Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Disneyland remove the trees through the hub?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Will Disneyland remove the trees through the hub?

Today Disney posted a video of Magic Kingdoms new hub layout. It would create new pathways, new viewing areas for fireworks, and at the same time enhance the Hub with gardens and new scenery.
    Around 2009 Magic Kingdom removed all of its trees throughout the hub in order to create a non obstructive view for firework viewing. Here is a mice chat form talking about the project; http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...-massacre.html
    Im afraid that one day Disneyland will move in this direction to help with crowd flow and create more viewing areas around the hub and remove its tree jungle and create a concert jungle. The trees around the hub give Disneyland the charm it has and gives guests great shade during hot days. Do you think Disneyland would do something like Magic Kingdom?

Re: Will Disneyland remove the trees through the hub?

What's funny is I actually had to look up whether or not the Magic Kingdom's hub actually had trees or not. I guess my eyes are always attracted to the castle. I never really had a huge problem with it.

I know Disneyland changes out the trees when they get to big. It's up to them to determine if the trees are hindering the guest experience. If it is determined that it is hindering the experience, they may have to take further action.

I honestly never really had a problem with the MK's hub, but that's just me.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

less trees=more people=more money

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post

I know Disneyland changes out the trees when they get to big. ....
        I know sometimes they remove the big trees when they make things around them look smaller. Back in the 1990's, they took out a bunch of big pine trees near the Matterhorn because they got too big and made the Matterhorn look smaller. They put in new smaller trees and somehow, magically, the Matterhorn grew in size...

If the trees get so big that they make the Castle look smaller as you walk up Main Street, I would not be surprised to see them removed or exchanged for smaller trees.
        Jeff made me famous!
        From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett240 View Post
          I know sometimes they remove the big trees when they make things around them look smaller. Back in the 1990's, they took out a bunch of big pine trees near the Matterhorn because they got too big and made the Matterhorn look smaller. They put in new smaller trees and somehow, magically, the Matterhorn grew in size...
          Trees are replaced for that very reason, and for the viewing of fireworks and F!.

I do think it's possible that the hub could also get redesigned to provide more space for viewing. Shrink the gardens around the Partners Statue like they did in the MK. Remove trees from in front of the Plaza Inn, and Jolly Holliday Bakery. Pave over Pixie Hollow.

I agree with Disney Twins, no real problem with the current MK hub, it is huge and wide open compared to DL. It will be more so with its coming changes.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

When I was at DL a few weeks ago, I felt like the trees around the Matterhorn were way overgrown.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00163.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	7355075

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett240 View Post

If the trees get so big that they make the Castle look smaller as you walk up Main Street, I would not be surprised to see them removed or exchanged for smaller trees.
              Wow, I never thought about that!
              Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Comment

Originally posted by brendonb28 View Post
                less trees=more people=more money
                Don't forget guest satisfaction as they can snow see the fireworks.
                DisneyTwins
                Since May 2003

Comment

Wow!!! I was going thru a collection of vintage postcards this morning and one of main street station showed the hub trees and my first response was, "Were those trees that big three months ago?"

Comment

My opinion is I always thought the hub at MK is too barren and the DL one is just right. I wouldn't want to lose that feeling for firework viewing. The rendering of the new MK hub looks ok to me but that in Disneyland would look odd and dis proportioned IMO.
                    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                    My company had a special night at the park
                    WdW trip report with WWoHP
                    NYE 2011 trip report
                    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                    Leap year 24 hour report
                    New DCA trip report
                    NYE 2012
                    HKDL trip report

Comment

Ad Widget