Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

At what point will Disneyland cost more than it is worth?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] At what point will Disneyland cost more than it is worth?

I've been a loyal Disneyland fan for many years and it makes me a bit sad that the parks have reached levels of cost that simply makes it no longer affordable to our family. For many years we have had annual passes and would go to the parks at least once or twice a month. We would always buy food and snacks in the park and the occasional collectible. Last year our passes expired and after sitting down and doing the math we realized that the cost to go to the parks just doesn't justify the amount of money we spend there anymore. Besides the cost the overall park experience has declined as well. Long gone are the slow off season days when we would just walk right on most attractions. Doesn't seem to matter what time of year you go now it's always pretty crowded.

I know some of you are die hard Disney fans and I have some friends that fall into this category. You will pay whatever price Disney tells you to pay no matter what. What about the rest of you? What price level will be your honest breaking point?
    $200-$300 per day
    67.24%
    $300-$500 per day
    10.34%
    $500 Lowest Price AP
    13.79%
    $1000 Lowest Price AP
    8.62%
    sigpic

Re: At what point will Disneyland cost more than it is worth?

I think the point when tickets get to be around $150 for a single day is when I would pull the plug on visiting as often. Instead of trying to go once a year I would go once every other year.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

200-300 per day

Comment

Since it will have been at least 3 to 4 years before we return, the answer is "now".

Comment

I've let my AP lapse, too. I'm looking at the 2 day/$129 pass but for the most part, I'm priced out. It's gone downhill, it's always crowded (though people say there are still slow days, I never used to end up on those days), and I just wasn't having fun.
          I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

A year and half ago. We've been once since then but only because we won the trip. I miss it and want to go back, but I won't pay their prices or the neighboring hotel prices either. I'll just keep trying to win another trip.

Comment

When they bring FP+ to DLR.

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                I second that
                "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Really, any of those prices. Or FP+.
                  Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

This probably more than prices tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
                      Since it will have been at least 3 to 4 years before we return, the answer is "now".
                      Ditto.
                      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Not sure how to answer this one. s for now i'd say never. If it ever gets to those options above I would need to know how much money I was making versus the inflation rate. Perhaps when the lowest tier costs 500 dollars it would be the equivalent of 100 dollars today.

If based on today's money I think 200 a day is too much.
                        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                        My company had a special night at the park
                        WdW trip report with WWoHP
                        NYE 2011 trip report
                        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                        Leap year 24 hour report
                        New DCA trip report
                        NYE 2012
                        HKDL trip report

Comment

This will be the day I stop visiting. I thought one day I may return to Disney World, (visited in 2011) FP+ changed my mind on that. I doubt I'll ever go to Disney World again, hope to visit Universal though.
                          Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

When 3 day tickets cost $450 I wouldn't go, or when the cheapest usable As is about $1000. With as crowded as it is, prices are way to cheap across the board.

Comment

For annual passes, I'll pay a lot. Individual tickets, I would probably not pay more than $150 a piece.

I, too, am very worried about FP+ coming to DLR. What makes it worth it to me, is that I can use 4 to 5 fast passes a day to ride the rides that I want to ride. Then coming for the day is worth the cost. We don't really like shows or parades, and I don't want someone telling me that I can't ride as many rides, but why don't you take in these great shows? Nah.

If they severely restrict my ability to ride the rides I like, then it won't be worth the money.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X