This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Mara sculpture I've been working on

I started this yesterday. I'm still working on the headdress and a couple of finishing touches. thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

Re: Mara sculpture I've been working on

How big is it in real life? So far I am quite liking the detail, although the eye needs a little work in my opinion as it looks like Mara is looking upwards to the ceiling rather than directly at the viewer, unless that was the actual intent.

Also brilliant thinking. The legend says to not look into the eyes of Mara, but here Mara only have one eye instead of two eyes. So I suppose one could look into his eyes without worry then?

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

When you enter the chamber and up the ramp Mara has two regular eyes and pursed lips.

In the big room when you cross the bridge she has one eye but the other is messed up and has the light going through it. But there the mouth is open and teeth are showing.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
        How big is it in real life? So far I am quite liking the detail, although the eye needs a little work in my opinion as it looks like Mara is looking upwards to the ceiling rather than directly at the viewer, unless that was the actual intent.

Also brilliant thinking. The legend says to not look into the eyes of Mara, but here Mara only have one eye instead of two eyes. So I suppose one could look into his eyes without worry then?
        its about 8 inches. I didn't even see the eye! Ill try to fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
          When you enter the chamber and up the ramp Mara has two regular eyes and pursed lips.

In the big room when you cross the bridge she has one eye but the other is messed up and has the light going through it. But there the mouth is open and teeth are showing.
          I know I'm not trying to replicate either one, just basing it off of mara

Comment

That looks really good! The eye, like another poster said, just looks like it's looking up. Maybe it's the lighting. But other than that it looks great. I love the cracking detail (assuming that it was put there on purpose )

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X