Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report March Trip Report with Pictures! :)

Hello all! This is my trip report from March 9th to the 12th. It's rather wordy, so I might just release one a day, unless you want them all throughout the rest of today, just let me know Hope you enjoy.

Sunday, March 9th, 2014

This trip was almost a last minute thing! My husband's step-mom gave us Disney gift cards for Christmas (but she didn't mail them out until the end of January lol) and told us to use them for Disneyland tickets. No hesitation there!! lol As usual, My husband and I took the Greyhound, (which was SUPPOSED to leave at 8am, but didn't leave until 9am) from Phoenix, AZ and almost missed our transfer in San Bernardino, CA. Thankfully, we were only 5 minutes past the leaving time, and the driver was nice enough to wait for us. We left San Bernardino at about 2:40pm and arrived at the Anaheim Greyhound Station at about 4pm.

My best friend from high school was also joining us on this trip, but she flew out. She rented a car and came to pick us up at the station. We stayed at the Motel 6 Anaheim Main-gate this time, which my husband and I had stayed at before in 2009. We settled in for a little bit and then started talking about which beach we wanted to go to. My husband has family in CA, though he has never met them. He got in touch with his cousin, who said him and his wife would meet us at the hotel and then take us to Newport Beach. Once we got there, we took the auto ferry to Balboa Island and had dinner at Ruby's Diner.

It was a beautiful night out and the scenery wasn't too bad either. My husband, friend and I then headed back to Anaheim to get some snacks for the next day. We then went back to the hotel where we all soon fell asleep.

TO BE CONTINUED... hope you enjoyed part one! I will put the next part up either later today or tomorrow!
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Re: March Trip Report with Pictures!

Got part two done sooner than I thought! Here you go!

Monday, March 10th, 2014
    We all woke up about 6AM, started to get ready and we were out of the hotel by 8. I forgot what time the park opened that day, but was relieved seeing it opened at 9, so we time for breakfast. We headed to Burger King and then back to the hotel, so catch the ART bus. Once nearing the bag check, I notice it was CROWDED!! I had always been to the gates right at opening, but all 3 of us had will call tickets and that took about 20 minutes, so the front line kept growing. It was about 9:30 AM before we were able to get in line, which was now almost to the middle of the Esplanade.

As we approached the entrance, I realized what was taking so long. Everyone with a 2 day or higher ticket, needed their picture taken and that was holding up the line. We FINALLY got in at 10AM and headed inside. There were tons of characters on Main Street, which I had never encountered before, due to the fact that my husband and I were usually always in just after opening.

We walked down Main Street and headed to Adventureland, as we always do. Once there the line for Jungle Cruise was ridiculous!! We were always able to walk on and this was a good 30 minute wait.

We kept walking and saw Indy was down, so we skipped it and went to POTC. Surprisingly, for the park being open for an hour, there was virtually no one in line. Once off of that, we went to the Haunted Mansion, which was also relatively walk on. Now let me just say, it was so refreshing to see the Mansion in it's normal state! For the past couple trips, it has always been NBC layover, and while I love the movie, I was getting bored with it.

After that, we decided to see if Indy was open yet and sure enough it was! It must have just barely opened back up because we almost just walked on. I loved the new Mara effect! I think we got the Observatory the first time.

We were getting thirsty, so we headed over to get Dole Whips and go into the Tiki Room. It was nice to just relax out of the heat and away from the crowds.

We then went to Critter Country and it really must have been crowded, because Pooh had a 15 minute wait! I have never, I mean NEVER had to wait to get on that ride lol. We went on it, just to rest our feet for a bit as it was now nearing almost 1pm. We headed past the ROA and down to Frontierland to see BTMRR.

We then walked to Fantasyland and went on SWSA and PDJ. We wanted to go on the Matterhorn, but that line was insane. So since we were getting hungry, we just decided to keep heading to Tomorrowland and grab lunch. We ate at the Tomorrowland Terrance and watched the Jedi Training Academy, until we were done. My friend then got a call from her cousin, (who apparently is a cast member), saying that once his shift was over, he would meet us near the entrance. We walked around Main Street a little bit until he called her back.

