This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Pin Trading!

I just wanted to create this thread for people to talk about pin trading share photos, and stories

Let's get the ball rolling with pictures: https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B...lhCM2xXQ2d3elk
    I :love: Fresh baked!

Re: Pin Trading!

There is a whole Pin Trading section here:

Pin Trading

Comment

I love me some pin trading!! but it doesn't seem to popular here.....
      Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron W View Post
        There is a whole Pin Trading section here:

Pin Trading
        ^ ^ Woooo, pin trading!
        Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Comment

I admit to knowing nothing about pin trading but... I suspect there are a lot of phony pins out there, especially on ebay.

The only pins in which I would be interested, feature the hatbox ghost from Haunted Mansion.
          --
          http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

I'm a novice when it comes to pins and pin trading, though it's very interesting to me! I only recently started buying pins, and even then it's pins I buy for myself and intend to keep. I haven't even dared enter the trading part of it! Though I did buy a mystery box of pins and didn't care for one of them. One of my friends said to trade it with a CM....I hope to try that out for the first time next week

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

Comment

Originally posted by ravencroft View Post
              I admit to knowing nothing about pin trading but... I suspect there are a lot of phony pins out there, especially on ebay.

The only pins in which I would be interested, feature the hatbox ghost from Haunted Mansion.
              Yah which is where i buy cause you buy cheap then trade with the cast members for pins you like. and Lol I have a hatbox ghost pin you could find it for 6.99 and it's real cause i bought one at the parks that is identical

Comment

Originally posted by TanyAnnette View Post
                I'm a novice when it comes to pins and pin trading, though it's very interesting to me! I only recently started buying pins, and even then it's pins I buy for myself and intend to keep. I haven't even dared enter the trading part of it! Though I did buy a mystery box of pins and didn't care for one of them. One of my friends said to trade it with a CM....I hope to try that out for the first time next week
                Yah you can trade with cast members that wear lanyards or have satchels with pins on them and in stores where they have them on display on objects, the rules are 2 trades with each cast member and you must give a pin back but you can pick any pin you like off of them and they have to give it to you as long as you give them any pin in return

Comment

Originally posted by ravencroft View Post

Unfortunately you are exactly correct, there are lots of phonies out there, people call them "scrappers."

Normally if you look at the back of the pin there will be the Disney Pin Trading logo along with the corresponding year the pin came out. This kind of helps determine real ones from fake ones.
                  Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Comment

Originally posted by G242 View Post
                    Yah which is where i buy cause you buy cheap then trade with the cast members for pins you like. and Lol I have a hatbox ghost pin you could find it for 6.99 and it's real cause i bought one at the parks that is identical
                    I am not trying to be rude but if you are buying fakes off ebay and trading them in the parks, you are part of the problem!

Comment

I love pin trading! I used to buy pins off of ebay when I started but then I read more into it and examined the pins more closely and realized they were all fake. So, now I only buy the ones that are new and I usually don't trade with cast members because most of them are fake. Pretty much my whole family is into pin trading and sometimes they do and come back and ask me if it's fake or not and it usually is so I tell them to wait until they trade otherwise they're just throwing away money! So I would say read into it more and only buy the pins on ebay that are sealed and new and not the really cheap ones. I've been collecting seriously for about 4 years.

Here are my pins:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1603.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	7353813Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1604.JPG
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	7353814Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1608.JPG
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	7353815Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1611.JPG
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	7353816Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1615.JPG
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	7353817Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1616.JPG
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	7353818Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1618.JPG
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	7353819Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1620.JPG
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	7353820Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1621.JPG
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	7353821Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1622.JPG
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	7353822Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1632.JPG
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	7353823Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1634.JPG
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	7353824Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1637.JPG
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	7353825

Comment

I used to collect pins until I lost them during a move in 2004.

I just couldn't bring myself to start collecting again

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

Comment

hollyray- GREAT pin collection!! thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Originally posted by G242 View Post
                            Yah you can trade with cast members that wear lanyards or have satchels with pins on them and in stores where they have them on display on objects, the rules are 2 trades with each cast member and you must give a pin back but you can pick any pin you like off of them and they have to give it to you as long as you give them any pin in return
                            Yah, that's a really long sentence.

As for pin trading, never appealed to me. We bought a handful of pins on our trip to WDW but only to commemorate the trip...one from each park, one for christmas and one for the hotel we stayed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Notorious1 View Post
                              hollyray- GREAT pin collection!! thanks for sharing!!
                              Thank you!! I really love to collect and it makes Disneyland that much more fun! Although it's hard to trade nowadays with all the fakes circulating around...and the people at the trading tables (not the CMs) can be picky sometimes lol.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X