Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

What's your dream tomorrowland ?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] What's your dream tomorrowland ?

I just wanted to know what you guys wish tommorowland could be

Re: What's your dream tomorrowland ?

Same way it is now, but all the rides have no lines and you get to walk right on! That's a good dream right?
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Comment

Well, my list for Tomorrowland is quite long but I'd imagine that other people have long "wish lists" for Tomorrowland too.
      "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
      "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

As a life-long Star Wars fan, I'm not as averse to the property invading TL as others are. That said, I'd like it to be a nice balance of Walt's original TL vision and Star Wars, not a full-on SW land.

Mostly though, I'd just like the Astro Orbitor moved back to a high perch and something to be done with the Peoplemover track. (But that horse has been beaten enough, I know.)
        "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

Comment

ROCKET JETS.......Get rid of the Astro-Orbiter and put the Jets back on top of TL where they belong. Add a couple more controls and range of motions so our pilots can have 22nd Century fun up there!

PEOPLEMOVER.......It needs to be done; TL is desperate for more movement and the PM is the cure. Obviously, it will have to be built differently than the 1960's version; Enclosed, with air-conditioning, and state of the art voice communication software....I want my PM to talk to me along the way, answering questions, making reservations for dining, telling me how long the line is for Roger Rabbit, etc.

SPACEBUS TO MARS..........A more realistic look at what a space journey might be like in the not-so-very-distant future to replace star tours.

ADVENTURE THRU INNERSPACE 2.0...............A thrilling journey to the center of a neutrino.

STARCADE DINER
          .........Utilizing both floors of the Starcade all the games will be replaced with Unique-to-Disneyland arcade style games. Also, scattered throughout will be restaurant booths where you can order a meal using a screen built into the tables.....when you're done ordering the screen will turn into an arcade game that you and your party can all play while waiting for your food to come......which will be brought to you by a smiling robot

TRON........ A thrill ride loosely based on the movie. Using the Pizza Port plus area behind Space Mt in backstageland(don't bore me with details on how they can't do this....they can do anything, they are Disney....the same company that managed to relocate a 110 acre parking lot surely won't have a problem doing this)

SPACE BEAR COSMIC HOEDOWN............taking up residence in the old Magic Eye Theater, the bears are back.....back from outer-space that is with great "new" songs like Teddi Berra's Calling Occupants and Big Al's Space Oddity.

SPACE MT.........Small improvements to the queue and exit(including speedramps in place of stairs) and maybe a little updating on the special effects but mostly left alone as is.

HORIZONS....Using the Carousel Theater again prepare for a journey to the future; similar to the Carousel of Progress but more forward looking.....like EPCOT's old Horizons attraction but presented theater style. Exiting Horizons one will go up a speedramp and visit an Apartment of the Future.....a few things in this apartment will be items that might be available in the near future, but much of what we find will be more fantasy; based things that are no where near (and likely never will be on) store shelves.

SKYWAY.....A new Skyway station will be built right where the old one once was.....but this time with -3- different destinations; Fantasyland, DCA, and the new Tomorrowland Hotel(Hojo) across Harbor Blvd.

HOVERTOPIA.....Autopia's roads will be replaced with large round plates with air underneath(think flying saucers) and new futuristic cars will hover their way thru a truly futuristic highway where little drivers and old alike will have a "blast" piloting their own vehicles

EXPEDITION EUROPA..........Bye, bye Nemo.......Journey under the ice of the Jupiter moon and discover an allien world teaming with life.

WALKWAYS.....Fiber optics embedded into the cement throughout TL, creating a sort of walking on the stars effect at night

DIORAMAS..... Grand Canyon transformed into a glowing nighttime future city......Primeval World transformed into a moonscape, with Neil Armstrong's Eagle Landing on the moon before our eyes.
          Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

^^^^^
            I like this. The only changes I'd make would be to put an actual duplicate of Horizons in there, rather than the theatre version. Also, I'd like to see more "life" in Tomorrowland with it looking more like an actual future community (I'm thinking something fun like The Jetsons, or Meet the Robinsons).
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I'm REALLY excited for all of the cool technology that is on our horizon, so I'd love it if there were exhibits or rides that actually really did show what it will be like to live in the future. I think that things like 3-D printing, augmented reality (not Google Glass though, something less bulky and dorky-looking), virtual reality, self-driving cars, artificial intelligence, and a manned mission to Europa are all things that I am really hoping to see in my lifetime.

