Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Little Mermaid new ending scenes!

Im pretty excited about this. what about you guys

Disneyland 60th Anniversary

Re: Little Mermaid new ending scenes!

Yeah I'm pretty stoked too to see how the changes play out.

Comment

When he mentioned condensing the final scene, I at least hope that they get rid of those Under the Sea clones (basically anyone who is NOT a main character). I'm also holding out for a better transition than what is already there.
      Stopping in the middle is
      DISTINCTLY
      UNPATRIOTIC!

Comment

Just don't anyone go getting their hopes up of some major thing.

It sounds like they will most likely cut out the shadow kissing in the doorway scene and take up some of the space from the wedding finale scene to do this. They still aren't going to have a ton of space, and 7 weeks down time isn't a lot of time to make some major alteration.

NOTE: what follows is me just me dreaming
        Though, if they have been prepping and have everything ready to go, who knows. Would be awesome to get a more basic animatronic, some wind and projection effects going in a little scene of her death.

Guess we'll find out. Though anything is better than what is there now.
        Last edited by mycroft16; 03-04-2014, 11:34 AM.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I wouldn't suggest getting your hopes up. These changes may or may not happen. We don't know. Let's wait and see.
          Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Originally posted by jasmineray View Post
            I wouldn't suggest getting your hopes up. These changes may or may not happen. We don't know. Let's wait and see.
            That's understandable, but it still feels great at what COULD be. It is under a "rumor" category after all.
            Stopping in the middle is
            DISTINCTLY
            UNPATRIOTIC!

Comment

I'm actually curious to see how this plays out. I'm fine with them changing the Under the Sea seen to be a little more "black light ish" (along as they don't remove Mr. Limpet) but I would not be happy with modifying the finale scene to get more real estate for the Ursula scene. They can add whatever Ursula scene they want as long as it is not too scary (this is a family ride after all) and it uses the space and ONLY the space that the kissing scene currently occupies.
              "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
              "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

I've adjusted to the ending being as it is now but any tweaks to enhance the scene are always good. I'm more excited about the lighting changes to Under the Sea.

Comment

You know I've been on that ride alot and I still have never seend the shadow of Ursrula anywhere. The only Ursula I ever see is the made one with her spells are at.

Comment

I hope this happens. If so, I imagine the rocks with the random dancing turtle and lobsters will be removed, and Sebastian/King Triton could move inward a bit. For Ursula, it would be most effective/badass imo to have a gigantic Ursula Head rise out of a hole but not all the way with some tentacles also coming out on the side. Of course, she wouldn't rise all the way.

Comment

So Mermaid will finally be would it shoulda been 4yrs ago? I am all for shorteing the wedding scene. The AAs are redundant and don't need all that space. All they need is Ariel, Eric, Triton, Flounder and Sebastian. That's it....

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook View Post
                        You know I've been on that ride alot and I still have never seend the shadow of Ursrula anywhere. The only Ursula I ever see is the made one with her spells are at.

On the right side of the track, on the back wall, right before the silhouetted kiss scene.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                          On the right side of the track, on the back wall, right before the silhouetted kiss scene.
                          I have never seen that before.

Comment

you know I know they really aren't gonna do anything because every time I get my hopes up that they will, they dont, but im holding out hope that they have a plan and have been building stuff backstage so they can install it in the 6 week refurb. Hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook View Post
                              I have never seen that before.
                              I think that's why most people want a larger Ursula presence in the finale because she is very hard to notice and seems more like an afterthought
                              "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                              "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X