Since he is a cast member, he was able to preview BTMRR. He asked us if we wanted to join him, since it was cast members+ the friends/family, but since I'm not much of a rollercoaster person, I declined, but my friend and husband said they would. We had some time to kill before the had to be at the ride, so we decided to try Jungle Cruise again.
    The line was even more crazy now, as they were using the roof to wrap the line around! We decided to just do it since, we had the time, but first grabbed fast passes for Indy since my friend's cousin wanted to go on it with us. We finally got on, and I was pleased to hear we had a great skipper! I would say he was one of the best we've ever had!

After that, we all went on POTC and Haunted Mansion again, and headed over to Frontierland since their preview time was coming up. Before they went on Thunder, my friend's cousin suggested we make reservations for Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. We had never eaten there, but always wanted to, so we agreed. After we made the reservation, they headed for Thunder and I waited for them, watching by the last drop. After they got off, they all had smiles plastered to their faces! It was cute because my husband felt special getting to ride before the general public lol. We had some time before our dinner reservation, so we went to Toontown and looked around for a little bit and then went to Fantasyland again and rode Mr. Toad's. Realizing it was almost our reservation time, we booked it back to BTR and were seated within 5 minutes. As I said, we have never eaten there before, but OMG we would do it again in a heartbeat! The food was delicious and it just kept coming lol We left the restaurant at 9PM and headed to Indy since it was our fast pass time. We got on fairly quickly, only waiting about 5 minutes. Once we were on and just leaving the loading station, we all noticed it was DARK! I mean abnormally dark. You could not even see the chamber doors in front of you. We almost didn't know where we were going haha. After was passed through the doors, everything was normal again, until the rat projection part...there was no projection! Only a bright light practically shining in our faces and then pitch black to the dart room. Then in the dart room, you could hear the sounds, but no "spears" were coming out. The boulder sequence was a little messed up too. Once we went under the boulder it was crazy dark again until the loading station.
    We had some time before the park closed and decided to go back to Tomorrowland, since that's the land my friend's cousin works in. We went on Buzz to end the night. We walked back to the main entrance so we could catch our hotel shuttle and parted ways with my friend's cousin. We said he would meet us here again the next day, after he got out of class. We got on our shuttle and barely made it to the hotel before we all quickly passed out.

TO BE CONTINUED! I will put part 3 up when I'm done typing it!
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Comment

Nice trip report so far!

Comment

Enjoying every morsel!

Comment

Awesome TR so far. Looking forward to seeing more.
          Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

more, more!!!

Comment

Thank you everyone! Part 3 will be up later today!

Next Trip:
              ???

Comment

Nice write ups, I can't wait for Part lll!!!!

Comment

Hello! Here is Part 3!

Tuesday, March 11th, 2014

We woke up a bit later this time, but were still out of the hotel by 8am. We went to McDonald's for breakfast and even those lines were long! We were waiting for another one of our friends who lives in L.A. to meet us there. Once he arrived, we went back to the hotel to catch the shuttle again. We got to the park at about 9:40 and got in at about 10 again. We headed to Adventureland only to see Jungle Cruise AND Indy with really long waits again. So we went to POTC which was down! Not a good start lol We then went to Haunted Mansion which had an incredibly long line too, but we decided just to wait since it moves pretty quickly. It was really dark in the ride, compared to the day before. Once we were off that, we wanted to see if POTC was open yet. It was and the line was almost to the Haunted Mansion!!

My friend's cousin called saying he would be there soon and she said we were in line for POTC and he said he would meet us at the exit. We saw him by Club 33 waiting for us at the exit. We looked around for a little bit and headed to Tomorrowland for lunch. Before lunch, we looked at pins since my husband is a collector and then grabbed fast passes for Star Tours, since we hadn't been on that yet. Pizza Port was our next stop and as we passed, we saw Space Mountain was down.
                  Just as we finished up lunch, the guys noticed people running to the Space mountain line, which must have just reopened. The guys ran into line while my friend and I waited for them at the exit.

