Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

Don't know if this has been posted already but in an article I read today it says Frozen is getting its own ride in Disneyland. Thoughts or feelings on this?

Here's the link to the article:

Broadway's Santino Fontana Gushes About Frozen | Broadway Buzz | Broadway.com
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 03-14-2014, 03:48 PM. Reason: mispelling

http://www.facebook.com/DisneylandGirlsPage

Re: Frozen to get a ride at Disneyland...

Omg omg omg omg yes!
    Here I stand, in the light of day, let the storm rage on!!! The cold never bothered me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by numberfour View Post
      Don't know if this has been posted already but in an article I read today it says Frozen is getting its own ride in Disneyland. Thoughts or feelings on this?

Here's the link to the article:

Broadway's Santino Fontana Gushes About Frozen | Broadway Buzz | Broadway.com
      Someone posted it in the thread that proposed adding it to the Matterhorn. Personally, I'm okay with it as long as it is in Fantasyland somewhere and not the Matterhorn.

However, I would take this with an extreme grain of salt as this isn't the most reliable source.
      Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 03-22-2014, 07:26 PM.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Very interesting.... Since Frozen was realized people have been talking about it getting a ride but his is actually someone close to the movie saying it. I'm still not completely convinced its true but still interesting.
        All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you

-Walter Elias Disney

Comment

I don't mind if a ride is based off a movie or not... As long as it is done with excellence. I am imagining a multi media type attraction (like Forbidden Journey).

That being said, I have drunken (or licked?) the Frozen kool aid and I think the sled and wolf chase scene is begging for a simulation!
          sigpic

The prospect of the long tram wait at the end of the day...

Comment

Hopefully

Comment

i just dont know how i feel about it yet if it is true. Dont get me wrong Frozen is my favorite movie right now but where would this go where it could be great and fit into Fantasyland (assuming thats where it would go)

http://www.facebook.com/DisneylandGirlsPage

Comment

As with every rumor: I'll believe it when I see it.
                "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Comment

I wouldn't mind the bulldozing of Toontown for anything other than Toontown...
                  sigpic

Comment

This is coming from an actor from the film. For me, that translates to I'll believe it when I see it.
                    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

just because he's an actor doesn't mean he is not reliable.. maybe he has been hired to make the voice of Hans in the attraction...
                      Here I stand, in the light of day, let the storm rage on!!! The cold never bothered me anyway.

Comment

Hey, I'll take any new ride at DL since it's been so long, but I'd be suprised if they've already decided on a Frozen ride. I would think they'd want to give it at least 5 years to see if the popularity is sustainable or not. The ride is going to be there for decades. It has to be popular enough to continue to attract riders 10 years from now.

By the way, when was the last new ride at DL? Was it Winnie the Pooh?
                        Disneyland Cast Member
                        Outdoor Vending
                        1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

I'd probably die a little inside. I resent the idea.
                          And then think...what is Disney doing to the park?
                          It's just not an iconic Disney movie.

I would beg them to consider a Lion King ride, instead. Or Beauty and the Beast...please. Out of ALL of the other AMAZING options, I don't see why they would pick Frozen over any of them.

Comment

I don't think there is much credit to this rumor. As always I will wait and see. This person has nothing to do though with the budget a new attraction would need in order to get green lighted at the park. I'd be more interested in why he said it or thinks it;s going to happen. My thoughts on the attraction itself. I think it's too early in Frozen's shelf life to be immortalized in DL. Id rather see BATB or Lion King first.
                            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                            My company had a special night at the park
                            WdW trip report with WWoHP
                            NYE 2011 trip report
                            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                            Leap year 24 hour report
                            New DCA trip report
                            NYE 2012
                            HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by hollyray View Post
                              I'd probably die a little inside. I resent the idea.
                              And then think...what is Disney doing to the park?
                              It's just not an iconic Disney movie.

I would beg them to consider a Lion King ride, instead. Or Beauty and the Beast...please. Out of ALL of the other AMAZING options, I don't see why they would pick Frozen over any of them.
                              Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                              I don't think there is much credit to this rumor. As always I will wait and see. This person has nothing to do though with the budget a new attraction would need in order to get green lighted at the park. I'd be more interested in why he said it or thinks it;s going to happen. My thoughts on the attraction itself. I think it's too early in Frozen's shelf life to be immortalized in DL. Id rather see BATB or Lion King first.

When Disneyland first opened, thereby immortalizing Sleeping Beauty's Castle, the movie Sleeping Beauty had not even come out yet... It may be not be a ride, but it's arguably the most iconic element of Disneyland. I don't think a movie's youth is a negative in terms of movie-to-ride conversion. I will admit it makes it slightly more of a risque, but so is any new ride. Perhaps a ride would only serve to solidify Frozen as a potential Disney classic.

However, for all the debate on whether or not a movie deserves a ride, it really comes down to whether you like the movie or not. For that matter, Lion King is another movie loved by both critics and audiences. However, because I think it is overrated, I don't think it should get a ride. Nevertheless, if it was done well (like RSR), at least I could still enjoy it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X