This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Wait times on RSR?

Last year, the wait to get on radiator springs racers was ridiculously long...and FP's were hard to get. Is this ride still getting the numbers to make it 1-2 hour waits, or just at peak times?

Re: Wait times on RSR?

The line is still pretty long. You can try single rider if you don't mine riding with strangers, that line goes a lot faster.

Comment

It's barely changed.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

For me, the best time to get on RSR without a FP, is at night when World of Color is showing. Usually the wait time around 45-60 minutes (I think the time goes by faster at night. I don't think I've ever waited over an hour). Otherwise the wait is in the 1-2 hour range during the day, unless you score a FP in the morning or do single rider.

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

Comment

I tell guests when working Greeter/Fastpass at RSR that we don't close our stand-by queue until park closing so you can walk past Ramone's at 8:58 and we'll still let you ride. At that time the stand-by queue moves much faster since the only people we let in the Fastpass queue after closing are baby switch passes that have a good reason for not making the last call. Also, single rider can sometimes be a walk on midweek in the off-season between the hours of 11 and 3.(I've emptied the Single Rider queue a handful of times in the late morning/early afternoon at Grouper but it always refilled 4-8 "trains" later. ) Keep in mind the park closing secret to Racers is well known to APs/CMs on their day off so some Friday nights you'll still end up waiting at least 45 minutes in stand-by. There are also all sorts of exceptions I've seen to where we'll delay the closing of our stand-by queue for Cars Land and occasionally Hollywood Land attractions.(To the best of my knowledge, Bugs Land/Paradise Pier never extend their cut off times but I need to double-check with my buddies at Fliks, Mermaid and Toy Story.)

Comment

The average I've seen is about 90-120 minutes on a busy day and then about 50-70 minutes on a "slower" day. Single Rider could be anywhere from about 10 to 25 minutes.
            "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
            "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Hit it between 1:00 and 2:00 PM when people are eating or taking a break from the park. We got on in 40~45 minutes during that time (off peak).

Comment

The line is still long and the usually any FastPasses for it are gone within the first 45-60min of park opening. If it's really crowded they might be gone sooner.

Even on slow days the standby wait still averages 60min. I went the first week of February on a rainy day and the parks were essentially empty (in comparison to a regular day) and I still waited about 45min for RSR. If you want to go single rider it pretty much cuts the wait in half, but the best way to do RSR in my opinion is just to hit the ride first thing and wait standby. It's a lot less of a wait first thing than any other time of day.
                Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Wait times are still high. Last saturday it got up to 240 minutes!

Comment

Try getting there straight in the morning to get a Fastpass or riding single rider. I've gotten on the ride in about 25 min. on Single Rider while the regular line was about 90 minutes. You can meet your party at the exit!
                    I'll rise like the break of dawn.

sigpic

Comment

I remember in Late August I walked right on in the single rider a few times and the standby was hovering around 45-60 minutes that day.
                      Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

well, shoot. i was hoping the frozen meet and greet pulled some ppl from RSR, but then again, it is in different parks. single rider won't be the best option, as i'm bringing my children, and my son most likely will be too short. will they do a switching-off option?

Comment

Originally posted by Avaren View Post
                          well, shoot. i was hoping the frozen meet and greet pulled some ppl from RSR, but then again, it is in different parks. single rider won't be the best option, as i'm bringing my children, and my son most likely will be too short. will they do a switching-off option?
                          Yes, RSR does do rider swap. I don't think that puts you through the FP/single rider line, though. You'd have to wait standby and then do the swap when you reach the vehicle.
                          Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
                            Yes, RSR does do rider swap. I don't think that puts you through the FP/single rider line, though. You'd have to wait standby and then do the swap when you reach the vehicle.
                            Argh, I feel like I'm doing work off the clock but I guess it's pre-emptively saving me on the clock hassle. RSR and a few other E-tickets give you a pass at the front of the stand-by, Fastpass, or Single Rider line that you trade for the actual rider switch pass when you get to the Merge or Grouper CM. For RSR trade it for the switch pass at the Merge point.(It's where they combine the Fastpass and Stand-by queues after the Bottle House/the oasis fountain if you're Fastpass/Single Rider.

For RSR the actual rider switch pass goes through the Fastpass queue so you're looking at 10-15 minutes normally, 20-30 if we just recovered from a single vehicle evacuation/DAS card flood, and up to 60-75 if we had a 4+ hour breakdown earlier in the day.

We've actually been letting Fastpass and Single Rider do rider swap, although rider swap for Single Rider could easily be cut back during peak season. Rider swap for Fastpass probably won't go away anytime soon unless the DAS card/rider swap situation gets out of hand to where the Fastpass line is consistently backed up even when there haven't been any breakdowns. Presently Fastpass queue back-ups only occur because of breakdowns and the occasional flood of DAS cards on a Friday night.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X