So, here is my "New" Tomorrland

1. Mission: Europa (former Autopia -- Mission Space except they drop the whole training part of it and you really are on a trip to Europa)
              Take a flight from Earth to the icy moon Europa, which is the only realistic place in our solar system that might have any kind of complex life

2. Europa Subs [you stole my idea before I ever had a chance to post it sleepyjeff!!!] (Mission Europa exits directly into the submarine voyage, creating the world's first 2-in-1 attraction)
              Explore an alien ocean and observe all of the alien extremophiles that inhabit Jupiter's icy moon

3. World's Fair 2025 (former Innoventions -- basically the idea behind Innoventions only they actually really do update it ever few months)
              Explore some of the cutting edge technology that is just on our horizon. 3-D print your own iphone case, try Sony's new Virtual Reality headseat, and take a ride aboard a self-driving Tesla down the 405 at "rush hour" and witness how this technology has completely eliminated all traffic.

4. Asteroid Mining (former Buzz Lightyear)
              Take a dark ride through the asteroid belt looking for the prospective asteroids to mine. Tag prospective asteroids, and earn points based on the various metals that each asteroid contains. Keep an eye out for asteroids that might contain gold -- they are worth 10 TIMES the points!!!

5. People Mover
              Enjoy a leisurely ride through this beautiful new Tomorrowland
              Disneyland Cast Member
              Outdoor Vending
              1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

Okay, finally got my list together but this is what I'd like to see:

Disneyland Monorail System: keep it the way it is but fix the temperamental Mark VII trains

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage:
                Also keep it the way it is but update as necessary to add in Finding Dory when that Movie comes out

Space Mountain: Add a few new effects inside the main "room" of the ride to complement the "disco ball stars" and make a new themed queue inside the second floor of the former Starcade

Disneyland Railroad: The theme of the "time traveling" steam locomotives works for me, just maybe some new paint on the station itself

Autopia: Convert the entire system over to electrically powered cars similar to what is currently operating at Hong Kong Disneyland and down size to three larger tracks that would intertwine with a mine train esque ride and a Frozen Dark ride North of the sub lagoon. Also, add more hills to accommodate bridges and tunnels and loop tracks back over themselves to save room and build a newer, smaller and more streamlined queue that takes up less space and frees up walking room

Star Tours: The Adventures Continue:This ride has been refurbished so recently and WDI did such a great job with it, I just personally want it to stay the way it is and just add in new segments when the new trilogy comes out

Astro Orbitor:
                Relocate the current ride up to where the Observatron is today (former Rocket Jets location) and add in new themed elements from Magic Kingdom's version of the ride and Orbitron from Disneyland Paris, namely fixing the spinning planets.

New Tron Family Ride:
                Utilizing what is left of the Peoplemover track (or what can be salvaged at this point) create a new ride that is a dark ride/thrill ride hybrid (think Racers in DCA) that has you meet Kevin and Sam Flynn and take you on a tour of the grid (indoors with elaborate show scenes) that is slow paced and relaxing before culminating in a high speed escape from Clu (outdoors), essentially a hybrid of Peoplemover and the fast rocket ride that shall not be named.

