Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Gadget's go coaster closed?

With all the rumors of the subs being closed as cost saving, I was wondering if another attraction slipped by the radar..On my phone app of Disneyland wait times, for the last few days it has listed Gadget's as closed.. and not closed for the night or fireworks, because Roger Rabbit has been listed as open and the last few nights there hasn't been fireworks..I don't see Gadget's go coaster on any of the refurbishment schedules..and unlike other attractions listed on the Disneyland website, it doesn't show hours of operation for the coaster..So i am wondering if Gadget's Go Coaster really closed? and if it is it closed for refurbishment or as cost saving? It would suck if it was just closed,because there is already not alot to do in Toon Town..

Re: Gadget's go coaster closed?

As an off-the-shelf kiddie coaster, Gadget's Go Coaster probably has some of the lowest maintenance costs in the park. I tried looking it up on Disney's refurbishment calendar, but it seems to be offline.

Comment

If it is closed a simple possibility is that a part broke unexpectedly and Disneyland is waiting on a replacement to arrive from Vekoma.

Comment

It's possible it is the App that is in error. On some if an attractions is set as being closed, nobody can post wait times for it.

Are multiple sources showing it as closed?
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Perhaps they've closed it without notice and intend on letting it sit with no notice of activity or replacement?
          Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

I was there Monday and it seemed to be (in the app I use) up and then shut down again frequently throughout the day. I wasn't in Toontown so I don't know if it were an issue of the app being wrong (common), but if the pattern I saw were accurate and it's still showing closed this much later in the week, but not listed as refurb, I'm guessing there's an actual problem of some sort with the ride.

Comment

It was closed when we went on Dec 6th, so it has been a while. Too bad because it is one of my 5yo favorites

Comment

It's definitely not been closed that long. I've been several times since Dec 6 and ridden it. Just not this week.

Comment

Right now MouseWait shows it open with a 20 min. wait.

Comment

Closed due to "technical difficulties" seems to be the answer for everything now a days.

Comment

I was in the park the past three days, and it was closed whenever I was in Toontown. There were a couple of guys in orange safety vests walking around in there.

Comment

They could only be opening it during busier times of the day,
                        DisneyTwins
                        Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by C-HOX View Post
                          I was in the park the past three days, and it was closed whenever I was in Toontown. There were a couple of guys in orange safety vests walking around in there.
                          That definitely makes it seem as though this is just a legit mechanical/technical thing.
                          Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

I'm standing right in front right now and it is open.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X