Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ariel's Princess Lunch

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Ariel's Princess Lunch

    Do they still have this at Ariel's Grotto? If so what Princesses do you get to meet? I did this a few years ago (like 6 or 7) but I can't seem to remember who we met at the time. Also if I wanted Ariel to deliver a birthday cake or a birthday cake brought out along with the meeting of Ariel how would i go about making this happen?

    http://www.facebook.com/DisneylandGirlsPage

  • #2
    Re: Ariel's Princess Lunch

    I haven't done Ariel's in years but when I did do it the only Princess they had where. Ariel,Snow White,Aurora,Cinderella & Belle. Sometimes Jasmine,Mulan or Fairy Godmother who pop in to replace one of the other Princesses that is not there but like I said I haven't done Ariel's in a long time. I think the last time I did her was back in 2010.
    To my respect from a Dodger fan.



    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ariel's Princess Lunch

      Ariel greets you at the bottom of the stairs before you're sat for your meal. Then, four of her friends (normally Cinderella, belle, Snow White, and aurora, though there may be substitutions) come through and visit each table. The princesses don't generally deliver cakes, and dessert is usually served after they have left the immediate dining area.

      So the short version is that Ariel probably won't be slicing up pastries for your party. Sorry. But the servers can deliver it and sing a birthday song.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ariel's Princess Lunch

        Originally posted by Capt Hook View Post
        I haven't done Ariel's in years but when I did do it the only Princess they had where. Ariel,Snow White,Aurora,Cinderella & Belle. Sometimes Jasmine,Mulan or Fairy Godmother who pop in to replace one of the other Princesses that is not there but like I said I haven't done Ariel's in a long time. I think the last time I did her was back in 2010.

        I've also seen Tiana as well in the line up. I've only done Breakfast and Dinner but if the lunch menu is like the dinner menu, the food is good and you are guaranteed photo ops with Ariel and four of the princesses from the "princess pool"
        "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
        "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ariel's Princess Lunch

          We did the meal here and were genuinely unimpressed with the experience as compared to meeting the princesses at the Princess Fantasy Faire.

          At the meal (which is outrageously expensive), the princesses stop at your table, pose for a photo, and move on. That is IT. There is no conversation with the kids, maybe two sentences if they are lucky. They walk up, say hello, offer a hug to any children in the party, say "let's take a picture!" and say goodbye.

          At the Princess Fantasy Faire, the princesses will have a full conversation with any members of your party that wish to talk, and you are never rushed to move on (and that's even with a big line always behind you!). They give you their complete attention and each vignette is intimate.

          I really don't feel there is value in the Ariel's Grotto meal. But that's just my opinion. It's maybe worth mentioning that we had a party of 8 adults and 2 children and all of the adults agreed with this, that the princess experience was a million times better at the free Meet & Greet.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ariel's Princess Lunch

            Originally posted by threnjen View Post
            At the meal (which is outrageously expensive), the princesses stop at your table, pose for a photo, and move on. That is IT. There is no conversation with the kids, maybe two sentences if they are lucky. They walk up, say hello, offer a hug to any children in the party, say "let's take a picture!" and say goodbye.
            I think that may be partly due to crowds and can vary. When we went last year, I'd say it was more or less like you describe. But it was busy, with lots of tables occupied both inside and out, and I'm sure they have a lot of tables to hit in a limited amount of time. When we went for breakfast in January 2011, though, it wasn't as crowded. I think there were still available tables inside, if I remember rightly, and nobody outside. The princesses all came right to our table first (lucky seating!) and they spent a surprising amount of time chatting with my daughter. It was a great experience. But I grant that it was probably an off-season weekday thing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Ariel's Princess Lunch

              Originally posted by threnjen View Post

              At the meal (which is outrageously expensive), the princesses stop at your table, pose for a photo, and move on. That is IT. There is no conversation with the kids, maybe two sentences if they are lucky. They walk up, say hello, offer a hug to any children in the party, say "let's take a picture!" and say goodbye.

              This.
              sigpic

              This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Ariel's Princess Lunch

                Hmm. Ill talk it over with my sister. Its what she requested for her birthday but if its better at the Princess Faire then we may just stick with that. Are there any good places to eat for a birthday lunch/ dinner besides ariels grotto? We've done Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast but thats about it. Im doing two birthday's this next trip my sister's who will be turning 19 and my son who will be turning 1.

                http://www.facebook.com/DisneylandGirlsPage

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Ariel's Princess Lunch

                  Originally posted by numberfour View Post
                  Hmm. Ill talk it over with my sister. Its what she requested for her birthday but if its better at the Princess Faire then we may just stick with that. Are there any good places to eat for a birthday lunch/ dinner besides ariels grotto? We've done Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast but thats about it. Im doing two birthday's this next trip my sister's who will be turning 19 and my son who will be turning 1.
                  I think if its something she wants for her birthday then I say go for it! Character dining usually doesn't involve a lot of conversation because you're eating after all. I like the location and the food here, and I had no issues with the characters. No matter what you guys are going to have a great time!
                  Jeff Wayne






                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Ariel's Princess Lunch

                    Originally posted by threnjen View Post
                    We did the meal here and were genuinely unimpressed with the experience as compared to meeting the princesses at the Princess Fantasy Faire.

                    At the meal (which is outrageously expensive), the princesses stop at your table, pose for a photo, and move on. That is IT. There is no conversation with the kids, maybe two sentences if they are lucky. They walk up, say hello, offer a hug to any children in the party, say "let's take a picture!" and say goodbye.

                    At the Princess Fantasy Faire, the princesses will have a full conversation with any members of your party that wish to talk, and you are never rushed to move on (and that's even with a big line always behind you!). They give you their complete attention and each vignette is intimate.

                    I really don't feel there is value in the Ariel's Grotto meal. But that's just my opinion. It's maybe worth mentioning that we had a party of 8 adults and 2 children and all of the adults agreed with this, that the princess experience was a million times better at the free Meet & Greet.
                    That would sum up our experience last October as far as the amount of time they got with the characters. Our party was 3 total and it wasn't that busy as there were probably 1/3 of the tables empty when we were there. I also recall that we had mostly the substitutions not the main princesses the second poster mentioned.

                    Also our meeting with Ariel was very rushed. We've done the expensive character deals like this at WDW in their castle and it was horrible food, but the character interaction was much better and not rushed. At Ariel's Grotto the interactions sucked but the food was good. I guess you can't have it all at a Disney Character Meal.

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X