Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Mickey's Soundsational Parade...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Question about Mickey's Soundsational Parade...

I visiting Disneyland this past weekend and watched the Soundsational Parade. At the beginning of the parade, before the drum line, there was a cast member who was leading the parade walking backwards holding some sort of device up in the air. It was yellow and had wires connected to it. It looked like a sensor or tracking device with a small screen. She would look at the screen every so often as if it was tracking information.

Does anyone have any idea what this device is used for? Click image for larger version

Name:	parade.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	7374907

Re: Question about Mickey's Soundsational Parade...

My guess, is it's a noise meter to adjust the volume of the speakers.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
      My guess, is it's a noise meter to adjust the volume of the speakers.
      Thanks for the reply. I actually thought that could be it. It looks like a decibel meter but I would assume they would have a more high tech standard way of monitoring audio levels.

Comment

The information coming from the noise meter is sent back live to the N-19 building back stage where at Audio Central they adjust the level of the speakers to the right volume. Considering that over by small world you have both small world music (normally) and Merida's music going on all day they would need to adjust prior to a parade.
        Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
        http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

It's for monitoring the wind on the parade route. Certain aspects of the parade cannot go out when the wind reaches certain speeds.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X