Star Trader/ Flynn's Arcade:
                Keep the Star Trader as it is now, no change in theming or merchandise but retheme what is left of the Starcade into Flynn's where the Tron family ride would exit into

Magic Eye Theater/Jedi Training Academy:
                Gut the show equipment from Captain EO and create a new stage that is home to the popular Jedi Training Academy inside where up close you could have normal theater seats but towards the back you could have an "open air" back wall that has normal dinning tables so guests can enjoy food from the nearby Cantina or Tomorrowland Terrace while watching the show. Some new elements like lasers or fog could be added to plus the experience

Redd Rocket's Pizza Port/Star Wars Cantina:
                Remove the awful Pizza Port and replace it with a smaller more futuristic version of the Cantina (not necessarily a clone of the one from Tatooine but maybe more clean and streamlined) that is essentially a counter service/snack location that serves a similar lineup to Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta and also the infamous Pork Shank from WDW's Gaston's Tavern, perhaps a signature virgin drink could also be made here. Also, if there is additional space, a meet n greet could be set up here for the various Star Wars Characters.

Tomorrowland Terrace:Overhaul the menu to include some new items and more variety, redo the canopy over the dining area

New Marvel Meet N Greet: In between the space currently occupied by Pizzaport and innoventions, make a new interactive Marvel Meet N Greet that is themed and allows for a rotating cast of Marvel Characters and could be themed to a SHIELD bunker of some sorts

New "Life in the Future" Dark Ride: In the building currently occupied by Buzz, shrink the footprint of the building slightly to alleviate some congestion at the entrance corridor and make a new dark ride showing life in the future, a hybrid of Universe of Energy, Living with the Land, and World of Motion from EPCOT. Also, remove the Galactic Command store to make a new queue for the Tron ride and then move the pins over to Star Trader

Unused Space (for now): Haven't yet decided what to do with the space currently occupied by Innoventions and the carousel theater, but I will add something here if I do come up with something.

Overall: The land as a whole in general would have a modern, contemporary, sleek look that is mostly smooth rounded shapes that are white, accented by silvers, blues, golds, and purples. There will be a large emphasis on nature with lots of various plants grown in futuristic planters and also lots of water features spread through out the land. The front of the land will get a new bubbling fountain that is accented by streamlined planters on both sides with an abundance of vegetation to ease the transition from Main Street while still appearing modern. A smaller version of the Fountain of Nations would be implemented where the remains of Cosmic Waves are today and a homage to EPCOT's Imagination backward waterfall would be in the back of the land lined up against the Disneyland Railroad tracks. All the neon in the light would be replaced with art deco LED that softly lights various elements of the land and cycles through a rainbow of colors (like the WDW peoplemover lights) with the exception of Space Mountain, which will remain white with subtle accents of blue and purple.
                "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                  ROCKET JETS.......Get rid of the Astro-Orbiter and put the Jets back on top of TL where they belong. Add a couple more controls and range of motions so our pilots can have 22nd Century fun up there!

PEOPLEMOVER.......It needs to be done; TL is desperate for more movement and the PM is the cure. Obviously, it will have to be built differently than the 1960's version; Enclosed, with air-conditioning, and state of the art voice communication software....I want my PM to talk to me along the way, answering questions, making reservations for dining, telling me how long the line is for Roger Rabbit, etc.

SPACEBUS TO MARS..........A more realistic look at what a space journey might be like in the not-so-very-distant future to replace star tours.

ADVENTURE THRU INNERSPACE 2.0...............A thrilling journey to the center of a neutrino.

STARCADE DINER
                  .........Utilizing both floors of the Starcade all the games will be replaced with Unique-to-Disneyland arcade style games. Also, scattered throughout will be restaurant booths where you can order a meal using a screen built into the tables.....when you're done ordering the screen will turn into an arcade game that you and your party can all play while waiting for your food to come......which will be brought to you by a smiling robot

TRON........ A thrill ride loosely based on the movie. Using the Pizza Port plus area behind Space Mt in backstageland(don't bore me with details on how they can't do this....they can do anything, they are Disney....the same company that managed to relocate a 110 acre parking lot surely won't have a problem doing this)

SPACE BEAR COSMIC HOEDOWN............taking up residence in the old Magic Eye Theater, the bears are back.....back from outer-space that is with great "new" songs like Teddi Berra's Calling Occupants and Big Al's Space Oddity.

SPACE MT.........Small improvements to the queue and exit(including speedramps in place of stairs) and maybe a little updating on the special effects but mostly left alone as is.

