This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Super Bowl at Disneyland

Hey guys! Has anyone ever been to Disneyland on Super Bowl Sunday? I'd think that since many people would be watching the game that the park would be empty, but I've heard stories about the park being packed on Super Bowl Sunday! What has your experience been?

Re: Super Bowl at Disneyland

Originally posted by ash0338 View Post
    Hey guys! Has anyone ever been to Disneyland on Super Bowl Sunday? I'd think that since many people would be watching the game that the park would be empty, but I've heard stories about the park being packed on Super Bowl Sunday! What has your experience been?
    My buddy went on Superbowl Sunday a few years ago and said that the notion that Disneyland is empty during the Superbowl is BOGUS. He said it was very full.

Comment

My daughter was at DL last year during the Super Bowl. She said it was a typical Sunday crowd, but she and her boyfriend still had fun.

She said the one place that was truely crowded was the ESPN Zone.

Comment

We went to the parks last year on Superbowl Sunday. It was extremely packed! However, after dinner time 6/7pm the crowd let up substantially.
        If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.
        A.A. Milne

Comment

Since my hockey game is most likely going to be cancelled (due to most players wanting to watch the Super Bowl), the wifey and I are thinking of hitting up DL for our usual Sunday evening session.

Comment

It *used* to be dead on Superbowl Sunday. When I was in high school we'd always make a point of being there because we knew we'd get to do everything in the park.

Of course, you also used to have to actually sit and watch the game, rather than stream/blog simultaneously on fifteen websites while standing in line for Pirates.
            Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Or, record it and then watch it in about an hour.

Then, watch it a second time, but only the commercials.

Comment

Yes ESPN alway be pack on and good games NHL - NBA - NFL
                Like so said Now Pad and Smart phone you can get the game and updates
                Most who was in Disneyland was wife and kids
                Not any more.
                AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
                Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                Older photo
                New Photo

Member of
                MiceChat WDW Trip
                Next trip
                2014 Dec, 31

Comment

I went yesterday and I think Disneyland was pretty packed. Maybe it can be blame on an influx of people enjoying their new year. I hope that didn't sound offensive. When I was looking at my wait times app it seemed like California Adventure wasn't nearly as bad as Disneyland. So yes and no for the main question. But I will say when I left the park at 430pm I have never experanced so little traffic on the way home. Think about it, 5PM on the I5 at 70mph+ north all the way through LA. I have never done that before.
                  "Nice work, pal" :thumbup:

Comment

I was there yesterday. It was more packed than it was the day before.

Comment

Originally posted by captain View Post
                      I was there yesterday. It was more packed than it was the day before.
                      That's crazy, you wouldn't think that considering the super bowl is the most watched thing in the history of television!

Comment

Originally posted by SillyRabbit View Post
                        That's crazy, you wouldn't think that considering the super bowl is the most watched thing in the history of television!
                        Like I said, you *used* to have to watch it. Now you can get it in a thousand different feeds and streams both legal and beyond, get updates on your FB page from the teams, get every single play and call off your football blogs etc.

And that's without simply using a net-based TV app to just watch the game.

We're long past the point where a "TV Event" actually entails everyone watching the "event" at the same time and in the same way.
                        Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
                          Like I said, you *used* to have to watch it. Now you can get it in a thousand different feeds and streams both legal and beyond, get updates on your FB page from the teams, get every single play and call off your football blogs etc.

And that's without simply using a net-based TV app to just watch the game.

We're long past the point where a "TV Event" actually entails everyone watching the "event" at the same time and in the same way.
                          Very good point! haha

Comment

Well, considering it was the Seahawks vs Broncos... I can't imagine it being THAT popular on television

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
                              Aint it amazing? The Carousel of Progress?
                              "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X