X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Avengers 1/2 Marathon

Runners Assemble – Super News From runDisney « Disney Parks Blog

A new Avengers themed run is going to happen Nov 14-16 with kids races, 5k and 1/2. Sounds fun!

Re: Avengers 1/2 Marathon

I can see it now - halfway through the run, a giant robot descends from the Heavens flattening the Hyatt and Castle Inn with each foot respectively and it's UP TO THE RUNNERS TO STOP HIM!
    Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Arrggghhh all the awesome stuff happens during my work weeks!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
      KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

I am very interested in doing this race (my first Disney race). I will be coming from out of town. Does anyone have any recommendations/tips for the race and staying in the Anaheim Resort area? I am also hoping to get some park time in (do the races make the parks more crowded or are the runners not that interested in going to the parks?)

Comment

i'm in!! i want to see the medal!
          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
          My company had a special night at the park
          WdW trip report with WWoHP
          NYE 2011 trip report
          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
          Leap year 24 hour report
          New DCA trip report
          NYE 2012
          HKDL trip report

Comment

Great investment so far in marvel. A few marginal exhibits of marvel in the parks and a run.

Comment

Originally posted by Callaghans View Post
              Great investment so far in marvel. A few marginal exhibits of marvel in the parks and a run.
              I think you are forgetting about the piles of money they are making off of the films and merchandising, so yes it was a great investment.
              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Can't wait to see all the kiddos dressed as super heroes!
                Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Comment

Kind of bummed there is no 10K for this one like there is for all the others. But it is nice that they made another one for this coast instead of doing it all for WDW.

Since they moved Tinkerbell from Jan to May next year & supposedly permits are still on file for Jan 2015 to do another marathon, I'm hoping that means we'll get the rumored Star Wars one too.
                  WDW has Star Wars week already, so we should be allowed to have the marathon if it happens Besides, they have so many more runDisney events than us anyways
                  Just my opinion of course.

I'll try anything once, twice if I like it & the 3rd time it's an addiction.
                  This years Tinkerbell was my 1st runDisney experience. Dumbo will be my 2nd.
                  Avengers, here I come. Can we guess what my new addiction is
                  A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
                  https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
                  http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
                  http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

Comment

yes please

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
                      I can see it now - halfway through the run, a giant robot descends from the Heavens flattening the Hyatt and Castle Inn with each foot respectively and it's UP TO THE RUNNERS TO STOP HIM!
                      Lol, more like they're flattening those two properties to make room for more Disney expansions :lol:
                      "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                      "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Physical labor is one of my own personal enemies/demons. But the announcement of this Half-Marathon almost makes me want to defeat it, the same way the Avengers defeat a threat... :thumbup:

Seriously, I'd consider this one!

Comment

So the runDisney website indicates that The Avengers will be out to cheer on the runners. Does this mean that DL will be getting Avenger face characters (beyond Thor and Captain America)? Also, how will they be able to pull off an Incredible Hulk character? (Unless they have the character be Bruce Banner and not The Hulk, which would be lame).

Comment

Originally posted by notlemc View Post
                            So the runDisney website indicates that The Avengers will be out to cheer on the runners. Does this mean that DL will be getting Avenger face characters (beyond Thor and Captain America)? Also, how will they be able to pull off an Incredible Hulk character? (Unless they have the character be Bruce Banner and not The Hulk, which would be lame).
                            Maybe he will be the size of Sully or Beast
                            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                            My company had a special night at the park
                            WdW trip report with WWoHP
                            NYE 2011 trip report
                            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                            Leap year 24 hour report
                            New DCA trip report
                            NYE 2012
                            HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by notlemc View Post
                              I am very interested in doing this race (my first Disney race). I will be coming from out of town. Does anyone have any recommendations/tips for the race and staying in the Anaheim Resort area? I am also hoping to get some park time in (do the races make the parks more crowded or are the runners not that interested in going to the parks?)
                              Stay close. The roads can be a mess, and it starts early. So really staying onsite or just across the Esplanade on Harbor makes a huge difference.

Little difference in crowds. That is when the Holidays start and it's a little busy on Friday-Sunday.
                              Be Cool Stay in School!
                              Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X