This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Why doesn't Hollywoodland have searchlights

I think Hollywoodland would benefit from two or three searchlights on the rooftops of the Hyperion facade. I'm suprised they don't already have any.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

Re: Why doesn't Hollywoodland hae searchlights

Originally posted by imaginashton View Post
    I think Hollywoodland would benefit from two or three searchlights on the rooftops of the Hyperion facade. I'm suprised they don't already have any.
    My first guess, without doing any research, is that such lights would be in violation of the Anaheim Resort District's zoning and use laws.

Comment

Because they look weird from other parts of the resort? That was how I felt when they were used at special events.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

They have them at the Mad Tea Party
        Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
        Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

I'm certin that I have seen them light up the sky before...
          I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

DCA definitely has searchlights. Last year I preferred to ride the Jungle Cruise after DCA closed since it spoiled the illusion of being in a secluded jungle.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
              My first guess, without doing any research, is that such lights would be in violation of the Anaheim Resort District's zoning and use laws.
              Not True At All, in fact the resort district has more freedom than any other area in Anaheim. Its the entertainment region, Baseball Games (Angel Stadium), Hockey Games, Concerts (Honda Center), and Disneyland with all its Fireworks and glory happen here every night.

Hollywood land always has had search Lights since they began Dance Parties in Hollywood land, they have about Six! All in a Circle at Mad T Party, they used the same Search Lights for elecTRONica.

There on every night when Mad T Party Is happening from 6 or 7 - Close.

Also in Disneyland itself, there is a spotlight from Space Mountain, and when ever there is a dance party in Disneyland.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SlRTWHOZgQ

SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Comment

You can even see DCA's spotlights from Disney is you look. Attracting the guest to the Mad Tea Party in Hollywoodland. I agree they would look great on the Hyperion facade, but the facade is pretty crappy so it might be underwhelming.

I feel like spotlights would look great on the Carthay, especially since they want more guest to come in. Why not make the area recreate the opening day of Snow White each day, it'll make it more lively.

Comment

For what it's worth, having fullscale searchlights out every day as part of park deco would radically diminish the impact they have when Disney's using them to draw attention to the limited duration dance parties etc. - using them as punctuation keeps them as an attention focus, not "oh, that's just the Hyperion".
                  Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X