Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

What do you want to see in the new Soarin' Over California?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] What do you want to see in the new Soarin' Over California?

As February inches closer and closer, the closure and refurb of DCA's original saving grace approaches as well. This was the VERY first attraction that I had ever ridden when DCA had just opened. The idea frightened me, but then walking out of it, I was blown away. Now with it getting the proper love and care that it so desperately needs, it has me thinking...

What will be left, redone, or taken out completely, of Soarin'?

Just answer the poll above and see what you would like to see stay or change!

If there's suggestions that you have that AREN'T on the poll, please post them below!
    Updated film quality
    18.87%
    New locations (limited to CA)
    8.02%
    New location (Include CA and other places)
    6.60%
    Keep Patrick Warburton
    16.98%
    Kick out Patrick Warburton
    0.00%
    Update the cloud effect in the first room
    8.96%
    Update the queue area
    8.49%
    Upgraded simulator technology
    9.91%
    A better design of the load/ unload station
    5.19%
    KEEP "PLANES" OUT ENTIRELY
    16.98%
    Last edited by DisneylandMaster; 01-21-2014, 11:29 AM.
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

Re: What do you want to see in the new Soarin' Over California?

I personally love the ride . Updating some of the scenes would be good in my opinion .

Comment

I don't have any problems with the film itself, other than things that can be improved technologically. That said, keep the stirring soundtrack by Jerry Goldsmith.

and MAYBE update the last shot with a current clip of Disneyland.
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I accidentally voted for both staying at places in California and venturing out of...I personally don't mind either way I guess. But keep Patrick Warburton always, he's fantastic!
        Go. Live your dream.

Comment

Keep Patrick and lets leave California. The aviation aspect is more than enough to tie the CA and the condor flats theme. Its not like the attractions absolutely have to relate directly to the park's theme. If that were the case there would be no Journey to the Center of the Earth in Tokyo Disney Sea.
          In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

I think i'd like to see flying in the clouds in between every scene like you fly over the golden gate bride and then you go up and you could only see clouds then you go down and you're in a different destination but youre only going to be in the clouds for less than 5 seconds and also a new finale where you fly over california adventure all the way to the castle to see the fireworks

Comment

I would LOVE to see updated final scene!
              By the way I am new here - excited to join!

Comment

None of the above! I want transitions between scenes/locations. The hard cuts/edits drive me nuts. Disney knows better, but I think people who do not know film or video are in charge of the video. The previous morons destroyed any semblance of story by snapping mid flight to new locations. Real life isn't like that and it decimates the illusion of believable story.

The rest of the poll list is nonsense if they don't fix the primary storytelling screw-up.

IMHO.

(but yes they should keep "Planes" out at all costs!)

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Originally posted by kmelvin06 View Post
                  I think i'd like to see flying in the clouds in between every scene like you fly over the golden gate bride and then you go up and you could only see clouds then you go down and you're in a different destination but youre only going to be in the clouds for less than 5 seconds and also a new finale where you fly over california adventure all the way to the castle to see the fireworks
                  YAY! Kmelvin06 gets it!

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I've suggested that instead of doing a medley of scenes of just a few seconds each, they instead dedicate entire reels to each scene, then rotate them. It will give more depth and immersion to the show while also possibly creating a collector mentality among guests. They'll want to return more often to see shows they haven't seen before, or try to catch the "rare" one.
                    sigpic
                    Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
                      The hard cuts/edits drive me nuts.
                      It's basically this that ruins the entire show for me. At no point do I ever believe I'm there because in 5 seconds I won't be.
                      sigpic
                      Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Comment

I may be among the minority here, but I think that the film should be updated to new location only within California. SOC was one of the few things that they did right in DCA 1.0 and I think other than updating the film quality, queue, and bringing the film up to date, I don't really see anything else that needs to be changed. That being said, I believe Soarin' Over the World would be best for EPCOT since there currently is no significance in the Florida version since they are viewing a film for another state. The World idea would also tie in with World Showcase as well, though the Land Pavilion is in Future World. As for the queue, I'd like to seem them kind of make it more interesting, especially the outside portion before you enter into the hall of aviators. Though the interior of the building does not match the 1920s/1930's theme that the rest of the park has taken on, it doesn't really bother me that much. One thing above all that I think should definitely remain is the Jerry Goldsmith score, definitely one of the best musical compositions written for any theme park attraction and is one of the main selling points of the SOC.
                        "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                        "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

I really don't believe that Soarin' Over the World is the best thing to go into DCA. I think they just need to refilm CA in HD and use the World in Epcot and Shanghai....

Comment

Originally posted by jacobeee View Post
                            I really don't believe that Soarin' Over the World is the best thing to go into DCA. I think they just need to refilm CA in HD and use the World in Epcot and Shanghai....
                            I definitely second that, though for Shanghai, they could almost do a Soarin' version of the Wonder of China film from CircleVision 360, I'd think that would be pretty cool
                            "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                            "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Originally posted by jacobeee View Post
                              But then I'd actually have to decided between TT and Soarin', now FP+ is an easy choice since it's identical, but yes, realistically, I do like your idea!
                              Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X