HORIZONS....Using the Carousel Theater again prepare for a journey to the future; similar to the Carousel of Progress but more forward looking.....like EPCOT's old Horizons attraction but presented theater style. Exiting Horizons one will go up a speedramp and visit an Apartment of the Future.....a few things in this apartment will be items that might be available in the near future, but much of what we find will be more fantasy; based things that are no where near (and likely never will be on) store shelves.

SKYWAY.....A new Skyway station will be built right where the old one once was.....but this time with -3- different destinations; Fantasyland, DCA, and the new Tomorrowland Hotel(Hojo) across Harbor Blvd.

HOVERTOPIA.....Autopia's roads will be replaced with large round plates with air underneath(think flying saucers) and new futuristic cars will hover their way thru a truly futuristic highway where little drivers and old alike will have a "blast" piloting their own vehicles

EXPEDITION EUROPA..........Bye, bye Nemo.......Journey under the ice of the Jupiter moon and discover an allien world teaming with life.

WALKWAYS.....Fiber optics embedded into the cement throughout TL, creating a sort of walking on the stars effect at night

DIORAMAS..... Grand Canyon transformed into a glowing nighttime future city......Primeval World transformed into a moonscape, with Neil Armstrong's Eagle Landing on the moon before our eyes.
                  While I loved the speed ramps too, they are no longer allowed under any building code and will never be back.
                  The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                  -Walt Disney

Comment

Simplistically, I would like a more cohesive theme.

The space currently feels a bit like a hodge podge of poorly mismatched stuff. Astroblasters, Buzz, and Star Tours all compete with one another; as if they are siblings whose only commonality is their parents.

In the past, tommorrowland projected the future as a clean and streamlined place.

Now it is largely a collection of space themes. The idea seems to be: space = future

I don't think it needs to go back to the old clean look. Personally, that idea of the future seems overdone and nostalgic of a decade not ours.

I would be happy with a "tommorowland" that saw the future as a (beautifully) messy place of mixed elements so long as it was designed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                      While I loved the speed ramps too, they are no longer allowed under any building code and will never be back.

shhhh....don't tell that to the folks over at Westmont Industries up in Santa Fe Springs, CA.

Moving Walkways, Speedwalks & Speedramps by Westmont Industries
                      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...orrowland.html
                        Be Cool Stay in School!
                        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Overall - Tomorrowland gets a thematic unifier as Earth's first "Spaceport", offering rides to both outer space (signified with Star Tours and Space Mountain), much closer space (Submarine Voyage through Liquid Space, other project named later) and showing off our technological future (again, project will be shown in a bit). To this end, most of the building facades will get a makeover, incorporating more whites and neon lights in sort of a "TRON" inspired aesthetic.

Also, before I continue, Star Tours and Space Mountain are the only parts of the land that will go unchanged (although Space Mountain's queue will change a bit to accommodate new attractions). Now, the rest of the land, from smallest to biggest changes:

Autopia rebuild/retheme -
                          Now, when I say this, I mean that the ride's technology gets an upgrade from gas-powered vehicles to electric vehicles. The ride itself is shortened to free up some land to the north of the Sub lagoon for a future Fantasyland expansion. In addition, the Autopia, Subs, and Monorail will get a unifying theme to turn this section into a sub-land of Tomorrowland. The Institute for the Advancement of Earth Technology are the operators of all three attractions, as a way of showing visitors to the Spaceport that outer space is not the only future left for us. In Autopia's case, the story the ride utilizes is the advancement of electric motors (possibly with a sponsorship from a company like Tesla Motors) and electric cars to help save the environment.

Monorail shortened - Along this same line, the figure-8 loop is taken out to shorten the ride and open up air space for that Fantasyland area. Also allows for Autopia to build more vertically a-la Hong Kong Disneyland's Autopia section above Tomorrowland. For the Monorail tie into the I.A.E.T., video boards in the queue will highlight monorail systems throughout the world as advanced mass-transit.

