinosaur get's a new pair of sunglasses and everyone is happy.
                  Disclaimer: The following statement is me being sarcastic*

You... out!

We'll have no agitaters here.... Agree with the majority or you're an idiot, drug user, that has not a single clue what you're talking about....

*Ah_shcuks, that one was for you.

Comment

You... out!

We'll have no agitaters here.... Agree with the majority or you're an idiot, drug user, that has not a single clue what you're talking about....

Dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you butchered my last name!?!?!?!?

(and I have done it a dozen time to you bits his fist)

All kids out of the pool, this is adult swim time! I mean Disney time, all kids out of the park!

How cool would that be? 18 and up Disney night during the winter, role out beer carts and wine tastings- yeah *sings like a drunk* Can you feeeeeeel the lovvvvvvvvvvvvveeee tonight?"

Comment

You... out!

Dshimel, nice, very nice! Sarcasm used in proper doses and at the right times, sometimes at others' expense, is pure genuine comedy!

Comment

Originally posted by George Washington
                        Dshimel, nice, very nice! Sarcasm used in proper doses and at the right times, sometimes at others' expense, is pure genuine comedy!
                        Oh you shut your pie hole Quaker! I thought you and the Amish didn't come to the parks---"Too modern for you" They do have a wild west area and Tom Sawyer's Island so what the problem oatmeal boy? Just playin, your avatar is pure genius :lol:

*This statement was in no way shape or form intended to offend or disparge the hardworking backbreaking amish or quakers of our great country- and if the ACLU reads this, my other alias is Dshimel.*

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
                          humor; n. The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement; One of the four fluids of the body, blood, phlegm, choler, and black bile, whose relative proportions were thought in ancient and medieval physiology to deter...umm not that last meaning.

Now that is funny....

And yeah, I went and looked it up to see if it is really in the dictionary...

Aside, did you know Gullable is not in the dictionary?*

I don't see Ah_shucks comment about Al (Einstein) and I going way back as an attempt to be humorous. More an attempt to discredit my comment as to what was meant by the quote attribtuted to him.

There is a huge difference between a joke and mocking. A joke is intended to cause laughter. Mocking is intended to insult, discredit or harm. What Ah_shucks attempted was mocking. It did not work.

* Punch line(or I guess, answer to the riddle): Yes, but gullible is.

Comment

I don't see Ah_shucks comment about Al (Einstein) and I going way back as an attempt to be humorous. More an attempt to discredit my comment as to what was meant by the quote attribtuted to him.

There is a huge difference between a joke and mocking. A joke is intended to cause laughter. Mocking is intended to insult, discredit or harm. What Ah_shucks attempted was mocking. It did not work.
                            Ouch *single tear ran down the sad clown's face that day*

Comment

Are you trying to say that Disney is not still trying to blend education with fun. The idea of edutainment is still very much alive, in the form of extremely popular attractions like Test Track, Mission: SPACE (hell, all of Epcot), all of Animal Kingdom (even DINOSAUR starts out in a museum), the new Lights, Motors, Action! stunt show seeks to teach guests how special effects and stunts work while being fun. In fact, I would argue that EVERY NON-MAGIC KINGDOM DISNEY PARK is BASED on an educational concept. I think the big problem that DCA is facing is the same problem that Epcot faced when it opened--people know the Magic Kingdoms and expect the other parks to be similar, but Disney goes in a completely different direction, and for good reason. Epcot has grown popular and I feel DCA will, too, in time. What I really don't understand is the complaint that there is nothing there, when it currently has more rides than any other Disney park that I can think of opened. I think the theming of DCA is stellar and I'm actually impressed at how much they fit in so little space. It needs work, but it's also 4 years old. I am sure Disneyland needed a lot of work in 1959, like the MK did in 1975, Epcot in 1986, MGM in 1998, and AK in 2002. It has taken time for every Disney park to become as great as they are today.
                              -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                              I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pyrateslife4me84
                                Are you trying to say that Disney is not still trying to blend education with fun.
                                Trying???? I'm straight up saying!

The idea of edutainment is still very much alive, in the form of extremely popular attractions like Test Track, Mission: SPACE (hell, all of Epcot), all of Animal Kingdom (even DINOSAUR starts out in a museum), the new Lights, Motors, Action! stunt show seeks to teach guests how special effects and stunts work while being fun.
                                Mission:Space is a thrill ride. They're not really educating you

Test Track? What is that trying to teach you? If you race at a block of cement real fast, it will move out of the way and your car will drive itself around a raised track.

Dinosaur Edutainment? The queue maybe, but not the ride.

Everest? ToT? RnRC? Crush? Soarin?

Look at the things in DCA that tried to be educational..... all flopped.

I think the big problem that DCA is facing is the same problem that Epcot faced when it opened--people know the Magic Kingdoms and expect the other parks to be similar, but Disney goes in a completely different direction, and for good reason. Epcot has grown popular and I feel DCA will, too, in time.
                                I think they'll build more good rides, but it will continue to be a park with a sucky, mundane, boring reality park with some good rides.

What I really don't understand is the complaint that there is nothing there, when it currently has more rides than any other Disney park that I can think of opened.
                                You can't go just on attraction count. A wave swing, a mad mouse, an S&S tower, jellyfish, sun wheel, direct lift movies from WDW.

