This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Radiator Springs Racers FASTPASS update

So I'm planning my annual Disneyland trip and using Touring plans and it's suggesting this....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dland.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	7374910

So is it safe to go get in line for the Fastpass 30 minutes after park opening? Last year we did that very very first thing because we heard how fast they get gobbled up. Any updates on if they are still going that fast?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Re: Radiator Springs Racers FASTPASS update

The FP line for RSR is still pretty much as gnarly as it was when it first opened.

Comment

On a busy day there will be a line for fastpasses and they will be all gone within an hour, on a slow day you might have a little more time, but not a lot. It doesn't look like that is accounting for the line up that will already be there for the Fastpasses. I would get in line for the fastpasses right away; the first 4 rides will likely still be walk-ons.

Comment

They are usually gone in about 90 minutes, but sometimes they are gone faster. I think it is actually getting worse than it used to be.

Comment

July 4 last year I got RSR FPs 40 minutes after opening with no wait. Don't recall return time but it is still daytime in the ride photo. You mileage may vary.

A bientot
          Remember
          What the dormouse said
          Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Are you going to stay at a disney resort or buy a long enough ticket that you can get a magic hour? If so I would probably skip the fastpass for RSR and just try to get in early and head for it standby. If you don't get in early expect a line to already exist for the fastpasses and who knows what time you might get... I don't think you will be getting a 3:05 return if you follow your sheet. You might get a 7:05 or they might be gone.

Other little flaws... the goofy flight school doesn't alway have the fastpass option... last time we were there it wasn't turned on... And midway mania gets crowded by noon time. The wait time is likely to be at least double your 23 minutes.

Even the Fun Wheel often has a longer line than you have on your list...

To be honest I think I would chuck your list completely because their system appears to be completely void of reality.

Comment

Originally posted by ralfrick View Post
              July 4 last year I got RSR FPs 40 minutes after opening with no wait. Don't recall return time but it is still daytime in the ride photo. You mileage may vary.

A bientot
              I think a key variable we don't know is when is the OP's planned trip, what month and day of the week.... Knowing that could change suggests quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackster View Post
                I think a key variable we don't know is when is the OP's planned trip, what month and day of the week.... Knowing that could change suggests quite a bit.
                Right on the money. Also, sometimes when we open Racers we'll call Fastpass and let them know to reduce the number of Fastpasses if we're short on vehicles or the track was being stubborn in the morning and wouldn't let us open right away. In addition, Managers really like playing with the number of Fastpasses we give out each day since it's not like we get the same number of DAS cards and VIPs every day.

Just to be safe, get in line for Fastpass first thing in the morning and have your party do all the kiddie rides you wouldn't mind missing. (Bugs Land, Ferris Wheel, Triton's Carousel, etc.) I usually have the rest of my party hit up Monsters Inc. since I go all the time, it's one of the few rides at DCA that gets a long wait later in the day, and it's a decent ride with no height requirement. Are you planning on spending a whole day at DCA or hopping back and forth?

Comment

To be on the safe side I'd always consider getting the RSR Fastpass first. If you go 30 minutes after park opening, you are going to find yourself at the end of a long line of people waiting for them, and by the time you get to the front of that line, they're likely to be gone. That's especially true since we're in the spring break season right now and heading toward busy summer. I've heard consistently that the line for the Fastpass kiosks is really long when the park opens, and that the Fastpasses are gone very quickly.
                  Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

I'd definitely try and get the Fastpass as the first order of the day, just to be on the safe side. If that falls through, single rider is definitely the way to go. That's pretty much been the only way I've done RSR over the last year, and I don't believe I've waited longer than 25-30 minutes.

Comment

On slower days during Jan/Feb/March we actually couldn't get a FP for the evening because afternoon was still available passing through about 45 minutes after opening. Specifically, March 7th, a Friday even, 230 was the available time, and after doing Mater's and meeting Lightening and Mater, my sister ran back and still 3-4. YMMV, especially during busy times. Most likely you'd be okay half an hour out, but who actually knows...?
                      Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

When we were there between March 13-20, it was very difficult obtaining a fastpass. By 10:30am, they were gone on most days we were there.

The line is crazy long when the weekend approaches. On the Sat we were there, it stretched to where the Disney Jr theater was. Therefore, the first order of business when entering DCA is to get a fastpass or join the standby line.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackster View Post

I'm going May 5th-9th. This plan specifically is for the 6th which should be a pretty slow day. I think we'll probably just scoot the plan around a little and get the fastpass first so we don't risk it. The touring plans are sometime a little strange but I do think in general their strategy and planning is decent.

Comment

I never understood the concept of having your trip so planned out like this... but going along with it for this response.

Yeah I would say regardless of the date get your RSR fastpass ASAP. Get in line as soon as the park allows you in, then when it officially opens it shouldn't take too long to get the passes. I also think your wait times are quite short, even if it's a "slow day".

For DCA I start from back to front cause everyone goes straight to Carsland. So I wait next to the Buena Vista Guest Service booth (closest spot to Carsland). When it opens I walk straight to the back, ususally Donald is in his pavillion at Paradise Pier so I get a quick picture, then continue on to Toy Story Mania, walk right on to that, then Mickey's Non-Swinging Gondola, then Screamin', then the other carnival-type rides, then I get fast passes for ToT, then walk through Carsland and possibly do the 'mater and tires ride, then ToT FP is usually ready, then after that is Monster's, and then anything else I need in DCA... but by then it's usually noon and I make my way over to DL.

Have a great trip and remember the number one rule for enjoying your vacation... Go with the flow!
                            2014 Gumball Rally Team- Skyway Sweethearts
                            *~2014- Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder~*
                            *~2015- Disney Parks Premier Passholder~*

Comment

I went this past week during spring break. When the park opened at 8, fast passes were still available at 10:20 for late at night. That's when we like to ride. When it opened at nine, fast passes lasted until about 10:40 or so. We got some at 10:20 for 8-9 pm.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X