Submarine Voyage - Nemo and Friends will still feature in this attraction, but the ride will change from being a retelling of Finding Nemo to a voyage of exploration through Liquid Space, featuring characters from Nemo at points. This has probably the best tie-in to the I.A.E.T. story thread, as the Institute wants to show that exploration of the Earth's ocean is just as important as exploration of the stars.

New Tomorrowland Entrance from Main Street - Gone will be the Astro Orbiter and the French Fry rocks. Instead, the Globe Fountain located in front of Space Mountain will be relocated here, although increased in size a bit, as a more understated entranceway, while the newly-returned People Mover cars will move by above.

Astro Orbiter's new position -
                          Most people want the Astro Orbiter/Rocket Jets returned to their spot above the PM platform, but I have issues doing it, partly because I don't know how you would do this while making it OSHA/ADA compliant, and partly because I have a different plan for this area. Instead, the Orbiter is relocated to the spot currently occupied by the Globe Fountain, with the queue zig-zagging towards the former PM platform. To help traffic flow, Tomorrowland Terrace will lose the seating area directly next to the former PM platform to become a permanent pathway (and to make up for this, some additional seating will be placed in the Tomorrowland Terrace stage area due to losing the Jedi Academy show, and more seating along the backside of the stage).

New Two-Story Restaurant Taking over the Former PM Station -
                          Ok, here's a more controversial addition. I want this to become Tomorrowland's answer to the Blue Bayou, although not as expensive. Taking a page from the recently-closed Encounter restaurant at LAX, the two story complex, starting at the same level as the PM station and taking up the former Observatron platform, will rotate, allowing diners a 360 degree panoramic view of Tomorrowland, along with sights of Main Street, the Materhorn, and others. The returned PM will travel along the outside of the first floor of this restaurant.

Magic Eye Theater converted to new restaurant/permanent home to Jedi Academy -
                          Here's the only Star Wars addition I'm making to Tomorrowland, and even this isn't much of an addition as it is a repositioning of an exisiting show. The Magic Eye Theater is taken out to become an eatery themed like the Tattoine Cantina, providing sit-down dining to make up for the lost Pizza Port (more on this in a bit). The area will also host the Jedi Academy show, which will move from Tomorrowland Terrace (which is why we can add more seating in the lower stage area). This provides for a more permanent location for the show, and allows them to bring in new technology to plus the show. Tomorrowland Terrace itself will still be utilized for nightly band shows on weekends. In a bit of a clash, the Starcade will be removed from its current location, and some of the arcade machines will be moved into this new building, putting the arcade machines into a more high-traffic area where they'll be more likely to be used.

And now for the big three:

Return of the People Mover/Cosmos inclusion - Yes, the People Mover is back, but not the way people remember, per se. The new station will take over the Starcade, which gives it a much larger queue area for the ride, with the actual loading platform being located on the second floor. While the normal loading platform will still utilize moving cars, the larger loading platform area will allow for a separate loading area where the cars can stop, allowing for better accommodation for guests with disabilities. The ride itself will move clockwise through the land, instead of the original counter-clockwise of the original, and will have narration provided by Neil DeGrasse Tyson. The ride path itself will remain mostly unchanged, with only a few new changes. The track that goes through the Autopia area will be drastically cut down, with only a smaller loop over the Autopia course rather than its current meandering path, which will be consistent with the shortened Autopia course. The biggest change will occur over the current Pizza Port, where the second story will be converted into a large showroom dedicated to Tyson's new Cosmos series, showing off the vast universe, culminating with a trip through a Space Mountain recently renovated with new effects. These changes should help transition the People Mover into a ride that will entertain future generations for years to come.

Innoventions/Pizza Port out, Stark Expo in -
                          Ok, this is the change that most people will probably disagree with, but here we go. Marvel's Cinematic Universe has deep roots in science and futurism, and that's what will be highlighted on this ride. Pizza Port will be changed into the new interactive queue area (partly because it's housing the Cosmos portion of the revamped PM above). The queue will feature rotating presentations of new technology from Stark Tech employees, while video boards throughout the queue will set up a story of you being hired to transport some new technology developed by Tony Stark to the new World's Fair. The ride tech will be similar to that used by Amazing Spider Man and Transformers at Universal, and will feature Iron Man helping riders fend off villains attempting to steal the technology, culminating in a final battle in front of Space Mountain. Ideally, this ride would mostly focus on Iron Man, as he has the greatest tie to the theme of Tomorrowland (a bit of background story could reveal him to be a founding member of the Institute for the Advancement of Earth Technology), but I don't rule out cameos from other Avengers in the ride.