DCA does have some great rides, and NO ONE in this thread claimed that it didn't..... Seriously.... which post complained that there is nothing there????

It is the theme, not the ride or the execution, that is DCA's problem. Non-magical reality.

It has taken time for every Disney park to become as great as they are today.
                                But none of them had the problem of being themed to boring, mundane, real life things that people could easily see, but don't bother to because they're boring or ugly.

Comment

Oy... I can't even trudge through this mess, so I'll just jump in at the end.

Screamin' is a fun ride. I'd keep that. But I get the impression that the "pier" should end somewhere around MaliBoomer, but instead wraps back around to more land...??? I say, next to the Sun Wheel, that's where you build your real pier, that juts out into the lagoon. Then you have a big show building at the end of the pier, which is essentially in the middle of the lagoon. Can still do Dancing Waters around it. Or better yet, a scaled down version of the Electrical Water Parade.
                                  See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                                  78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

YES! Please gut all of Paradise Puddle.

The best thing said about this area is that:

"OOooooo! The reflections on the puddle are pretty!"

and

"Screamin is a long smooth coaster with some good bunny hills at the end."

Someone suggested ripping out Route 66, Jumping Jellys, water play area, Mul Madness, eating areas, and the orange twist, and then extending the San Francisco area. This would certainly make the area more classic styling area. Something that is certainly lacking in DCA. There would be plenty of room to make a San Fran Area the "New Orleans part of DCA. Then set in an E Ticket, Western River Expedition, with a nod to The Adventures of Bullwhip Giffin.

The cost to cover up the Roller Coaster disquised as a Roller Coaster, the Ferris Wheel disguised as a Ferris Wheel would be too high, so rip out the whole 1890's "themed" (I gotta laugh when I say that!) area!

The Whole Puddle area needs a monsterous makeover. (They didn't spend the money to make a worthwhile viewing area for anything like Fantasmic!, nor does it serve ANY function for any attraction! (How idiotic was that!) . But one thing is that is important IS to include some sort of water way. The ONLY area in DCA that has ANY water way is GRRR. (ok and the lame prefabricated fountain in the sun court). Their is a little water in the Wharf area that certainly enhances the aesthetic value. BUT look at ALL the various waterways DL has, Storybookland, the unused Motorboat area, Sub Lagoon, Rivers of America, Jungle Cruise area, King Triton Fountains, and even the pond in front of the Castle, in front of Frontierland and at the entrance to Adventureland! ALL these areas are so much more beautiful with all these touches, and DCA certainly needs to incorporate that MUCH more.

(For that matter, not only is DCA lacking any kind of dark ride. it also lacks COMPLETELY any kind of attraction that's propelled thru water, and leaves you dry! BUT DL has numerous attractions that move you thru water, Small World, Storybookland, Jungle Cruise, Mark Twain, Columbia, Canoes, Pirates).

So, a whole new section that could be added, and already suggested by others, import the more unique aspects of Disney Sea's Little Mermaid Area AND add a few new ideas that I'm sure imagineers have "floating" around. AND of course, ADD the Dark Ride that So Much Deserves to be told about the Little Mermaid herself. Make the vehicle so you would be riding at the bottom of the Sea, and then after a couple scenes, magically convert to a suspended dark ride as you go "bouncing along, at the bottom of, the beautiful briny sea" and eventually get caught in a whirlpool where you come face to face with Ursula, of course, and then find an escape. Just don't give us the lame Jumpin Jellys or the lackluster Triton Carousel, or a carney Fish Coaster. Yes King Tritons Castle would be a Much more magnigicent winner, than the wiener of the coaster that's currently there!

OK, that's just a start.
                                    Last edited by Aladdin; 03-17-2005, 10:55 PM.
                                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

hate to burst your bubble Alladin but they DID build the Little Mermaid area in DCA

they just didn't build it inside

they themed it to something called A Bugs Land

if you read my Saving the Farm thread you'll see that I recommend moving a Bugs Land underground and setting up themeing with the same depth that the Little Mermaid had in TDS

as far as the Little Mermaid goes I've said repeatedly to build a darkride behind Screamin using an omnimover and some amazing effects (in my little Mermaid darkride thread)
                                      "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

You must have missed the part where I said NO lame jumpin jellys, etc. And That is also why I added "New" ideas. I am NOT suggesting building another 3F. And I don't think I've seen a Cirque du whatever show at that Flea Fair

Just to add, I wouldn't hide an attraction like Little Mermaid behind that hideous coaster, Which isn't themed to a [email protected] thing.

The less of Paradise Pier that remains, The less of a legacy left by the Eisner regime!
                                        Last edited by Aladdin; 03-17-2005, 11:15 PM.
                                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aladdin
                                          You must have missed the part where I said NO lame jumpin jellys, etc. And That is also why I added "New" ideas. I am NOT suggesting building another 3F. And I don't think I've seen a Cirque du whatever show at that Flea Fair

Just to add, I wouldn't hide an attraction like Little Mermaid behind that hideous coaster, Which isn't themed to a [email protected] thing.

The less of Paradise Pier that remains, The less of a legacy left by the Eisner regime!
                                          you always have to hide the showbuilding somewere

think Haunted Mansion or indy here

the Coaster is like the Berm and the show building is built behind it, it would of course have a facade on the front so guests could find it and know what it is
                                          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X