This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Maleficent Preview coming to Disney California Adventure

A preview of the film, Maleficent will be shown in the Bug's Life Theater in Disney California Adventure starting April 18.
    http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...arks-april-18/

Re: Maleficent Preview coming to Disney California Adventure

Hmm. Interesting that they're doing this kind of preview in the Bug's Land theatre this time. I guess it better matches the tone of the film anyway.

Comment

They are probably using the Bug's Land theatre this time since the new Muppet Movie is coming out in April. They wouldn't want to take the Muppet attraction out of circulation and miss that cross-promotion opportunity.

Comment

It's only for one day. It wouldn't affect the Muppet film at all. Besides, the Bug Life theatre is a much more appropriate setting because of it's design.

Maleficent is is a protector of the forest, in the new film, so that's what makes it a great fit.

Comment

Is bugs life still playing?

Comment

Originally posted by smartlabelprint View Post
            Is bugs life still playing?
            Yes but it is scheduled to be close March 31st through April 18th. This suggest they may do some light rethemeing work.

What if instead of Hopper we get a dragon?

Also this isn't a single day deal. It starts with no end date on April 18th according to Disney's post.
            Be Cool Stay in School!
            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
              Yes but it is scheduled to be close March 31st through April 18th. This suggest they may do some light rethemeing work.

What if instead of Hopper we get a dragon?

Also this isn't a single day deal. It starts with no end date on April 18th according to Disney's post.
              You're right it is pretty open ended, but I assume they'll go back at some point to the original It's Tough to be a Bug show, just as they have with Muppets but I could be wrong. Personally, I think it would be amazing if they could do it on the Rivers of America and use Murphy the Dragon for the preview but logistically that isn't even close to working out.
              "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
              "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Originally posted by TFN5459 View Post
                You're right it is pretty open ended, but I assume they'll go back at some point to the original It's Tough to be a Bug show, just as they have with Muppets but I could be wrong. Personally, I think it would be amazing if they could do it on the Rivers of America and use Murphy the Dragon for the preview but logistically that isn't even close to working out.

I would guess it will play to June at least so that is until the movie opens. If the movie does well and/or the preview is popular it could stay, if not they could close the theater for two weeks and it would open mid June when Summer crowds are back.

It's a little perplexing that they aren't doing the premier on ROA with Murphy, of course this is no POTC film.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                  I would guess it will play to June at least so that is until the movie opens. If the movie does well and/or the preview is popular it could stay, if not they could close the theater for two weeks and it would open mid June when Summer crowds are back.

It's a little perplexing that they aren't doing the premier on ROA with Murphy, of course this is no POTC film.
                  That sounds about the right time frame to me to, though they could easily change it based on the film's popularity. It's not like this is a major, complicated attraction that they are closing though, it is in essence only a 4D film which could be easily swapped out as they have done with Muppets and also to bring EO back to Tomorrowland so I don't have a big problem with them changing out movies here and there to do promos. I think that they would be hesitant to do something with a Maleficent premiere on the ROA because like you said, its not a "tried and true" surefire hit like POTC was, though with all the hype and attention Maleficent is getting so far, I don't see why they can't do it. Heck, even the Lone Ranger got a preview in DCA and that movie was nowhere close to POTC, save for the fact that Johnny Depp appears in both.
                  "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                  "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

There was a thread started last week ago on this same topic.
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...pril-18th.html

Comment

The movie sounded pretty terrible from a leaked script last Summer that was pretty much nothing but "Oh Maleficent's a special snowflake tormented by the mean fairies" and character assassination on the king and the three good fairies, and from the looks of the trailers, that hasn't really been fixed. I'm especially bugged by the fact that Maleficent doesn't even turn into the dragon: She turns the crow, who is her shapeshifting lover, into the dragon.
                      M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                      sigpic
                      Flickr

Comment

What's next? A movie featuring the evil queen from "Snow White"?
                        Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
                        Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Comment

Next time please use the spoiler function.

Originally posted by FigmentJedi View Post
                          The movie sounded pretty terrible from a leaked script last Summer
                          Spoiler
                          that was pretty much nothing but "Oh Maleficent's a special snowflake tormented by the mean fairies" and character assassination on the king and the three good fairies, and from the looks of the trailers, that hasn't really been fixed. I'm especially bugged by the fact that Maleficent doesn't even turn into the dragon: She turns the crow, who is her shapeshifting lover, into the dragon.

Comment

Well the crow spoiler is right there in the open in the latest trailer.
                            M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                            sigpic
                            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentJedi View Post
                              Well the crow spoiler is right there in the open in the latest trailer.
                              Noticed that lol!

I don't know though, that newest trailer looked insane! When she lands with the wings! Dangggg
                              Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X