Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to buy tickets?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Best place to buy tickets?

    OK, so I usually buy our tickets online and print them out, however, when I went to purchase them, I saw I am only allowed to use one Disney gift card...and I have 4....

    I will assume if I buy them in a store, they will take all four, but I don't know where to buy them. One of the Disney stores I went to didn't have 2 day park hopper tickets and neither did our grocery store. Does Wal-Mart? Should I check another Disney Store? I know you can also buy tickets at the Resort, but I like having them before we go. Any suggestions would be helpful!
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

    Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

    Next Trip:
    ???


    On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

    Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html


  • #2
    Re: Best place to buy tickets?

    Could you call the resort and buy them via the phone? They might be able to still send them via email that way.

    I really just posted to say: Yay!! Your trip is SO SOON!!!


    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Best place to buy tickets?

      AAA club member

      Only two day 2 I think
      Do you have a costco card?
      Sam Store may be
      AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
      Alan





      Toy Story Mania construction:
      Older photo
      New Photo

      Member of
      MiceChat WDW Trip
      Next trip
      2014 Dec, 31

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Best place to buy tickets?

        I've used multiple Disney gift cards on the phone before. I was buying an AP, not park hoppers, but it wouldn't make sense if you couldn't buy any ticket that way. However, even if you can't calling would probably get you an answer as to whether you can get them at a Disney store or not, or if you're stuck buying in person with that many GCs.

        I might be wrong, but I wouldn't expect you to be able to use Disney gift cards at any non-Disney store, even if though there are many authorized resellers of tickets.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Best place to buy tickets?

          Although I haven't done it myself, I have heard that if you call the number on the gift card you can merge cards. If you try it, be sure to report back!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Best place to buy tickets?

            Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
            Could you call the resort and buy them via the phone? They might be able to still send them via email that way.

            I really just posted to say: Yay!! Your trip is SO SOON!!!
            I did think of that! I think I will try calling first thing tomorrow morning, hoping that works!

            haha I know!! We are getting so excited!!!
            "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
            -your host, your ghost host

            Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

            Next Trip:
            ???


            On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
            in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

            Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Best place to buy tickets?

              Originally posted by akfandisney View Post
              AAA club member

              Only two day 2 I think
              Do you have a costco card?
              Sam Store may be
              Unfortunately, I am not a AAA member or a Costco member. I really don't even know if we have a Sam's club near us haha
              "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
              -your host, your ghost host

              Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

              Next Trip:
              ???


              On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
              in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

              Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Best place to buy tickets?

                Originally posted by theatremouse View Post
                I've used multiple Disney gift cards on the phone before. I was buying an AP, not park hoppers, but it wouldn't make sense if you couldn't buy any ticket that way. However, even if you can't calling would probably get you an answer as to whether you can get them at a Disney store or not, or if you're stuck buying in person with that many GCs.

                I might be wrong, but I wouldn't expect you to be able to use Disney gift cards at any non-Disney store, even if though there are many authorized resellers of tickets.
                Thank you! Calling was going to be my last try before just buying them at the resort. I would assume as well if you were able to buy your AP, I could probably get the park hoppers.
                "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
                -your host, your ghost host

                Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

                Next Trip:
                ???


                On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
                in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

                Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Best place to buy tickets?

                  Originally posted by Trevor View Post
                  Although I haven't done it myself, I have heard that if you call the number on the gift card you can merge cards. If you try it, be sure to report back!
                  That would be really helpful! If I try it, I will definitely let you know if it works!
                  "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
                  -your host, your ghost host

                  Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

                  Next Trip:
                  ???


                  On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
                  in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

                  Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Best place to buy tickets?

                    I purchased our two day hoppers at Discount Tickets and Tours at the GardenWalk. I doubt they will take the Disney gift cards, but the tickets were $10 cheaper than buying through Disney. The list price was $5 cheaper and I printed an internet coupon for an additional $5 each. Saved my family $70.
                    Jeff made me famous!
                    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Best place to buy tickets?

                      For me my Credit Union's Website (Golden 1 Credit Union) offers a very good discount online... I saved about $30/ticket over disneyland.com pricing (and basically, it was disneyland.com, they just redirect). Many Unions and big corporations have a similar setup. Ask around your employers.

                      If you have four cards, go to the Disneystore, and tell them your problem, they can usually consolidate multiple cards into one card without an issue.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Best place to buy tickets?

                        Originally posted by Garrett240 View Post
                        I purchased our two day hoppers at Discount Tickets and Tours at the GardenWalk. I doubt they will take the Disney gift cards, but the tickets were $10 cheaper than buying through Disney. The list price was $5 cheaper and I printed an internet coupon for an additional $5 each. Saved my family $70.
                        I've gotten my tickets there for the past several years.

                        I stay at one of the hotels on Harbor, and usually arrive around 7 or 8PM. It's a short walk down Harbor, and sometimes there's a short line, but usually no line at all.

                        They're $5 or 10 less than DL, plus it's one less line I have to wait in.

                        I also get my Universal tickets there too.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Best place to buy tickets?

                          Other then if receiving a discount, what is the benefit to buying in advance? Getting in a bit quicker I suppose, but I really see no other benefit, I've never waited more then 5 minutes to buy at the gate.

                          Now when I can find a discount in advance, its different, but its not always available.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Best place to buy tickets?

                            Originally posted by jsmith11618 View Post
                            Other then if receiving a discount, what is the benefit to buying in advance? Getting in a bit quicker I suppose, but I really see no other benefit, I've never waited more then 5 minutes to buy at the gate.

                            Now when I can find a discount in advance, its different, but its not always available.
                            For my family and me, it just makes the Disney day start off easier. Everybody is excited to get into the parks and get going. I have five kids, so it's easier to not have to stop and buy tickets with everybody just bursting to get into the park and on their favorite rides.
                            Jeff made me famous!
                            From the Mouth of the Mouse.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Best place to buy tickets?

                              Options:
                              1. You can buy one parkhopper at a time online, use one Gift card each.
                              2. You can send an adult ahead of your crowd by dropping them off while in the line for parking, with the gift cards to buy the tickets when you get to the resort.
                              3. I'm not sure if a non-Disney grocery store is going to accept a Disney gift card. You'd have to find another Disney Store.
                              4. Calling, already stated, might be the best option. Ask them to send the tickets via e-mail, then you can print them before you go.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X