We browsed Star Trader once they met back up with us and then decided to go to Downtown Disney. We took the monorail there and did some shopping once we got off.

As we neared the esplanade, we wanted to go to DCA. My friend is a HUGE Little Mermaid fan, so of course, our first ride there was The Little Mermaid. She has not been to DCA since the upgrade, so she was loving every second of the ride. The guys then went on Silly Symphony Swings and then we headed up the Pier. My husband has always wanted to go on Screamin' but has been too nervous, or had no one to go with, so we always avoided it. Luckily with our little group, the guys said they would go with him while my friend and I went to grab some ice cream. Once they got off, my husband had the biggest smile on his face! I felt glad that he finally got to ride it. We headed to the Warf to get some margaritas and then went to Carsland.

. We had about and hour and a half until our Star Tours fast pass time, so we surveyed how bad the line for Radiator Springs Racers was. It said 70 minutes. so we just said let's do it. When we got in line, it was evening and by the time we got in the car, it was dark. This happened to us before on our honeymoon, and I have to say, its my favorite time to ride it. We all got buckled in and started off.

I always get nervous, because (to me, at least) the race portion goes much faster than it appears from the outside and the bunny hills ALWAYS get me haha. I'm usually able to find a way to make the stomach drop feeling not so prominent, like on POTC, but I can't on this one, so the picture shows my reaction lol. Two of the friends we had with us had never been on it yet, and both said it was worth the wait.

Once we got off, we had only 10 minutes to get to Star Tours. We ran like crazy from the back off Carsland, to Tomorrowland and made it with just a minute so spare. My friend's cousin ended up being the "Rebel Spy" and we laughed at that for a good while, since the picture they took looked truly like a wanted poster.

. Once off, we browsed Star Trader again and then went on Buzz again.

We had just enough time to get on about 2 more rides. I reminded everyone that we haven't been on Peter Pan yet, so that's straight where we went. We agreed to do Indy one last time, but took our time walking to Adventureland, since my friend wanted to do some shopping. We all got on Indy at about 9:45PM and savored our last ride with each other. Thankfully, this time everything on Indy was working! Once we got off, it was 10PM and it was weird seeing all the shops/lines closed.

We hadn't eaten dinner yet, but most places were closed, so we went shopping for our last minute things, (candy, clothes lol) and headed out. We said to goodbye to my friend's cousin again, and thanked him for showing us such a great time both days. The remaining four of us walked to ihop since we had missed out shuttle and had a late dinner. We slowly made it back to the hotel and soon fell asleep.

Hope you enjoyed! Part 4 is short, so I'll post it right after this

Next Trip:
                  ???

Comment

Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
                    We had all slept in until about 8:30am and then got up, got ready, and started packing our things. We checked out at 10:30am and we asked if our friends would like to go to George's Best Burgers for lunch, the little tradition my husband and I have every time we come out. They agreed and we had lunch. My friend needed to get her rental car back by noon, we ate and then drove our other friend to his bus stop in Fullerton. She then dropped us off at the Anaheim Greyhound Station. Our bus finally came at 3pm and took us back to San Bernardino. Our nest bus left at 8pm and then we were home by 2am. I can honestly say that this was one of the best trips we went on. Even almost better than our honeymoon. I had always wanted to go with a group of friends and I finally got to. I can't wait until we can all go back!

I hope everyone enjoyed our trip report!

Next Trip:
                    ???

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!

Love your husband's Boba Fett hoodie.
                      "On these magic shores children at play are for ever beaching their coracles..."
                      J.M. Barrie

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly View Post
                        Awesome! Thanks!

Love your husband's Boba Fett hoodie.
                        You're welcome and thanks! That's one of his favorite hoodies

Next Trip:
                        ???

Comment

Sounds like a fun trip !

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Hope there's more trip reports coming again soon.
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Thanks! We hope there will be more soon too!

Next Trip:
                              ???

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X