This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dapper Day Trip Report as it happens Feb, 2014

13:17 MST.. Finally pulling out of gas station on the corner after topping off. Running roughly 45 minutes behind due to a hectic morning of work meetings.

15:09 MST. Pulled into Exit 1 in AZ, the last stop before Cali. Topped off, got the kids some Wendy’s fries and frosties... back on the road at 15:25 MST

17:26 PST. Sitting at Ball Exit...

17:48 PST. Pulling onto DL Drive. Valeted the car, checked in, and headed up to room by 18:10. (Got a room directly over Napa Rose Facing the Pool (2336). Couldn't ask for a better room unless it would have been facing into DCA on the other side of the hallway.

Waited for Bell Hop to bring up bags, got the kids cleaned up and headed over to DLH for Trader Sam's. Had to wait 20-25mins I'd say for a table to free up. Ended up grabbing two Salmon dinners to go for the two oldest kids from Tangaroa Terrace and the wife and I ordered up some food and drinks from Sam's. I got the Shrunken Zombie Head (with souvenir mug), she, the Mosquito Mojito. She got some Fish Tacos; I got the Ahi Poke as well as the Sweet and Spicy Asian Wings. The zombie reminded me of a Christmas drink with the cinnamon. The wife's mojito was particularly tasty I thought. The food.. she said her tacos were great. The wings had some zing to them, and were OK as wings go. The Ahi seemed lean, lacking that succulent fattiness I'm used to with Ahi.

Afterwards, wandered back towards DTD. Wife was looking at Dooneys at the DLH gift shop... she didn't find any of the prints lining up on the purses to her liking. I got a Grumpy T-shirt and the kids got some trinkets despite me saying to save their money for tomorrow or Sunday.

Youngest was getting tired, but we popped into the convention center, got some pics of the kids in the Autopia car, and then made the LONG (yes, the walk from DLH to even the entrance to the Grand is LONG) walk back through DTD to the Grand. We stopped in the Lego store for a circumnavigation of the place and the kids had a lot of oohs and aahs...

Had to guard this with my life… people will kill for a Haunted Mansion Dooney…

Kids are put to bed now at 22:00. I'm planning tomorrow's adventures, having a few San Tan IPAs I brought in from AZ while sitting on the balcony taking in the sounds of the park and the fireworks booms from DL...alarm set for 05:00
    Last edited by whoever; 02-27-2014, 07:08 AM.

• GraceLovesGoofy
    replied
    Re: My Dapper Day Trip Report as it happens Feb, 2014

Just had to chime in and say what a lovely family you have. Being the parents of three (grown) girls I can definitely relate to your fun-filled trip.
    And your photos are fantastic. How do you wrangle a camera AND 3 lively girls? Impressive!

Leave a comment:

• laferney Road kid
    replied

Wow, it was 50 years ago that I spread out my wall poster map of Disneyland on the asbestos tile floor in the room with the dripping swamp cooler and taking notes in my Big Chief notepad " this E-ticket goes there and this E-ticket goes there, and save the last E-ticket for the train, round and round."

And how many explorers used a horse drawn trolley???

Leave a comment:

• illusent
    replied

Amazing shots! Truly amazing!

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

The upcoming Dapper Day had me going through the pics from the trip last night smiling ear to ear... such wonderful memories. Some people say don't take pics, enjoy the moment. I say do both!!! The pics take you back and make the memories more vivid. At any rate, I found this one I had apparently passed over and just had to add it to the TR... Such calculating/planning girls they are...

I swear, the oldest plans everything out in her head well in advance. She reminds me of myself at her age.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Thanks for coming along! Had a GREAT trip, one of the best ever, for only having a day and a half in-park. Can't wait to do it again. Will have to start saving now if we want to go again in October.

Leave a comment:

• dazyhill
    replied

I love the redwood tile. I will have to take a look at that on my next visit.

Leave a comment:

• Slightly
    replied

AMAZING photo quality and what a beautifully dapper family!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by miz bell View Post
    Gorgeous pictures! And now I deeply regret not getting the dole sipper (but you had to get juice, no whip!), I also pondered heavily on The zombie head...
    good excuse for a drive down to trader Sams
    Thanks! The juice was pretty good. I THINK you can buy just the sipper, without the juice. The zombie head mug is great, I must get all of the TS signature drink vessels for that home tiki bar I've been pondering for the past decade.

Leave a comment:

• miz bell
    replied

Gorgeous pictures! And now I deeply regret not getting the dole sipper (but you had to get juice, no whip!), I also pondered heavily on The zombie head...
    good excuse for a drive down to trader Sams

Leave a comment:

• laferney Road kid
    replied

yes, that is where I found it !!! I didn't want to give it away.

Leave a comment:

• Treasure
    replied

Excellent trip report......Thanks for posting it...

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by laferney Road kid View Post
    I found the hidden mickey!!!! I found the hidden mickey!!!
    But did you find the hidden Mickey on my DD outfit?

Leave a comment:

• laferney Road kid
    replied

I found the hidden mickey!!!! I found the hidden mickey!!!

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

And the loot the wife and I got ourselves….

The wife was treated to a Dooney & Bourke Disney Sketch Crossbody Satchel. I got myself a Disney Grand Californian Adult Beverage Glass.

The Shrunken Zombie Mug from Trader Sam’s…. and A Dole Whip Tiki cup.

And as many of you know, I have a serious affinity for Arts and Crafts architecture/furniture/etc. I fully intend to buy/build myself an A&C place someday, and I will incorporate this tile into it.

Leave a comment:

• ScottG
    replied

What a great TR!
    Your family is adorable and you guys looked so great.
    Thanks for taking the time to post all this!

Leave a comment:

• KellyMcG86
    replied

Your family looks so great in their dapper outfits!!!

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Some random pics I found on the P&S after I had already put together the Trip Report

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

Originally posted by atavuss View Post
    How did the girls handle HM? My son would not go on it until he was older than your girls! .
    They've been on it on 3 previous trips, so did fine. The baby did start crying after the thunder in the stretching room, but was quickly pacified. She didn't mind it last May oddly enough.

Leave a comment:

• atavuss
    replied

What a great write up and super pictures! Thanks for sharing! How did the girls handle HM? My son would not go on it until he was older than your girls!
    BTW, I have never been able to wear a Fedora or other wide brimmed hat while driving, it is very irritating to have the back of the brim touching the head rest of the seat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X