Phase 2: Buzz out, ATIS in -
                          Now, I'm one of the people who would be ok with BLAB sticking around through the initial change through the land, if only to provide a bit of continuity, but eventually I would like to see this ride replaced with a revamped Adventures Through Inner Space. The show building could be extended out into the extended outdoor queue for Buzz if necessary.

Other changes - The current Star Tours and Astro Blasters/SM murals are replaced, but not with a return to the Mary Blair murals, but instead with large video boards that would allow for bright lights and movement in the pictures, with a glare coating to allow for good viewing during the day. A light/laser show at night, possibly utilizing the Astro Orbiter's top section, could help space crowds out at night away from the western half of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirya View Post
                            Overall - Tomorrowland gets a thematic unifier as Earth's first "Spaceport", offering rides to both outer space (signified with Star Tours and Space Mountain), much closer space (Submarine Voyage through Liquid Space, other project named later) and showing off our technological future (again, project will be shown in a bit). To this end, most of the building facades will get a makeover, incorporating more whites and neon lights in sort of a "TRON" inspired aesthetic.

Also, before I continue, Star Tours and Space Mountain are the only parts of the land that will go unchanged (although Space Mountain's queue will change a bit to accommodate new attractions). Now, the rest of the land, from smallest to biggest changes:

Autopia rebuild/retheme -
                            Now, when I say this, I mean that the ride's technology gets an upgrade from gas-powered vehicles to electric vehicles. The ride itself is shortened to free up some land to the north of the Sub lagoon for a future Fantasyland expansion. In addition, the Autopia, Subs, and Monorail will get a unifying theme to turn this section into a sub-land of Tomorrowland. The Institute for the Advancement of Earth Technology are the operators of all three attractions, as a way of showing visitors to the Spaceport that outer space is not the only future left for us. In Autopia's case, the story the ride utilizes is the advancement of electric motors (possibly with a sponsorship from a company like Tesla Motors) and electric cars to help save the environment.

Monorail shortened - Along this same line, the figure-8 loop is taken out to shorten the ride and open up air space for that Fantasyland area. Also allows for Autopia to build more vertically a-la Hong Kong Disneyland's Autopia section above Tomorrowland. For the Monorail tie into the I.A.E.T., video boards in the queue will highlight monorail systems throughout the world as advanced mass-transit.

Submarine Voyage - Nemo and Friends will still feature in this attraction, but the ride will change from being a retelling of Finding Nemo to a voyage of exploration through Liquid Space, featuring characters from Nemo at points. This has probably the best tie-in to the I.A.E.T. story thread, as the Institute wants to show that exploration of the Earth's ocean is just as important as exploration of the stars.

New Tomorrowland Entrance from Main Street - Gone will be the Astro Orbiter and the French Fry rocks. Instead, the Globe Fountain located in front of Space Mountain will be relocated here, although increased in size a bit, as a more understated entranceway, while the newly-returned People Mover cars will move by above.

Astro Orbiter's new position -
                            Most people want the Astro Orbiter/Rocket Jets returned to their spot above the PM platform, but I have issues doing it, partly because I don't know how you would do this while making it OSHA/ADA compliant, and partly because I have a different plan for this area. Instead, the Orbiter is relocated to the spot currently occupied by the Globe Fountain, with the queue zig-zagging towards the former PM platform. To help traffic flow, Tomorrowland Terrace will lose the seating area directly next to the former PM platform to become a permanent pathway (and to make up for this, some additional seating will be placed in the Tomorrowland Terrace stage area due to losing the Jedi Academy show, and more seating along the backside of the stage).

