• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • disneygogetter
    MiceChatter
    • Feb 2014

[Question] When will Frozen die out?

When do you think Frozen will die out and make the lines and merch at the parks more available?
  • Capt Hook
    Banned User
    • Jun 2006

Re: When will Frozen die out?

Not for a long long time and hope never. This movie is so powerful speailly with the song of Let It Go playing every where and people like myself sings it almost every day. I really don't think it will die.

Comment

• Capt Hook
      Banned User
      • Jun 2006

Send this movie has come out I haven't stop thinking about it speailly with Queen Elsa she is all I think of anymore. I've been more wanting to see her then any of the other characters at Disneyland even my best friends there namely my Tiana and my first and second favorite Ariel. So I don't think it be dieing for me.

Comment

• swampymarsh
        Under that tree again!
        • Nov 2011

When the next Disney Princess movie comes out. No joke, this really seems to be the case now.
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• superlarz
          MiceChatter
          • Mar 2013

It is still making money at the Theaters and the video release in a few weeks. I think the popularity will actually increase for the first few weeks following the video release. Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't die down until after next winter.

Comment

• hollyray
            MiceChatter
            • Jan 2014

I hope soon. Don't get me wrong, Frozen was GREAT. But...if Disney gets the wrong message and starts putting Frozen attractions in the park, I'll be more than disappointed. The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast easily top Frozen imo.

Comment

• jawknee
              What's that word again?
              • Sep 2010

Lines for what?

Comment

• Macro
                Thinking about doughnuts
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jawknee View Post
                Lines for what?
                The meet n greet is apparently quite a wait. People keep asking about the best time to hit the shortest line.

Comment

• Rex Dopey24
                  Goofy
                  • Jul 2006

it will die out eventually. nothing lasts forever in this life.

Comment

• Capt Hook
                    Banned User
                    • Jun 2006

I didn't like the Lion King so not seeing anything from that movie wouldn't upset me.

Comment

• Nirya
                      Not the Hawkguy
                      • Jul 2013

Well it did just win Oscars for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song, and with the home-video release coming up soon, it'll probably remain popular through next winter.

Comment

• Disneytwins
                        • Oct 2005

All I know is the constant playing of this song is driving some people a little nutty.

It's like Adele. Fantastic at first until they keep slapping it into your face and then you never want to hear that song again. They're going to beat the crap out of it until it dead. And then beat the dead horse even more.
                        DisneyTwins
                        Since May 2003

Comment

• Capt Hook
                          Banned User
                          • Jun 2006

Let It Go, Let It Go That prefect girl is gone. Here I stay and here I'll stand, Let the storm rege on the cold never borthed me anyway.

Comment

• film975
                            film975
                            • Oct 2010

It is amazing how well this movie is doing. According to MSN Movie News, FROZEN has just passed the billion dollar mark in worldwide grosses. Here's a link to that article... 'Frozen' makes history as it grosses over $1 billion worldwide - MSN Movies News. I find myself listening to "Let It Go" on YouTube a lot. I think the film truly deserves its Oscar wins.

Comment

• DisCollector
                              MiceChatter
                              • Nov 2012

Apparently, MSN forgot that Toy Story 3 actually made over one billion before Frozen did, so no, they did not make animation history. Also, when you adjust the inflation for gross Lion King is #18, where as Frozen is #113.

While, I think Frozen is absolutely amazing, has stunning animation, brilliant songs, and a touching story, it isn't the most successful Disney film of all time like a lot of people in the media keep projecting it to be.

Anywho... I think Frozen will be in talks for quite awhile at the rate it is going. It's popularity doesn't seem to be slowing down now and I don't think it will anytime soon. It being released to video will only fuel it more and may continue to grow. However, as others said, it can't last forever. When a new Princess, or film will start making way, the focus will be on that film, or Princess and not so much Frozen anymore.

Comment

• Witches of Morva
                                Minion
                                • Jan 2005

ORDDU: I say let FROZEN enjoy its popularity for as long as it can. It's not hurting anyone. Over the years various Disney properties have been wildly popular and for some odd reason it always seems to bother certain individuals. When Winnie the Pooh was all the rage it seemed to anger some. Likewise, the popularity with princesses seems to get under the skin of others. But it is what it is and certainly not worth losing any sleep over. The masses know what they like and if you don't happen to fall into step with their tastes just focus on what appeals to you and let others enjoy themselves.

Comment

• fifthrider
                                  Banned User
                                  • Oct 2008

Well that's about as sensible of a thing as could be said. I agree.

There's plenty of Disney franchises I look at and think "It's nice, but it's not for me" but that doesn't stop me for being happy for the fans who like it, and for Disney for having a hit. I'll be honest, there's quite a few that bug me mostly because I've heard Hakuna Matada and Under The Sea one too many times and wish it would stop. Would I ruin someone else's good time over it? Not a chance.

Personally I'm kind of intruiged that they were able to take that little structure between Pinnochio and Village Haus and put it to such good use. I check my MouseWait app every day just to see how the lines are doing and wow, that line for Frozen is always long.

Comment

• Mackster
                                    Banned User
                                    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by hollyray View Post
                                    I hope soon. Don't get me wrong, Frozen was GREAT. But...if Disney gets the wrong message and starts putting Frozen attractions in the park, I'll be more than disappointed. The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast easily top Frozen imo.
                                    Oh... I'm just waiting for them to change the matter horn and give it a Frozen theme.

Comment

• biggsworth
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Apr 2009

I don't sense anytime soon. Just look at Sleeping Beauty or Snow White etc still going strong.
                                      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                      My company had a special night at the park
                                      WdW trip report with WWoHP
                                      NYE 2011 trip report
                                      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                                      Leap year 24 hour report
                                      New DCA trip report
                                      NYE 2012
                                      HKDL trip report

Comment

• LordVader
                                        Heavy Breather
                                        • Jun 2012

Never, unless Big Hero 6 turns out to be a HUGE hit.

Honestly, I'm glad for its popularity. Disney hasn't had an animated smash since Tarzan. It's wonderful to see people embrace this movie into their lives, and it will probably live on as a classic.

Oh, and people are talking about a Frozen attraction coming. It's not gonna happen....not for a long time. Remember how long it took for Little Mermaid to get one. What about Beauty and the Beast, or The Lion King...oh wait, they don't have one.
                                        sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X