This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Haunted Mansion question.

So I'm listening to the Haunted Mansion on my computer and I have this question. When you're in the stretching room, there's a voice that is narrating your ride down to the hall. Who is doing the narrating, and did he commit suicide by hanging himself?

I don't want the real name, but the character name in the HM. I hope I asked this correctly.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Re: Haunted Mansion question.

The narrator is the "Ghost Host" and he implies that he escaped the chamber by committing suicide (hanging). You never really know who the "Ghost Host" is. Fan fiction has called him "Master Gracey" or that the Ghost Host is the actual master of the house, but none of this is from the actual script. It's very open ended and open to individual interpretation.

Comment

Ghost Host. And one can assume that the hanging body is the ghost host because he says that there's no way out of the chamber, but there is always my way. His way is through hanging himself. Just a theory.

Comment

Great answers! Thanks for clarifying it for me.
        sigpic

Comment

Ghost Host! With the bone-chilling voice. As for the person hanging guy, here's a link to the story/explenation on Disney Wikia. >> Ghost Host - Disney Wiki
          Princess Jasmine's trainee

Comment

If you want to learn everything about the Haunted Mansion here is the site for you:

Welcome, Foolish Mortals... to DoomBuggies - a Tribute to Disney's Haunted Mansion > Free email, fan forums, multimedia and more...
            Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Doom Buggies is the best site out there for all things Haunted Mansion. Beware though, it will be HOURS before you come up for air.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

There's no way out.

Comment

Interesting question. Interesting thread.

I never really thought much about it. Never having done any research on the story behind the attraction, I guess I always interpreted it as meaning if you try to get out this is what will happen to you. Because there is no way out.

Not so much this is what happened to "me" (meaning the ghost host) when "I" tried to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by CASurfer65 View Post
                    Interesting question. Interesting thread.

I agree, it's a great question in a great thread!
                    sigpic

Comment

This question was posed, and answered in the official haunted mansion thread, which will leave you months without coming up for air, MUCH better that Doombuggies, in my opinion.

Here's the link to that thread:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ms-fright.html

Comment

Originally posted by bondfan2000 View Post
                        This question was posed, and answered in the official haunted mansion thread, which will leave you months without coming up for air, MUCH better that Doombuggies, in my opinion.

Here's the link to that thread:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ms-fright.html
                        If it wasn't for MC, I wouldn't know that there was a back story for a lot of the rides. When i was a kid, it was either a fun ride or it wasn't. Didn't know about the stories that went with them.

I wonder if people who don't visit Disney web sites know about the back stories?
                        sigpic

Comment

I believe the most logical answer to this is Captain Gideon Gorlieu. Nicknamed Captain "Gore." That is the name of the original pirate captain who owned the home according to the back story written originally for the attraction. Long before they ever built the home in fact. It's not official, as there really is no official story to this attraction anymore. But that is how I prefer to see it.

Briefly, Captain Gore owned the home and married a woman named Priscilla. When she found out he was a notorious pirate, he killed her by pushing her out of the attic window. Grief stricken, and haunted by her spirit, the captain hung himself in the rafters.
                          sigpic
                          Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Comment

That's a cool story.
                            sigpic

Comment

How does Disney get away with having a lynching in one of their attractions? It seems to me that the NAACP would be all over them for that.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X