New Two-Story Restaurant Taking over the Former PM Station -
                            Ok, here's a more controversial addition. I want this to become Tomorrowland's answer to the Blue Bayou, although not as expensive. Taking a page from the recently-closed Encounter restaurant at LAX, the two story complex, starting at the same level as the PM station and taking up the former Observatron platform, will rotate, allowing diners a 360 degree panoramic view of Tomorrowland, along with sights of Main Street, the Materhorn, and others. The returned PM will travel along the outside of the first floor of this restaurant.

Magic Eye Theater converted to new restaurant/permanent home to Jedi Academy -
                            Here's the only Star Wars addition I'm making to Tomorrowland, and even this isn't much of an addition as it is a repositioning of an exisiting show. The Magic Eye Theater is taken out to become an eatery themed like the Tattoine Cantina, providing sit-down dining to make up for the lost Pizza Port (more on this in a bit). The area will also host the Jedi Academy show, which will move from Tomorrowland Terrace (which is why we can add more seating in the lower stage area). This provides for a more permanent location for the show, and allows them to bring in new technology to plus the show. Tomorrowland Terrace itself will still be utilized for nightly band shows on weekends. In a bit of a clash, the Starcade will be removed from its current location, and some of the arcade machines will be moved into this new building, putting the arcade machines into a more high-traffic area where they'll be more likely to be used.

And now for the big three:

Return of the People Mover/Cosmos inclusion - Yes, the People Mover is back, but not the way people remember, per se. The new station will take over the Starcade, which gives it a much larger queue area for the ride, with the actual loading platform being located on the second floor. While the normal loading platform will still utilize moving cars, the larger loading platform area will allow for a separate loading area where the cars can stop, allowing for better accommodation for guests with disabilities. The ride itself will move clockwise through the land, instead of the original counter-clockwise of the original, and will have narration provided by Neil DeGrasse Tyson. The ride path itself will remain mostly unchanged, with only a few new changes. The track that goes through the Autopia area will be drastically cut down, with only a smaller loop over the Autopia course rather than its current meandering path, which will be consistent with the shortened Autopia course. The biggest change will occur over the current Pizza Port, where the second story will be converted into a large showroom dedicated to Tyson's new Cosmos series, showing off the vast universe, culminating with a trip through a Space Mountain recently renovated with new effects. These changes should help transition the People Mover into a ride that will entertain future generations for years to come.

Innoventions/Pizza Port out, Stark Expo in -
                            Ok, this is the change that most people will probably disagree with, but here we go. Marvel's Cinematic Universe has deep roots in science and futurism, and that's what will be highlighted on this ride. Pizza Port will be changed into the new interactive queue area (partly because it's housing the Cosmos portion of the revamped PM above). The queue will feature rotating presentations of new technology from Stark Tech employees, while video boards throughout the queue will set up a story of you being hired to transport some new technology developed by Tony Stark to the new World's Fair. The ride tech will be similar to that used by Amazing Spider Man and Transformers at Universal, and will feature Iron Man helping riders fend off villains attempting to steal the technology, culminating in a final battle in front of Space Mountain. Ideally, this ride would mostly focus on Iron Man, as he has the greatest tie to the theme of Tomorrowland (a bit of background story could reveal him to be a founding member of the Institute for the Advancement of Earth Technology), but I don't rule out cameos from other Avengers in the ride.

Phase 2: Buzz out, ATIS in -
                            Now, I'm one of the people who would be ok with BLAB sticking around through the initial change through the land, if only to provide a bit of continuity, but eventually I would like to see this ride replaced with a revamped Adventures Through Inner Space. The show building could be extended out into the extended outdoor queue for Buzz if necessary.

Other changes - The current Star Tours and Astro Blasters/SM murals are replaced, but not with a return to the Mary Blair murals, but instead with large video boards that would allow for bright lights and movement in the pictures, with a glare coating to allow for good viewing during the day. A light/laser show at night, possibly utilizing the Astro Orbiter's top section, could help space crowds out at night away from the western half of the park.
                            I like it. Thanks!

Comment

Wow you guys are so creative ! I like all of your ideas !

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X