This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Endless fascinating details on Pirates

- Easily missed, but the there is a mural (?) of trees in the corridor between the Blue Bayou (old man's shack) and the waterfall. I don't think I've ever seen this photographed. It's so dark in there and you can only glimpse it as you approach the waterfall, but it eerily adds depth. This is a recurring motif in the ride, where scenes appear to stretch into infinity, as if you could continue beyond the immediate surroundings of the ride's waterway.

- Directly ahead following the second drop in the caves, there is what appears to be an opening adding further dimension to the ride.

- After the Captain's quarters, you can look through a hole in the cave wall to the left and see the skeleton with the seagull in the beach scene. I don't know why I love this so much.

- The treasure room cave appears to stretch off into the distance as well, as though you could just climb up there and explore the universe.

- The little towers after the pirate ship in the bombardment scene, giving the illusion the boats could continue straight and sail off into the fog instead of hanging a right into the town.

- The forced perspective facades of the town buildings and alleys continuing, especially in the burning scene.

Add more, please.

Re: Endless fascinating details on Pirates

POTC is one of the greatest attractions ever. And there are reasons it is.

It has lots of room, and isn't forced into a box shaped building. It has a truly slow, wandering layout.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I always look away from where they want me to look. I see a room away from the "Don't be cheekin" scene that has just a light in it and it stirs me somehow.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I've ALWAYS been fascinated by the noose. I don't know why.

Comment

This is a wonderful ride, my favorite part of the ride is the music that plays when you go down the first drop, it is incredibly atmospheric to me. Now if they only took out Johnny Depp it would be so much better.

Comment

I do love that one alley in the town that stretches up and back in the burning scene. It feels like you could climb up through there into more streets and then the hills beyond the town.

Fantastic ride.
            "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

There's that low sounding flute after you get to the top of the waterfall right at the end of the ride. I
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

Comment

-The Hidden Mickey on the armor in the last room

-The towers in the battle scene

-The forced perspective in the burning scene

-The cat AFTER Old Bill on the right in the shadows

-The faint background music in the auction scene
                Stopping in the middle is
                DISTINCTLY
                UNPATRIOTIC!

Comment

Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post
                  I do love that one alley in the town that stretches up and back in the burning scene. It feels like you could climb up through there into more streets and then the hills beyond the town.

Fantastic ride.
                  For some reason that's my favorite bit of scenery in that masterpiece of an attraction!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Pirates never ceases to amaze me, probably why it's my favorite ride

I feel like I'm constantly on the search for details on this ride, thanks for the tips!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X